Author Topic: Siege of the Citadel getting brought back!!  (Read 13923 times)

Offline Brother Jim

Siege of the Citadel getting brought back!!
« on: October 12, 2015, 03:42:30 PM »
Modiphius & Cabinet Entertainment have joined forces to re-boot one of the most epic miniatures boardgames, Siege of the Citadel.

http://www.modiphius.com/siege-of-the-citadel.html

Available retail in October 2016 (according to the article).
Fear my ability to teleport hand grenades into your pants..........without the pin or spoon !!!!

Ebay alias: sweettooth32

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
Re: Siege of the Citadel getting brought back!!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 08:44:08 PM »
I read that.  That is most excellent!  They've brought in quite the impressive cast of designers and artists...
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline Spoon_Para

• Ganymede
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 06:50:20 AM »
I just hope the miniature design will be done by Modiphius...
Still, this is great news as they are doing quite a job with MC RPG.

Offline Horned God

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 02:09:52 AM »
Actually the miniatures I think are really Prodos as Mordiphius partnered with them to create miniatures for both Acthung Cthulhu and Warzone RPG, and more than likely this new board game since also Prodos is doing the line of Warzone Resurrection miniatures, thus it can be assumed the new board game will have 3D rendered 'resin' models and be similar in quality to, say, the new Aliens boardgame they are also doing.

I say awesome and that the miniatures will probably end up being very detailed and awesome as well.

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 04:54:52 AM »
This is great news!
"How was I supposed to know he was an unarmed man? His back was to me."

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 07:38:17 PM »
Wait...Prodos is also making a new Aliens game?!  Is it based off the Leading Edge version? 
-Private Hudson

Offline Brother Jim

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2015, 11:32:08 AM »
Completely new, but based on the Warzone Resurrection rules. The rules are a free download on Prodos website.
The rulebook is also available in Spanish, French and German.
Here's the link to the English rules.  http://calc.prodos.co.uk/photos/avprulebook.pdf

Here's a link to the boardgamegeek site.  https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/149896/aliens-vs-predator-hunt-begins
Here's a link to their book of faces page.  https://www.facebook.com/Alien-vs-Predator-The-Miniatures-Game-1430433530510297/
Fear my ability to teleport hand grenades into your pants..........without the pin or spoon !!!!

Ebay alias: sweettooth32

Offline Spoon_Para

• Ganymede
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 01:47:17 PM »
Actually the miniatures I think are really Prodos as Mordiphius partnered with them to create miniatures for both Acthung Cthulhu and Warzone RPG, and more than likely this new board game since also Prodos is doing the line of Warzone Resurrection miniatures, thus it can be assumed the new board game will have 3D rendered 'resin' models and be similar in quality to, say, the new Aliens boardgame they are also doing.

I say awesome and that the miniatures will probably end up being very detailed and awesome as well.

Don't get me wrong, they surely do have superior technology and very skilled digital sculptors and I will be happy to see the highly-detailed Siege of the Citadel miniatures in resin. I just hope the designs (sketches, overall look, etc.) will be prepared by Modiphius to be later printed/cast by Prodos as I am not really overenthusiastic about some Prodos designs for Warzone. That is all... Anyway, I am so much looking forward to seeing this done that I will have to play some good old Siege this weekend :D

Offline Petru5

• Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 06:16:58 PM »
Thanks, Brother Jim.  I was hoping it was truly Aliens, not Aliens vs Predator.  I have a special place in my heart for the Aliens game.  We (my gaming group) have even made an easy conversion of the Leading Edge rules for conventions.  It runs splendidly and quickly, even with 8-10 players. 

I'll download the Prodos rules, though! 
-Private Hudson