Author Topic: License Info  (Read 73341 times)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
Re: License Info
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 05:55:14 PM »
Origins is still in the works and I hope to be in touch with Thom soon. Currently there are several Warzone and several Chronopia events that are being scheduled. I will also be running some LoS events and my Legions of Steel/Warzone scenario. These are being hosted by the Midwest Crusaders. Our motto is "We are on a mission from Thom" .
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Spagg

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 05:56:06 PM »
I am not sure of the details of this situation, but I just want to say that my prayers are with you Thom. I pray that you overcome whatever is happening and want you to know that your friends here in Louisville are there for you. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Hang in there brother,

Scott

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 05:57:34 PM »
I completely agree, Josh. Good Karma for you.

SP

Sorry I didn't ask about Warzone.  I agree, we really should pool all this into one thread; by the time we do, hopefully there'll be some announcement anyway. 

I'm more on the edge of my seat about Thom's health.  I'm hoping whatever he's fightin' gets licked.  The license is the least of our worries.  This community will survive; we've been keeping these games alive, and we're going to maintain discipline in the face of confusion. 

The gamers on this forum, both Chronopia and Warzone are definitely a breed apart, with an esprit de corps unmatched.  -- And that's powerful stuff. 
Cheers.
Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline Goldwyrm

• Journeyman
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 07:21:38 PM »
I hadn't heard Thom was ill until reading through this topic. I hope he is ok. Anyone visiting or talking to him, please pass along my best wishes for a speedy recovery. Thanks, Mike L.

Offline Catinator

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 11:21:49 PM »
Greetings,

I hope Thom gets well soon. I`ve only heard he has serious troubles of personal nature but there were no details about it. My best wishes to him.

Well, we have to wait how the licence issue will solve itself but I hope it turns out to be good. For Chronopia they have many things in work in progress that may help with getting the licence back.
For Warzone I`m not really sure.

For the sculptors - I really wish your greens will be realased and you`ll get the money as well. There are too many nice minis...

We`ll see.

Greetings,

Catinator

Offline Jibbajabbawocky

• Member Emeritus
  • Your Benevolent Dictator
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 06:06:43 AM »
I just hope they keep this rule set, since Tom and co. did an awesome job with it.
"You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... Mine!"
Homebase: Northern New Jersey
Ebay: Mokodoba

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 07:45:11 AM »
I just hope they keep this rule set, since Tom and co. did an awesome job with it.

Ditto

People can say what they want about the rulebook or the big FAQ but at the end of the day it still one of the best mini rules for sale on the market today.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2006, 07:53:49 AM »
That's why we're all playing these games--fabulous rules set, great settings--whatever goes down we can appreciate all the work that Thom put into collating TWO games into these versions.

I'm only familiar with Chronopia; I have all of the old books, and looking at all the information and mechanics that were put into one balanced book is incredible.  The 2nd edition of Chronopia may not have had the gloss and shine of the Ultimate Warzone book, but A LOT of work went into this endeavor.  It would be shame to see it disappear completely. 

If any other party picks up the license for these games and doesn't understand that the core mechanics are what make them so good, then they really don't know what they've got.  We'll see what happens. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Iron Panda

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 08:08:11 AM »
 I really enjoy Chronopia and Warzone and it's disheartening to see Thom and company to go through all these hardships.  Hope everything will turn out well in the end.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 08:09:53 AM by Iron Panda »

Offline semai99

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 08:52:35 AM »
I really enjoy Chronopia and Warzone and it's disheartening to see Thom and company to go through all these hardships.  Hope everything will turn out well in the end.

I totally agree and I wonder if the problem they are having is anything to do with the movie being made, pretty much like the LOTR movie when the franchise for the figures was given to GW and taken from Black Tree (I think), lets hope that this is not the reason for this delay.

As its a bad day when a good company suffers for putting out a good product and won't get the benefit from all the hard work to get the systems up and running again, against all the odds as well with all the bad feeling against the Target closure which rubbed off on these products even though they are both great settings and now both rulesets are well re-written and fun to play. This might all change because one company thinks they can make a few more bucks rather than the Continueing health and passion that the current flag bearers have for the games.  A quick buck rather than a healthy product line.
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline JohnL5555

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 12:04:01 PM »
  Sort of a tretching of the facts a little, isn't it.

Thanks,

John

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 12:26:45 PM »
How do you mean?   There is a Mutant Chronicles movie in the works, and it only adds to the stew so to speak.  Care to elaborate?

Editing: It's curious to see blacktreedesign.com --- how they still sell the LOTR figs under different names.  Curious that.
Cheers.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 12:57:34 PM by joshuaslater »
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline The One King

• Do you know what the SOK's got cook'n?
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 05:38:38 PM »
The more I think about this Paradox is looking for a larger company to push product after the movie. I fear that Thom and EE is a victim of bad timing with regards to renewing the licence for WZ. There still may be a chance for Chronopia though.

I agree with Semai99, I hope that quality is not sacraficed for quantity.   >:( :(
It's clobberin time!

Offline OLD Dwarf

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2006, 06:19:05 PM »
This is SAD,we waited so long from Targets crash & burn to get these games back
up and through all those painful excuses & delays.

EE obviously put blood & sweat into this but for whatever reasons couldn't get
it together .Maybe a stronger company can make this work but my heart goes
out to Thom & EE sometimes the best efforts just come up short.

In any case we're still playing our hybrid 1st & 2nd ed.games

OD
Baruk Khazad!
Khazad aimenu!

Offline JohnL5555

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2006, 11:26:10 PM »
  What I mean is that EE did inherit baggage from Target. However, they certainly added to that load on their own. The total lack of new sculpts, ongoing production issues and a whole list of other things has likely been a part of Paradox's decision. The Warzone game doesn't hold much of a place in the market and no amount of love or goodwill on the part of EE can improve that without having the resources and know how to get it done. That IS what may be of concern to Paradox. I won't comment on the editing issues in the WZ rulebook. They are pretty well known. I simply mean you are tossing out feel good hyperbole that simply doesn't match the facts at hand. I love the Warzone Universe. I simply became convinced a while ago that EE wasn't going to take WZ back to where it should be in the marketplace. It may be resources, bad luck, personal issues or a host of other things. It simply didn't happen and looked unlikely ever to. That's my point.

YMMV.

I do wish Thom the best for his health issues. I recently had my Father and Grandmother pass away in a 4 month period. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Thanks,

John

I totally agree and I wonder if the problem they are having is anything to do with the movie being made, pretty much like the LOTR movie when the franchise for the figures was given to GW and taken from Black Tree (I think), lets hope that this is not the reason for this delay.

As its a bad day when a good company suffers for putting out a good product and won't get the benefit from all the hard work to get the systems up and running again, against all the odds as well with all the bad feeling against the Target closure which rubbed off on these products even though they are both great settings and now both rulesets are well re-written and fun to play. This might all change because one company thinks they can make a few more bucks rather than the Continueing health and passion that the current flag bearers have for the games.  A quick buck rather than a healthy product line.