Author Topic: License Info  (Read 73340 times)

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
License Info
« on: February 16, 2006, 11:19:32 AM »
Contacted Paradox to confirm my info (apparently a couple other people have also) and Chronopia is currently unlicensed.  Negotiations will begin between Paradox and interested parties beginning on February 27.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Re: License Info
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »
Paradox has decided not to renew the license.

Thom is unable to comment due to issues of a personal nature. I have received information that he has pledged to keep these forums running here until they can find a new home.

If the forum has to move it will be announced here as well as on other miniatures related sites.

/Andreas
Forum Moderator

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 12:05:27 PM »
Andreas, do you mean renew to EE, or renew at all?
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 12:11:17 PM »
unfortunatly, they've declined to renew the liscense with EE at the time and they have potentially found a new product marketeer. 

at the moment, we're still runnin on limited information.  please be patient we'll share with you as we can.

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 12:22:35 PM »
This is what I got from Paradox:

There is presently no licensee for Chronopia, although we are in discussions with a couple of interested companies. If your company is interested, please send your ideas as to what you would like to do with the license to our Licensing Manager Leigh Stone, leigh.stone@paradox-entertainment.com. She is out of the office and unable to reply until the week starting Feb 27.

Regards,

Joakim Zetterberg
Communications/Investor Relations

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 12:36:48 PM »
It seems there are two discussions going on this same topic, maybe we can get a mod to close one of them so we're all on the same page or maybe we can all agree to just post in one or the other?

I'm unclear, I know that both the Chronopia and Warzone properties are produced under license from Paradox, and I've heard rumors that both licences were set to expire this month.  The replies from paradox posted here by bot Matt and Josh indicate that the decision has been made not to renew Excelsiors license to produce Chronopia, has there been any official comment from either Paradox or Excelsior on the Warzone license?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 12:43:04 PM by Gallagher_Standard_Barer »

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 12:48:31 PM »
It seems there are two discussions going on this same topic, maybe we can get a mod to close one of them so we're all on the same page or maybe we can all agree to just post in one or the other?

This is a very good idea.  I second this notion. 

As far as info goes GSB, you know about as much as any of us.  I'm sure that as info becomes known it will be made available.  Nothing good can come from keeping such secrets.  We are all fans of the games and we are all waiting on the edge of our seats.  Let's just remain positive and hope for the best.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 01:07:51 PM »
Sorry I didn't ask about Warzone.  I agree, we really should pool all this into one thread; by the time we do, hopefully there'll be some announcement anyway. 

I'm more on the edge of my seat about Thom's health.  I'm hoping whatever he's fightin' gets licked.  The license is the least of our worries.  This community will survive; we've been keeping these games alive, and we're going to maintain discipline in the face of confusion. 

The gamers on this forum, both Chronopia and Warzone are definitely a breed apart, with an esprit de corps unmatched.  -- And that's powerful stuff. 
Cheers.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 01:18:21 PM »
Ask and ye shall receive. The other thread has been closed.

I'm unclear, I know that both the Chronopia and Warzone properties are produced under license from Paradox, and I've heard rumors that both licences were set to expire this month.  The replies from paradox posted here by bot Matt and Josh indicate that the decision has been made not to renew Excelsiors license to produce Chronopia, has there been any official comment from either Paradox or Excelsior on the Warzone license?
I and I guess several other people have sent questions to Paradox about that. As soon as we have an answer it will be posted here.

There is no need for even more people to bug Paradox so let's wait a bit, alright?

/Andreas

Offline Coki

• Chronopia World
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006, 01:57:55 PM »
hmm not good, but i didnt surprise :(

I hope, Thom presented the rules for the new units and his special rules from the cerulean mists (por example Brazier rules/Charnel Golem stats)

Coki
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 02:00:38 PM by Coki »

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 02:07:16 PM »
The licenses expired at the end of 2005.    
Unfortunately EE did not see fit to tell anyone and continued accepting new greens from myself and at least two others since then, not paying any of us.  That's always fun.  
Chronopia is not a major license for Paradox.  It's not even listed on their site (MC is).  I don't think they'd bother to make an announcement. They probably would if MC got picked up though.

Cazo

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 03:15:29 PM »
I don't want to any cost defend Thom, but I think he had many problems and a serious justify for this. He has three my miniature (Ascended, Thorn of Lotus and Lotus guard), I cannot understand why he don't cast. Like Gubs, I don't see any money, but after this, sorry for all his problems

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2006, 03:46:46 PM »
Well as this licensing issue is news to both of you it is also news to Excelsior.  Though Excelsior likely new the license was to be re-evaluated they had to act under the assumption that it would be renewed, to do otherwise would compromise their ongoing business.  If they instructed sculpters to stop in preparation for the license review and then recieved a renewed license they would have no new products currently in development, which would further impact their ability to operate.

Gubs and Cazo, I don't know the particulars of your agreements to sculpt for EE, so can't comment on the specifics but if you haven't recieved compensation I would imagine you still have rights to your creation, in which case you could try to find another buyer for the sculpt.  However without knowing the specifics of your agreements I can't say this for certain.

This is news to everyone and the best thing we can all do is wait for more information to come through official channels, and hope for the best for EE and both the Warzone and Chronopia properties.

Cazo

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »
Agreements? I  haven't any agreement in my hand, only Thom words and his integrity. My sculpt was send about a year ago. I don't understand why it isn't cast, if don't like it he can symple send back.
 In any case, I think it is very diffucult now for Excelsior. As write Gubs, Paradox don't want renew license.

Offline The One King

• Do you know what the SOK's got cook'n?
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2006, 05:39:02 PM »
Hello Everyone.

I found out about this thread around five o'clock. Sorry that I couldn't respond until now.

First, best of luck overcoming your ailment Thom. Knowing what you're going through helps answer some questions and eases some frustrations that I have had about EE and the status of my most recent order. I don't know all of the details, however; I know enough.  I hope things get better for you soon. Regardless, my prayers are with you. May God Bless You and Keep You.

Second. As I have a business background, I may have some insight as to the status of the sculpts that seems to be creating and driving this thread. I also, many years ago, submitted a literary work, for publication and through that process learn about an artist status as it pertains to a work and ownership there of. What it comes down to is this, if the work was submitted by an employee of a company, the work is owned by the company. If the work was submitted by a free lance artist, then ownership is retained by the artist until which time the artist agrees to sell it and receives compensation. Judging by the posts from the sculptors, it appears that the work is of a free lance nature. Hope this helps.

Third, rather than debating this issue, in light of the present situation, let's rally around Thom and see if we can help him get through his sufferings. There will be a better time to work out licensing and sculpting issues.

In spite of this recent crisis, I still hope to see everyone in Columbus.

See Ya'll Later.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 05:45:14 PM by The One King »
It's clobberin time!