Author Topic: License Info  (Read 73350 times)

Offline mchiao

Re: License Info
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2006, 07:54:32 AM »
The only reason why I got into Chronopia is because of the story.  It was good.  Since then, I sort of stopped paying attention to the fluff nor the story line.  After all, the game itself is interesting and well thought out in its own right.

Even after 10 years, the game is still fun to play.  Like many classics, such as Chess and Monoploy, it probably will stay with most of us for a long long time.

I still like the original/1st edition books.  Colorful and fun to read.

Seriously, besides the fluff, is there any rule changes that made the game unpalatable?

Offline Anomander_Rake

• Fortune favours the brave
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2006, 08:01:55 AM »
My brother told me that I shouldn't post my previous post. Prabobly most of you (or even all of you) don't agree, but I its mine opinion.

I don't agree with you, but I like it that it doesn't matter to you what we will say...it's right to have an opinion and to stand by it...

Feel applauded!
It's better to be silent and thought the fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2006, 09:10:09 AM »
For the most part EE did very well some of the fluff changes were a bit inessisary but hey they had creative control and it wasnt that bad. I just want the game to go on and would like to see EE continue and get it going. They had some serious promise with CM and the minis coming in (more than we knew) but they do have there problems like not being able to get stuff out. But I think if they lose the rights I hope whoever picks it up will able to carry on.
Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it but only u can feel its warmth!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2006, 09:35:55 AM »
Well, the lady handling the license for Paradox enters the office today.  It may take a while for them to sort out what's going to happen.  It took EE a while to even get a crack at it after the Target collapse, so we could be in for a long wait.  We'll see what happens.  Cheers.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline mchiao

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2006, 09:42:50 AM »
Speaking of Target...

I wonder if there is ever going to be a documentary similar to "Enron: The Smartest Guys in The Room"?

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2006, 10:00:39 AM »
Complete with them running I-Kore into the ground as well.  Hm.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Vingthor

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2006, 12:34:12 PM »
 We all had great hopes for Warzone and Chronopia, it appears that it was not to be with Excelsior. Excelsior does have other lines that it is marketting so they may pull through this. I hope Thom gets well soon.

PMP Ving

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2006, 03:25:31 PM »
I just want to know if the outstanding orders are going to be filled, I would like to have the stuff i ordered and paid for. As there is no way to talk to anybody from EE, I gusse I will just have to wait and see.
Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it but only u can feel its warmth!

Offline JohnL5555

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2006, 08:00:38 PM »
  Luckily, I just picked up another 400 or so warzone figs on Ebay (mainly madzerker's stuff). So, I pretty much have every faction and force that i could want for Warzone.

Thanks,

John

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2006, 08:13:07 PM »
So it was you I was bidding against. sorry about that but you understand how it is.

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2006, 11:18:22 PM »
At the rate those ebay auctions go, every Chronopia or Warzone model ever produced will be owned by about 12 people, each with thousands of figures.

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2006, 03:19:50 AM »
At the rate those ebay auctions go, every Chronopia or Warzone model ever produced will be owned by about 12 people, each with thousands of figures.
Smiles and pets his 100's of SoK and Gobbos gotten of Ebay.  ;D

Offline Morfdoggs

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2006, 07:04:57 AM »
Dopnt forget the hundreds of Firstborn bro. Thats where its at baby. I was so lookin forward to the Firstborn stuff from CM.

Offline JohnL5555

« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2006, 10:17:57 AM »
I did lose one auction IIRC.  Computer locked up at the last minute. ;) Between what I won from him and have picked up over the last 3-4 years I probably bought the retail value of around 5-6000 dollars or more worth of stuff. Most recently I aquired a pretty large Mishima army. Always wanted one. Decided now was the time to get some.

Thanks,

John

So it was you I was bidding against. sorry about that but you understand how it is.

Offline mchiao

« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2006, 12:15:02 PM »
Most recently I aquired a pretty large Mishima army. Always wanted one. Decided now was the time to get some.

Thanks,

John

So, that was you who won the sizeable Mishima recently.

Now, you wouldn't happen to live on the east coast?