Author Topic: License Info  (Read 73358 times)

Offline mchiao

Re: License Info
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2006, 12:09:51 PM »
With Thom out sick and both pots out, it might not be so bad for Warzone/Chronopia to go back to their 'parent'.  God knows what will happen to them but I doubt it will get any worse.  I'm pretty sure Warzone will probably survive but not so sure about Chronopia.  After all, there is going to be a movie based on MC (Warzone) in the future.  Now, whether that movie will hit the theater or not... Only time will tell.

Store like www.thewarstore.com already pull Warzone/Chronopia off their web page.  I still have figs that I need in order to complete my armies...

SIGH...

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2006, 12:38:41 PM »
I've gone to ebay to try to finish out my elves.  I know the feeling.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2006, 02:23:46 PM »
It does raise the uncomforatble question of what is left in stock at headquarters.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Kratach

• Journeyman
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2006, 04:44:50 PM »
It does raise the uncomforatble question of what is left in stock at headquarters.

I am still waiting to hear from John as to whether they can sell their existing stock. My guess is that they can't sell anything after the 1/31 expiration of the liscense. :'(
It IS as bad as you think it is and they ARE out to get you!!!

Offline chribu

• Keeping track of all the answers
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2006, 05:50:33 PM »
i wonder if there will be a "warzone 4th edition" or if they'll keep the current rules... they haven't been out that much.

Offline mchiao

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2006, 06:47:43 PM »
My guess is it probably will be inactive for a year or two.  Hiring new people to study the rules and come up with something that is for the mass will definitely take time.  It is not uncommon for  the 'new' company to say there will be a 'new' version and there will be some limited support (which means no support) for existing products.  I think the best way to tell is to see if there will be any Warzone/Chronopia presence in Gen Con.  Then again, it is nothing new for those of us who are here.

Offline NinjaCat

• Journeyman
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2006, 06:56:14 PM »
Store like www.thewarstore.com already pull Warzone/Chronopia off their web page. I still have figs that I need in order to complete my armies...
SIGH...

I had an active order in there since Dec. 1st.  That poor guy was racking his brain trying to get the stuff for me.

That would have given me all the Bauhaus I needed.  Oh Well.

The thing about it is,  thewarstore.com only just found out as well.  At least thats what they said in the email.
Please insert *Obscure Movie Quote* or *Witty Gamer Lingo* here: ________________________________________________!

Offline Firstborn

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2006, 02:28:29 PM »
I am so glad that I finished my Chronopia collection several months ago.

I have over 2,000 points of every army in the game. My Firstborn, Elf, Blackblood, and
Devout armies are beyond 4,000 points.

I would suggest anyone that is really interested in Chronopia to acquire the figures
as soon as you can.

My sense is, they will soon become very, very rare. They are already sparse on Ebay.

Chronopia; Truly fantasy gaming's best kept secret. A rare gem, perfect in it's implementation,
flawless in it's play. A game easy to learn, yet one I am still trying to master after years of play.
A game that is sadly.....cursed and destined to fade into the wind.

It will be true Chronopia fanatics, folks like me and other's on this board that will keep the game alive.

I will always have my Chronopia collection, and will always view it as the best fantasy wargame ever published.

Even years down the road, I will turn to Chronopia as my favorite game.
Chronopia - The best fantasy miniature wargame ever made

Cazo

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2006, 03:51:07 PM »
Agree, totaly, with Firstborn, and I want add: "The best fantasy background".
Unfortunaly, Chronopia is the same of 10 years ago, other games (like Confrontation) are too evolute (in immage and in miniture), so Chronopia can't mach with this market mosters.

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2006, 09:02:07 AM »
Man... and I never bought those new Devout Archers I wanted...

If I place an order for them, will they be filled out of existing stock?  There are about three things I want to order, but I'm leery about sending money if the company is defunct.

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2006, 08:32:44 PM »
Man... and I never bought those new Devout Archers I wanted...

-Alex

I did...mwahahaahahaahaaaaa

8)
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline Satrapa

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2006, 06:34:39 AM »
I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand Excelsior did his best to revive Chronopia. On the second Excelsiors Chronopia is much defferent than Targets Chronopia (Ex changed a bit of fluff but most of this changes was bad for my and in second edition it is not the same game I have decided to play years ago).

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2006, 11:04:10 AM »
Since the other thread is closed, and this is the closest thing to it, I thought I should mention that I did just receive payment for the tunnel fighters.  I was pleasantly surprised as I had written them off and had been attempting to get them returned.

Offline mchiao

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2006, 07:46:09 PM »
I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand Excelsior did his best to revive Chronopia. On the second Excelsiors Chronopia is much defferent than Targets Chronopia (Ex changed a bit of fluff but most of this changes was bad for my and in second edition it is not the same game I have decided to play years ago).

Just wondering what is not working for you.  I really dont see much difference between those 2 version, IMHO.

Offline Satrapa

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2006, 04:14:22 AM »
Just wondering what is not working for you.  I really dont see much difference between those 2 version, IMHO.

Some fluff changes examples:
Dream Warriors
was: normal soldiers whith armors infused by blue lotus
is: The truth of matter, a truth known only to the Inner Circle of the Elven Crystal Lotus Eaters and Duke Zazen, is that the Dream Warriors actually do not exist. They are the mental manifestations of a select group of elder Lotus Eaters whose ancient bodies have left them incapable of almost all movement yet whose lotus-laced minds are brimming with clarity and power.
Caravan Guard
was: normal soldiers trained to fight on the desert that protect caravans
is: Tabukhar personal guard

Minis look.
Swamp goblin heavy spearmen have extra armor on old pics, but their minies don't. They have different helmets, and are just more D&D style, and less old Chronopia style than light spearmens.
In S.G. army I would prabobly have sth. to say about novice shaman, but I cant see anything on his picture in store.

New things:
Cerulean horde - more ancient, more scary... i don't see any new fresh ideas bleeah
Elithrion - he fits better to devout look and devout mentality.
Exemplar - I found firstborn army more like soviet army (Judges works like NKWD) not like US army ("Il show you guys how to do it" - exemplar) btw. they have allready their leaders - repulsar knights.
Dwarves drillers or miners (I have forgot their exact name) - lets take field workers to army it will be great :P
Cannons for everyone (gourd canons, warp things, etc.)
Embraced - weak horned primitives
spiders - S.G. had hittin bugs, and all of them mounted. Goblin armiy was made from goblins, and their mounts, not from zoo.

My brother told me that I shouldn't post my previous post. Prabobly most of you (or even all of you) don't agree, but I its mine opinion.