Author Topic: Helios list.  (Read 12784 times)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Helios list.
« on: June 25, 2013, 07:35:04 AM »
I'm just pitching a new list I'm getting ready to run, and making progress getting the paint done.  I'll post pics in the painting section in the coming weeks.  The idea came from Steve Garcia (masherking), after he schooled me with Helios at Talamania.  In all the years I've been playing Chronopia, I failed to read the damn book correctly and see that the Keepers of the Flame have THREE actions!!  Hot chicks with flaming swords!!  High LD, good CC, and THREE actions.  I played a tight game against my usual opponent and ran with two squads of these girls with some support.  I won the game with one Warrior of the Sun left with one wound left.  He was all that was standing.  In my usual scheming, I've decided to just go with MORE HOT CHICKS with FLAMING SWORDS!!  

Here's the list, and it needs no hot sauce:

3 Squads of Keepers of the Flame
1 Squad of 8 Militia plus Leader
3 Warriors of the Sun
1 Warrior of the Golden Mask.      999 Points.

Cheesy?  You bet.  Fun?  I can't wait to field them.  Report to follow.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
Re: Helios list.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 01:19:49 PM »
No Lotus-Eater?  :o
"How was I supposed to know he was an unarmed man? His back was to me."

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 05:17:08 PM »
I find the Flame Strike of the Warriors of the Sun to be more reliable.  It's an auto hit, and residual.  The trick will be getting them to go off at the right time.  They also have to be there to rally the girls, who are  not immune to Panic or Fear, and shoot a few models going across the board. 

We'll see how it goes!

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 12:02:47 PM »
I can empathise. Never had much luck with my sorcerers´ rolls...
"How was I supposed to know he was an unarmed man? His back was to me."

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 11:16:41 AM »
Victory!!  Smelled like nampalm in the morning!!  Dalton brought four squads and four individuals.
2 squads  Orc Swordsmen
1 squad Orc Caravan Guard
1 squad Orc Assault Warriors, with the obligatory Standard of Strength.  I hate facing these guys!
2 Alchemists
2 Kutara Lancers.

I moved my Militia up the middle.  One squad of Keepers of the Flame up the right, with a Warrior of the Sun, and my other two squads of girls went forward up the left.  An Alchemist firebombed three of my Militia, but they hung in and went up against the Caravan guard.  I ran all of my girls as far ahead as I could, basically throwing away one squad, but guaranteeing that if I won or lost initiative, they would be in a place to use their fifteen actions against the all orc army.  They brought it!!  They finished off both Lancers after the Warrior of the Sun only put one wound on them with his flame strike, and went into a squad of Orcs and the Alchemist, killing all of them.  The Caravan guard was killed off by the Militia and the Warrior of the Golden Mask, but one squad of Orcs came up my flank to be taken out by a Warrior of the Sun.  The end of the game only had the Assault Warriors who conceded the field.  I had remnants of two squads of KoF, and all four individuals, and we called the game.  

Dalton's Blackbloods have trounced my Dwarves so many times that it was refreshing to bring the fire of the Elves and win.  He's already wondering if the girls are under costed, and planning his next army list.  More to come.   :D

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 09:25:35 PM »
AWSOME!

I'm a House Helios fan from way back(right about the time elves invented fire ;>}).  I've had some good luck and some bad luck with them.  Armies with really tough individuals can be really troublesome since Helios has no answer for them except lotus eater.
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143