Author Topic: Universal Battle - Second chance for Chronopia?  (Read 4504 times)

Offline arqueek

Universal Battle - Second chance for Chronopia?
« on: September 09, 2013, 06:55:55 AM »
Hello! Last days i have discovered some very interesting website.

As simple i can say it's just a Table Simulator, with all accesories to play - meters, dices, templates, symbols, You have to create account, which is free, but you can also go PRO account to get more options. You can play a lot of games, i think some boardgames are also possible ;) I haven't tried it yet, but i think it may be a good idea to make a Chronopia List and models and start to play "on-line".

Ah, and the website - http://www.universalbattle.com/

PS Sorry to admins and moderators because of the advertising, but it's not a standard commercial, I just want to play wargames with someone ;)

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
Re: Universal Battle - Second chance for Chronopia?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 06:41:03 AM »
Looks cool at first sight.

I spend much too much time on the computer at work, so I probably won´t play online. But it looks like a good solution seeing as how we Chronopianists are spread thin over the globe. Any idea if the figures need to be vector graphics, or could these: http://forum54.oli.us/index.php/topic,7125.0.html  maybe be used on that platform?
"How was I supposed to know he was an unarmed man? His back was to me."

Offline arqueek

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 12:12:52 PM »
The graphics could be great, i just don't know that can I made my own graphics, or I have to use the "army generator" models only. I need to pay for PRO account, but nobody want to play, so it's useless ;) And the most important question...are you planning to release some new skins?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 12:18:11 PM by arqueek »

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 06:24:41 AM »
Also, the mechanisms seem to be geared toward blocks of infantry moving in concert, as in *that other game*. Might actually work for Empire Chronopia, though, if one can actually create Myrmadon or Warp Sentinel counters.
"How was I supposed to know he was an unarmed man? His back was to me."

Offline Horned God

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 02:33:48 PM »
I wish they'd have created a game much like Warcraft (the original skirmish battle game) for Chronopia. That would have been cool. It could still happen. Paradox, a computer company if they had actual programming skills could create it, OR they could get a real computer company like EA or Blizzard or any number of others to do it and it would turn out pretty good.