Author Topic: Contemplating Template Changes - 2nd to 3rd Edition  (Read 9516 times)

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
Contemplating Template Changes - 2nd to 3rd Edition
« on: March 15, 2013, 09:39:16 AM »
I was just looking through the 2nd Ed. rules last night for fits and giggles-- I do miss some of their vehicle rules ideas-- but that is for another thread.

My question is...do any of you insiders know why the flamer and area templates were made larger?  I get the idea of streamlining everything down to 3-4 templates (although I kinda like the uniqueness and look of the special templates for the dark powers - just feels more atmospheric).

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Contemplating Template Changes - 2nd to 3rd Edition
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 03:26:22 AM »
There are large and small templates for Explosions and for Flamers.  Not sure if you are talking about these, or whether you are asking if there is a size difference from 2nd ed. to 3rd ed.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 11:29:17 AM »
No, I am referring to the growth of the templates from 2nd to 3rd-- they got larger.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 05:21:39 PM »
We have always used the 2nd ed templates (they were pre-perfed, and did not require removal from the book), so I did not really take notice.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!