Author Topic: Battle Field Terrain  (Read 5682 times)

Offline Jr_Boyd

Battle Field Terrain
« on: August 15, 2015, 09:56:24 AM »
I am going to start a new thread to show my terrain as it evolves. As soon as i finish the first table I am going to do a battle and pictures of it. The first fight will be Wolves and Blackbloods but don't tell Manic it is a surprise! Don't feel like you are hijacking a thread to post here. I would love to hear ideas, see your terrain.

So on to terrain, I have built a fair amount of terrain in my gaming career and I now like to just purchase it if I can find what i am looking for and unlike years past there is lots of great over counter terrain available. So if you have ideas or know of some awesome terrain please post it and share. I will start of creating Three tables 4x6. I am going to use GW Realm of battle boards and I already have one halfway done but open to ideas. I have several foam cutters but i like the modular snap together battle boards. The first tables i will be building are.

Woodland/Plains/Swamp - Realm of Battle board, GW Trees, Armor caste river sections, GW hills, GW walls, GW bushes, Army in a box swamp pieces.

Desert

Caverns/Ash Waste

And don't Groan just yet because to bring the Chronopia world to life I am going to custom build some chronopia terrain that will make it feel like home. I already have two Firstborn watch towers planed that will be quite sweet so stay tuned.

Offline Jr_Boyd

Re: Battle Field Terrain
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 10:00:06 AM »
Wood Terrain,

Here is there first pictures of my Woods/Plains table. It is only about half way done. i am still base coating most of the items you see on it right now so don't grimace just yet. The boards are painted and flocked and I have started to work on the fine details.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 11:05:38 AM »
 A very good start on the boards.

I have been picking up aquarium plant type pieces for games.Which i hope someday to play ;).

Great to hear a battle report is on the way too  ;D.

Foam cutters are great tools.I have one which i have used a couple of times.Much easier than using a knife.

Offline kvaerne

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 01:47:44 PM »

Offline Buzzu

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 01:05:54 PM »
Soooo cool!!! I just use some old blocks of wood constructions and a plastic tower took from warmaster... :(

Offline kvaerne

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 01:24:16 PM »

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 05:37:55 PM »
I really like that Castle, it would be very stygian appropriate. They have some pretty neat models at that site. I have added some of them to the need to get list. Great suggestions.

I did notice though it says some assembly required 510 pieces and it does not say scale but measurements. The price is good though!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:30:15 PM by Jr_Boyd »

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 08:58:13 AM »
Great work on the terrain boards. Looking forward to more updates.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.