Author Topic: Scenario Cards  (Read 5178 times)

Offline Jr_Boyd

Scenario Cards
« on: August 22, 2015, 11:38:34 PM »
Okay, so I am ready to start doing some formal battles which I will take pictures and do a narrative. I still have a lot of work to do on the terrain but we will work with what we have. Chronopia is a dynamic skirmish game which one of the reasons I like it is that is has a fair amount of opportunity for more than hack and slash. Back in the day I made a bunch of Scenario cards and before each game you would draw one to see what the objective for the game was. I have been bouncing ideas for games around in my head and I created a 4.25 x 5.5 card. I would like to create 6-10 scenarios for each Army. I think it would be cool to make them more than just destroy your opponent. As i play with them I hope to add things like time of day and opportunities for things like weather and make adjustments for Victory conditions. For now this is what they might look like.

FRONT

BACK

If you have any ideas post a reply with what you think would be a fun game and some details.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 08:22:18 AM by Jr_Boyd »

Offline Buzzu

Re: Scenario Cards
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 11:29:46 AM »
The idea is very nice and the cards are very cool. Adding weather and terrain rules will add a lot of spice to the game, bringing great possibilities to those armies who got special abilities related to.
The only lack is the amount of A.P. points for the factions. In the card you show, for instance, you put in the conditions to destroy 100 A.P. points, but hich is the starting quota? it's very different id you're playing at 500 or at 1000...

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 11:13:43 PM »
The way it was intended is you get 1 victory point for every 100 points you destroy. You need 25 victory points to win. So I have this game in progress right now. The wolves control two quarters for 2 victory points and have distroyed two pods for a total of 2 points. This gives them 4 victory points. The blackbloods have killed one scout which does not earn any points yet. Harvested one pod for 2 points and controlled 2 table quarters for 2 points. After round one it is a tie at Wolves 4 and blackbloods 4 and three pew have been removed from play. We are playing with 750 point armies so if you only distroyed your opponent you would only get 7 victory points, let's say while you where destroying your opponent you controlled 2 quarters that is 12 points. So that total is 19, that is not enough to win. So game would end in a draw not a win.

The only way to win is to harvest 5 plants for 10 points or earn a total of 25 points. I want games that encourage more than clash of arms.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 09:49:03 AM »
 Pictures for the love of God,John ;).

Offline kvaerne

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 05:03:11 AM »
Buzzu, translate the paper? please .
Buzzu, mi traduci la carta ? per favore .

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 06:08:37 PM »
Here is what the "HARVEST" Scenario looks like. I am already going to make some changes but so far it has been fun to play. The fist turn was a race to the edges. I am going post the first turn tonight.

DEPLOYMENT
Mark a zone (24” x 24” square) all blackbbloods must be deployed in this area. Place one plant objective in any one 10 of the remaining 12 squares around the board in accordance with the diagram. Plants must be placed within the center of the square.Opponent must deploy all troops within 6” of edge of board on any of the four sides. Game last for 6 turns.

VICTORY POINTS
At the end of each player’s turn a player earns victory points (VP) as follows.
• Objective: Destroyed/Removed from Play = 1 VP (once per objective, AR-15 W-2) - (Edit can not be done with Missile fire)
• Objective: Harvested/Removed from Play = 2 VP (once per objective, AR-15 W-1)
• Control 1/4 of the table = 1 VP (highest point value has control)
• Combat: Destroy 100 pts of Enemy troops = 1 VP

VICTORY CONDITIONS
The first player to earn at least 25 victory points or if the Blackbloods Harvest 12 VP from objectives the game ends.[/size]14[/size]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 07:02:09 PM by Jr_Boyd »

Offline kvaerne

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 07:57:18 AM »
Thank you, I want to try.

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2015, 07:52:15 AM »
Great idea on the scenario cards. We will have to see if we can use them for Warzone also.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline FCM

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 03:13:21 PM »
Good idea!

we await other cards! ;)