Author Topic: UWZ --- Why the reduction in size of Cav Units? Bauhaus Rapts and Mishima Drags  (Read 10924 times)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
Hey, all--

A buddy and I were aseembling some forces when we noticed how small the cav units had become.

Don't know if I missed this discussion somewhere else but I was wondering if those close to the designers of UWZ know why the choice was made to reduce the size of cav units from Max 6 (2nd Ed) to Max 2 (UWZ) not incl. Bannermen and Leaders.  After all, the inf. units are the same max size (12).  I did notice wounds went from W1 to W3 (W2 for the Mishima Dragon Riders).  But this would be an easy change back if that becomes a balance issue.

Was this a game balance choice?  Were the large units overwhelming?  They don't seem so just looking at their stats. 

I ask because, fluff wise - "large" cav units seems in keeping with the Great War/World War era feel of the game

Thoughts?  :)

D

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
Anyone?  Anyone?

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
Still looking for a little old fashioned warzone discussion on this... :)

Offline Horned God

I say modify it. I did this in Chronopia. I have 3 Tusked Raiders. I made them a Unit. Now, if you feel they are too much, you can tone them down, they will also cost less but you then can add more of them. I did so in the thinking they were sort of like Blood Hunters (Devout). I also did the same for Firstborn mounted.

So in Warzone terms, and for units like Great Greys or Sharks, and talking about other factions, I think 2 to 3 are a good size. A squad of 1 is sort of not a squad to me. Its an Individual. So minimum 2 but I can see 2 - 3 in a unit. OR 2 - 4 might be the sweet spot so you can have 2, 3, or 4 in a squad.

Since you pay for what might not be 'not-cheap' models I don't see an imbalance. Also Considering ORCA are pimps and you can take up to like 3 of them, having those Mishima dragon riders up to 6 I don't see any reason why that is a bad idea. The 3 ORCA facing you will not be afraid of your 6 lizard riders.

Offline semai99

Also Considering ORCA are pimps and you can take up to like 3 of them, having those Mishima dragon riders up to 6 I don't see any reason why that is a bad idea. The 3 ORCA facing you will not be afraid of your 6 lizard riders.

Famous last words .. ;D ;D

I agree with the unit of one is an individual and unit sizes should be between 2-4 depending on what they are as to not get the cheezy brigade on the board  ::) you've all played against them
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Still looking for a little old fashioned warzone discussion on this... :)

Got no clue, sorry.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!