Author Topic: License Info  (Read 73009 times)

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Re: License Info
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2006, 02:22:10 AM »
Update!

I have been in contact with Fredrik Malmberg at Paradox to confirm the information regarding Warzone. Fredrik confirms that they have canceled the license for both Warzone and Chronopia. He also writes that they have a plan for both games and that it will be made public shortly.

/Andreas

Offline semai99

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2006, 02:55:03 AM »
It's quite sad that this has happened, hopefully they will quickly sort this out so the games can progress and people won't consider them dead again.

Lets hope they quickly post some sort of statement on the forum & places like 'The Miniatures Page (TMP)' that I know quite  lot of us use regularly, so to keep the games running.
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2006, 06:48:42 AM »
Thanks for the update Andreas. 

May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Seamus

• Branch Incentives
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2006, 01:56:37 PM »
Thanks for the update Coil.
Seamus Muadhen
eBay: branchenterprisesinternational
email: dkidd23 AT yahoo DOT com

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
General Douglas MacArthur
US WWII general & war hero (1880 - 1964)

Offline Roach Company

• Playtestor
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2006, 03:59:33 PM »
Thanks for the info, Coil.

Hang in there, Thom and Co. I know this is hard on everybody, but let's keep Thom in our thoughts during all this. He's one of the good guys and this is a hard road for anyone to walk, especially when weathering personal issues.

For what it's worth, let's let Thom focus on those personal issues first. While we all may be passionate about our games, this is not as important than taking care of what truly matters. The Miniatures Page can wait. The press releases can wait. There is no urgency here. If Paradox has made a decision, it's up to them to announce any changes, not EE. They are the IP holder and they apparently stated Feb 27th, so let's let them make that call.

Until then, let's leave EE be with these kinds of questions/demands. If were ever a fan, thank them for their time. If you never were, go elsewhere. There are many places on the net where you can vent and complain. Right now, this should be a place to support EE during these rough times.

Thanks, Thom for the opportunities. If you need me and the Louisville gang, you need but ask.

Mark M.
Am I Magic?

Sure. Just point my gun and shoot and it’s AbraCadaver.

Another dead guy. Big whoop. Got a hundred of them already. Kill and keep killing until they tell you to stop. That’s life in Roach Company for you.

It’s a living.

Offline Ludwig

• Journeyman
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2006, 05:06:55 AM »
Hey,

This is Kevin. Would someone in the know drop me a line, I've been trying to get in touch with excelsior for the past month or so. cheers.

kevin

Offline Sosna

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2006, 03:32:35 PM »
Hey,

This is Kevin. Would someone in the know drop me a line, I've been trying to get in touch with excelsior for the past month or so. cheers.

kevin

Just send email to Jon. I got his answer today - he has vacation.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2006, 01:37:29 PM »
Hey,

kevin

My contact info is in my profile, Kevin

Get that and combine it with the White Pages.

Alternatively, use this: 4844940351
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 01:39:03 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Mort

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2006, 06:55:56 PM »
I wish Thom all the best, and for a safe, complete, and speedy recovery from whatever is ailing him.

I also wish WZ/Chronopia all the best in whatever home they end up in. It will be very interesting to see where they end up.

Mort

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2006, 07:16:54 PM »
I wish Thom all the best, and for a safe, complete, and speedy recovery from whatever is ailing him.

I also wish WZ/Chronopia all the best in whatever home they end up in. It will be very interesting to see where they end up.

Mort

Tim -

You prolly had better reason than most others to hold a grudge or gloat. Thanks for being a class act. I hope more people give you the karma you deserve.

Hal
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline UrbanShocker

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2006, 06:37:12 PM »
It's been a while since i've looked at Paradox's website.  Could somebody please post the link for paradox website.

Offline mchiao

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2006, 07:48:36 PM »

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2006, 09:02:23 PM »

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2006, 09:59:00 AM »
I idly wonder of WZ is cursed.  It does have a bad habit of going down the tubes when everything seems to be progressing fairly well.

It is ironic that people who have the means but now the will have sat on this game and the rug is pulled from those who have the will but not the meand due to being overcome by events.

If there is any justice in this, EE's work (and hopefully workers) will be incorporated into whomever takes over.

Is there any plan to release the work you have done for the Mars, Venus, DE and other supplements in a PDF format or something or is that one of those "stand by to see what happens" type situaitons?
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2006, 10:29:24 AM »
I wouldn't count on it, without heavy revision those books are directly tied to the Mutant Chronicles License, and without a license to distribute materials pertaining to the Mutant Chronicles Intellectual property would be a violation of Intellectual property laws.

The writing done for those books, and anything else created, if done by excelsior employees or purchased by Excelsior from freelance creators remains the property of Excelsior entertainment, however without a license to distribute such products the best a company could hope for is that the new licensee will be interested in purchasing what was in development (likely at a significant discount)