Author Topic: Chronicles of the Wayfarer  (Read 54804 times)

Offline Horned God

Re: Chronicles of the Wayfarer
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 05:12:51 PM »
The shield is not too bit it is suppose to be a Great Shield, aka the Iron Guard shield and as such is providing a 'shield' against missile attacks and like a Roman Tower Shield you hide behind it. To say it is 'too big' or out of scale. Yup some weapons and shields are freak'n big because they are really not designed for close combat as much as advancing cover. As far as thickness goes. I could see it made a bit thinner, but in the end I'd be ok either way. Yet, if this is not the final product, consider thinning it just a bit.

Just my 2 pennies.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 05:38:46 PM by Horned God »

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2016, 05:12:32 PM »
Hey Guys, So as I mentioned I have completed two races for my game and have the concepts for two more. I have gotten a few questions  about the scale. the reason I chose this scale was for a few reasons mostly revolving around cost. Cost for the consumer and cost of production for me. As to the cost issue I really like large models in my games and at 15mm you can introduce some mega creatures without the mega price tag and they are easy to store.

This is a War-beast in my game called a Tusk Bull. The platform is exchangeable and you have a few options. This one has rockets and the other has a canon. Hope you enjoy it.

Offline DARNIZHAAN

• Castle Triskelion
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2016, 08:06:51 AM »
That looks fantastic.   Are those goblins riding it?

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2016, 04:56:13 PM »
I call them Lesser kindred. The Kindred are a pretty amazing looking army.

JB

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2016, 11:06:34 AM »
Stunning!!  15mm is the way to go if you want to put these on the board, actually game with them, and be able to store them.  I'm digging this stuff. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2016, 03:17:52 PM »
Beautiful!  What's your ETA on KS?
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2016, 09:00:16 AM »
I am thinking I would like to do a Kickstarter in January. Most companies do a Kickstarter because they are underfunded to complete their project. My biggest challenge is I am under-timed. I have already run into some challenges in production of the figures which I think all Kickstarters do. I am glad I don't have fifty to thousand people crushing me with emails asking what is going on, telling me I suck and asking for their money back. To be totally honest the thought of the process makes my stomach churn. The thing that does appeal is it is a great marketing tool. This project was not created to be the next big thing it was created because I felt a void in something I wanted so I created it. The amazing thing is I am as excited to see the release as anyone because it is pretty cool and I would enjoy seeing it floursh.

So, the good news. The first two armies are completely designed. The BETA rules are 90% done, in color with support material. I have purchased my own production equipment to print and cast the figures. I am currently having some very cool high quality art done to support the product. So this is where the small excelsior community might come in. I might even do a limited release to get some figures out there in a controlled quantity and start getting feed back on how to make things better and help me identify potential issues when i do the Kickstarter. I will be launching a support site just for this product and start marketing it by the end of the year as well. The people who will have a edge in getting the opportunity to purchase pre-release stuff will be the people I am familiar with from this site mostly because we are like minded individuals and I think you will be best equipped to make recommendations - so if you are interested you might want to do some posting. Lets see how November goes and I will keep my brothers updated.

I will post more pictures shortly...

JB

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2016, 09:19:42 AM »
Take your time and get all your ducks in a row.  We'll be here.

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2016, 07:12:05 PM »
I second Josh's thoughts.

You're right.  The "Silly Season" is upon us, so perhaps waiting until next year for a project ramp up is a good thing.
-Private Hudson

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2016, 08:43:07 PM »
I am going to move this thread to a Facebook fan page hope to see all of you there...

https://www.facebook.com/Chroniclesofthewayfarer/

JB

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2016, 04:37:56 PM »
Already there.  I am happy to see you on there for this venture.  Great exposure.

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2016, 03:47:27 PM »
I've 'liked' the FB page, so I'm 'in'.  Will this forum continue?
-Private Hudson

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2016, 06:05:09 AM »
I may post some info here but I am going to focus my information there. Time is my biggest liability. I will however make some things available here that will not on the Facebook account.

This Thread will get less info than the Facebook page will but the Forum will continue. I also hope to post more painted chronopia figures soon down to about 6 armies.

JB

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2016, 03:44:11 PM »
Posted new picture on Facebook, you guys will have to wait a little longer photo-bucket is down.

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2016, 06:51:16 AM »
Okay here is the first batch of pictures for the Knights of the Kiln. Keep in mind these are 15mm figures. Lots more to show. There are about 44 figures including catapult, cavalry, chariot, Storm tower and the mighty Siege Fortress.

First up the Knights - they have two right arm options, a hammer and sword your choice

Next up the Lawgiver Knight - he has two right arm options, a book and severed head

The Warscreamers - the back banner, the standard and the one on the rights arms need to be glued on

Heavy Weapons - This is a support attachment for the Knights - the one on the left has to have arms glued on
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 08:41:25 AM by Jr_Boyd »