Author Topic: Suggestion for Imperial in Warzone Resurrection (Heavy Weapon)  (Read 6265 times)

Offline micmellon

Suggestion for Imperial in Warzone Resurrection (Heavy Weapon)
« on: February 18, 2013, 05:20:42 AM »
More suggestions...
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Lopis

Re: Suggestion for Imperial in Warzone Resurrection (Heavy Weapon)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 10:56:10 AM »
Aaaargh, always I produce a stalemate....
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline micmellon

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 11:03:07 AM »
I don't mind if somebody tells us why he made which decision but we can keep it a secret voting, too.  ;)

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 09:04:20 PM »
I'd love a new Ram Air sculpt.   The old one...was not one of the best of the WZ line.   

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 09:34:02 PM »
Hmm, the more I think about it, the more I like Rams.  It is quintessentially Mutant Chronicles, it is a bit wacky and it would give them a unique flavour out of the starter.  It would also help if Capitol got a shark of some description.  Give a bit variety and speed to some of the lists.

Offline Jase

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 12:46:39 AM »
I voted a RAMs, but I would also like to see Trencher mortar batteries or bazookas
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline micmellon

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 12:48:40 PM »
No question about this poll.

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 07:04:20 PM »
In all these polls, it seems people want to see revamps of old figs, whereas I'm more excited to see models of figs that were never done. Like the bulldog.  Just my 2 cents.

Offline Jase

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 07:44:58 PM »
What's a Bulldog? I don't recall this unit from the rpg either. Is there a pic somewhere?
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline micmellon

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 10:44:34 PM »
The Bulldog appears in the 2nd Edition fan made magazine:

In the "Fictional Reality" magazine they had a Bulldog battle suit for Imperial in the 2nd edition. id like to hear more about that..??
It was some fan made unit??.

I don't know if this is a legal source but it is the only one I know about:

http://www.mutantpedia.com/eng/Warzone.html

At the bottom you find the "Fictional Reality" magazines.
Issue 0 and 1 have Imperial inside.

Offline Lancelot

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 03:18:18 PM »
Not really sure what you mean by the Heavy Weapons part. All i would say is  Rams Air Cav needs a redo. Never really liked that sculpt.

My bro painted his up with a packet of Ex-Lax in the pocket and it didn't look out of place. ;D

Next  redo  the Necormower. The currant one is at least easy to look at but still it was one of those models rushed out the door. Neither actually look anything cool like the pics they were based on. (how exactly does the Necromower driver steer the darn thing?")

The Bulldog? Meh i can wait.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 12:35:02 AM by Lancelot »

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 09:31:11 AM »
Not really sure what you mean by the Heavy Weapons part.

Just going on the basic structure of the new starters.  They seem to include a couple of small 5-man units of basic infantry (Undead Legionnaires, Chasseur, Troopers, Hussar, etc.), a character (sometimes named, sometimes generic) and some kind of heavy unit (usually a battle-suit or a big monster, like a Razide).  There is a little room for play in here (Cyber's character is actually larger than their "heavy" for example) but it seems like a good method for predicting/wishlisting.

Speaking of Imperial walkers, I'm interested to see how they remake the Hurricane and whether they keep it as a goofy airplane ****pit on legs (complete with stubby t-rex wings) or if they attempt to make it look a little more non-silly.  The cover art for Casualties of War makes it at least a little tricky to do a 100% remake, because it actually doesn't look horrible in that picture (and the rest of the piece is quite good as well).  But it just never seems to look as good as a mini as it ever does in the art.  It may just need a minor tweak though (like changing the mini-wings in to proper weapon housings).

Offline Jase

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 02:32:05 PM »
It would be great if Prodos gave separate weapon configuration options for the Hurricane.