Author Topic: Pictures of my stuff  (Read 193400 times)

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
Re: Pictures of my stuff
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2015, 02:26:52 PM »
 The Wolf totem is from the old Leviathan range.The game before Chronopia.Link to the model below which is from Scotiagrendel.I dropped them a message to see if they could do an extra head.That and a bit of trimming and green stuff did the job well enough for me.

http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=221_222_44&products_id=2791

I really like Alex's take on the Vulture totem.I think a bit of wriggle room works with it.

The Son's of Kronos piece was my go at a Wyrd.I could not remember the name of the character.Been way too many years since i looked at the rules books.

Offline Horned God

« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2015, 06:24:47 PM »
Anyone got an extra Keeper model?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:21:45 PM by Horned God »

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2015, 06:38:51 PM »
I have an extra Keeper and I might be able to help you if you want him to look like mine.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2015, 11:40:19 AM »
when you say we...do you mean I have to make one..? that smelled like the "Royal we" as in me not you. Joshua I have enough respect for you that if you say I have to have one I will make a two headed Keeper. I was going to put my effort into a Totem but one Keeper coming up.

Your productivity meter is in the red, and revving.  Mine is slow as molasses.  I'd love to see your take on it.  This thread is fantastic.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2015, 03:03:21 PM »
Hey Guys, this is a lonely forum. Okay I was at work today and I was very bored. So I took an hour and whipped up some concept cards  and printed them. Take a look...

The card layout I did is faction graphic, faction name, deployment card at bottom and a position arrow at the top for the leader per Horned God's suggestion.

Scale to old cards

So pretty neat uh, I am not sure how I want to proceed. I think I want stats not pictures. I think I like the size. I am going to create some styles for the fronts fixing the type. This is also how I plan to make the scenario cards. So if you would like some input please sound off and let me know how you think they should/could/better look and I will make them. When I am done I will send Daargim, Manic, Joshua and Horned God a complete set free of charge. Anyone else that has feedback that I use i will give them a set. So, lets hear it.

Offline Horned God

« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2015, 06:45:22 PM »
I don't see the center point. I assume the image with the repulsar knight type model is the back of the firstborn deployment card. The card needs a center point in the middle of the card to know where to place the first model. I suppose you can eye ball it, but a point is if not useful, necessary. It is either the unit leader or in a leaderless warband, the first model. Around that model you then can place other models in the unit within your unit coherency.

I did not personally write up unit stats on the back of the cards because I used an Excel set of files I printed out. If I were going to have it printed. I would want to put it into a program like I have for my Call of Cthulhu stuff. It is something called like Realm works or something like that. On it I can create/print off cards for games like Arkham Horror or Talisman. I'll post the program if someone really wants me to. Basically you can create cards for games. On that, I'd create a set of cards with each unit so it prints it out all nice and neat. Yet, I found I just easily looked it up on the files which were in plastic sleeves.

If you do make these cards and since the default is Chronopia 2 you could do a set of cards without stats on the back and a set with it, but that is a lot of work. The center point is really all that is essential for placement of that first model. I do like the newer smaller card size. In fact you can have it as small as a little square, but I think I like how you made it a rectangle and sized it.

Thank you for making them.

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2015, 07:02:55 PM »
Look at the top of the "front" of the card you will see a little black arrowhead  That is where the leader of that card will be placed.  I have already knocked out the first changes and have Swordsmen and Macemen ready to go. I will print and post them shortly. It is easy to make blank ones. I figure i will make a blank template and save it to PDF and set it up with fields so you can put what you want for custom characters.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:05:51 PM by Jr_Boyd »

Offline Horned God

« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2015, 07:19:22 PM »
I like how you did the card with the picture on the back personally. I say keep that but do a picture that matches each type of army so a Swamp Goblin would have a Swamp goblin type figure on the back. I like how you have a picture of a well painted model on the back too. If you can find a well painted model for each army faction that would be great. When you do elves and dwarves and can make up a card for each elven house and one for each clan like that. For SOK they have 3 factions so one for each. Since technically when you play you will pic a faction to play.

In this way you have a first born card, 3 SOK cards, 5 dwarven clan cards, 4 elven house cards.

On the topic of the black arrow. Are you meaning that you place the card, and then when you do so you know when you reveal the card to place the first model in front of the arrow? That would work.

How your doing it then seems great. Please continue.

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2015, 09:48:37 PM »
Okay, now that I am home I decided to make some changes to my concept cards. I also made some spell cards. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Redesigned the Front

Added Stats to the inside

Created Spell Cards

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2015, 11:24:52 PM »
 Great work on these cards.I like the idea of the arrow and then you place the Leader in-front of the card at that point.A good way to do it.

Got to love that Firstborn miniature.Such a cool sculpt.

Offline Horned God

« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2015, 04:22:22 AM »
I like the redesign. Good choice on making the font larger, and white and with that shadow effect. Fully approved, I also like the back how you did the stats and calculated the Damage for the weapon, instead of the formula. So if the formula is ST + 4 and the model has 4 strength just list Dam 8.

Also one thing I never liked about Chronpia were things like the weapon modifiers for models like the Warshields which have a -2 CC. I get that, but it would be easier to just put a modified score in there. If they had 13 CC and its -2, then just list 11 since in no case will they ever have any other score as their base score. Put 11, and maybe if truly needed an Asterisk *-2 weapon modifier, base CC 13, yet anyone with the book would know that, and in the end these cards are for convience. I bring that up as you'll face that issue later on with a unit like that.

What thickness of cardstock is that? How did you cut the edges so cleanly. Does your machine have a way to cut them out like that, so you just press and it punches the out in that shape?

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2015, 10:07:06 AM »
Well based on your feedback here is a revision of what It could look like.

The Defensive modifier is only for models attacking this model so there is no way to make a permanent calculation. I did add the arc because I think a lot of players forget to deduct the shield bonus from the front.

Offline Horned God

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2015, 05:40:39 PM »
Let me clarify I did not mean the normal Defense bonus. I went back and looked at the book. I was thinking the warshields were still like 1e warshields. Go look at the Dwarven Laybrinth for the Warshields and you'll see what I mean.

Ok, forget that. They have 11 CC and warhammers so basically Thom pre-calculated that modifier into the model.

You listed the Def -2 you don't need to do that, but I see why you put the -1 as they have a Shield and thus models attacking them are -1 RC.

People will not immediately get that -2 is Defense and -1 is -1 RC.

Drop putting the -2 / -1 instead put the -1 under the Special Rules.

Shield: Attackers suffer -1 RC

OR

Put in that DEF -2 and for the -1 put Shield -1 RC so you clarify what that -1 and -2 are for. Putting -2 and -1 in there without clarifying can potential confuse.

OR

How about instead of Defensive put Defense on the top of that circle so its in the same place above the -2, and then under the circle on the opposite bottom part of the circle under the -1 put Shield so when someone looks at a card they are reminded of negative modifiers an attacker suffers. In most cases it will be Defense, (but keep in mind some models have 0 zero) and in some models cases they will list Shield and their modifier. But there is also the Size modifier to range so perhaps for most models you'll have Shield under that modifier, but for some you'll list Size and people will get use to the bottom modifier being the RC modifier unless you spell this out:

RC Modifier: Shield -1
RC Modiifer: Size -2

or something like that. I do like how you spell it out though because those modifiers are often forgotten during play but are important.

How about putting the DEF score above the Armor score, and switch it with the Wound stat so it reads: DEF, STR, WND on the top of that second set of stat boxes. That way the 'defensive stats' are right next to each other, like the CC is above the RC (the attacking stats)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 05:50:57 PM by Horned God »

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2015, 07:30:14 PM »
I made a mistake it should have looked like this. The Circle represents the models base. The model is a swordsmen and he has a shield. His defensive modifier is a -2 for the shield for CC and RC. The Defensive Modifier is only good to the front 180 degrees the back half of the model does not benefit from the shield. So, the in this example -2 and 0 are correct. A model could have a defensive modifier higher than the shield represents and the back half could still be a negative number. For example the desert crusaders have a -3 to front and -1 to rear.

What I just noticed is the defensive modifier for Macemen is wrong in the book it says they have a -1, it should be a -2

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 07:37:45 PM by Jr_Boyd »

Offline Horned God

« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2015, 04:48:52 PM »
I get your -2/0 thing now. It means -2 DEF in the front facing. Ok, but the model does have a Shield so in the special rules (which I assume will also have a fillable textbox).

Shields grant -1, -2 or -3 RC so under Equipment right after the weapon and before the Special Rules section as it is equipment.