Author Topic: Pictures of my stuff  (Read 195064 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Pictures of my stuff
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2015, 11:23:28 AM »
I can't wait to see these guys painted.  I'm very envious and awed at your conversions John!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Horned God

« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2015, 05:34:48 PM »
And so did the Heavens part, and thus did speak the Converter Supreme John!

"BEHOLD THY DRAGON CLAN ORDER OF VENGEANCE"

And it was good, and so the people rejoiced!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 05:36:23 PM by Horned God »

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2015, 07:52:36 AM »
Here is the preview of the third installment of the KEEPERS!

Meet the Wolf Clan Keeper

Offline Horned God

« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2015, 05:25:06 PM »
John your going too far. You just made one of the best conversions I've seen. A wolf clan totem.

Where did you get that head piece. It is a perfect addition to the model.

Can't wait to see the Wolf Clan models together. What have you done for the Wolf Totem?

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2015, 06:35:13 PM »
Well....unfortunately I think I am going to go with Warp wolves from Privateer Press. I also have decided to deviate from the Chronopia Mythos - I cann't reconcile in my mind how the Keeper can transform into the Wolf Totem and grow an additional head (fantasy, I get it but - no). I thought about converting a giant 40K wolf but it would be costly and once again did not like the two head thing. So unless someone can sway me we are going Warp wolf. I also decided to use the Griffons from Hoards as well because in the Chronopia Mythos it says the Vulture Totem is one of the smallest Totems and it can Fly. I keep looking at the Terror bird and it just did not work for me so Griffons it was. Plus the Griffons looks so bad ass.

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2015, 02:45:45 PM »
A few more wolves...

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2015, 10:50:57 AM »
We really need a two headed Keeper.   :-\
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2015, 11:48:12 AM »
when you say we...do you mean I have to make one..? that smelled like the "Royal we" as in me not you. Joshua I have enough respect for you that if you say I have to have one I will make a two headed Keeper. I was going to put my effort into a Totem but one Keeper coming up.

Offline Horned God

« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2015, 11:59:36 AM »
The wolf totem has 2 heads and thus it has 2 attacks in the game. The main thing is it would have an acid spittle (ie an attack with residual damage) and if you gave it one head, I'd say keep it with 2 attacks and just call it the fact it's main thing is speed. So if it had one or two heads ultimately does not matter, but does it fit the original fluff, no probably not.

Would I or most players of the type that would hold that against you and say 'sorry dude you can't field that'. Nope, for most of us we don't care.

Unforunately the sculptors of the industry don't have many two headed dog/wolf models that are off huge size. I have seen models which would be great chronopia models but just not that. If you found a warp wolf and it is of the right size. I'd say go for it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=warpwolf&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=zGzWVMPqCYu-ggSBtIKQBg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1344&bih=686#imgdii=_&imgrc=NvwfJ5UuavnXDM%253A%3BQV4B5ogh1wIemM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fimages.dakkadakka.com%252Fgallery%252F2011%252F5%252F22%252F224777_sm-Circle%252C%252520Feral%252C%252520Hordes%252C%252520Orboros%252C%252520Warpwolf.JPG%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.dakkadakka.com%252Fgallery%252Ftag%252F3199-Warpwolf.html%3B500%3B375

Here is a link to the warp wolf and we should note that Hordes is pretty much a modern replacement game for Chronopia in many ways, in that it filled that niche. The model is of the right size and like the old VOR growlers I see people modifying the model and there is one model that makes a great VOR growler in fact.

But yes this model works very well and is essentially a Wolf Totem. I say go for it. In fact I might find myself buying a couple of them.

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2015, 08:48:28 PM »
Your links is one of the Warp wolves I was going to use. I have done such a good job keeping with the background now I am questioning my choices. I am going to ponder this one a little more. So in my wolf frustration here is what I did today. The Sons of Kronos have always been my favorite faction. In the second addition they added Warhawks for the hunter to use. Well I did not want to use the same hunter that I use to run my dogs so had to find and make some Proxies...

What  do you think

I have to say they turned out very slick and will paint up fantastic IMHO

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2015, 09:10:38 PM »
Okay, my creativity is flowing and my wife and kids have left me most of the day. A couple of people have asked me how is my painting. Here are two of my Devout Swordsmen I painted today.

Here are some of my Darktusk that I have been working on. A a added sneak peek to my modded Totem.

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2015, 09:26:55 PM »
Last one tonight,

The only faction I have not been able to put together is the Swamp Goblins. I have post all over the internet and not much in the way of bites. So if I don't find some soon I am going to have to start converting. These are the proxies I am thinking of using they will take quite a bit of conversion work but It might be worth it.

Possible Headhunters

Possible Heavy Spears

Possible Webmasters

Possible Heroes

I would do some heavy conversions here, weapons, heads, nets and some other small details? Thoughts?

I hope I don't have to go this route but it is not looking good for the Swampies.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2015, 10:22:02 AM »
 Like the Warhawk proxy miniatures.Nice bases too.Where is the handler miniature from?

I still need to go digging to see what i have left from the Swamp Goblins and other pieces that you need.

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2015, 10:26:01 AM »
 My try at a Son's of Kronos figure.

Offline Jr_Boyd

« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2015, 01:17:02 PM »
WAIT... I totally dig the Wolf Totem, where did that come from. That is AWESOME. I figure you blended two models but you hit it on the head! Point me in the correct direction and I will put mine together ASAP. The female hunter is a reaper model from the Pathfinder line. I made all the bases for the War hawks and they turned out great, the pictures do not do them justice.

Okay, your Terror bird the the BEST one i have seen and I still don't like it. It looks just like the picture in the book - however it says in the description it can become airborne. That Bird is not get of the ground with anything short of a catapult.

Any Swamp Goblins you can help me out with will be eternally appreciated! I plan on using your barbarians for the Burning blades so I will be putting a order in soon I was waiting to see if any new dwarves made their appearance.  I will have to mod them with fire on the blades of course but I look forward to it! If I tried to do what you did for the SOK it would be renamed from Wyrd to Weird. ;)

Always good to hear from you!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 02:09:05 PM by Jr_Boyd »