Author Topic: My Mezaghoul arrived!  (Read 11118 times)

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
My Mezaghoul arrived!
« on: May 16, 2007, 02:07:58 AM »
My Mezaghoul arrived,

all thanks go to Veez!

Based upon the fluff i propose this rules:

The Mezaghoul is the ultimate construct of war.
A necromagus and an algeroth nepharite enhance a off-the-shelf Ezoghul to something far stronger.
Within a carnal pit, along with some corpses, he is created.

You can field 1 Mezaghoul / 1000 P
For each Mezaghoul you field you can field 1-3 Ezoghoules (limit: 1/500 P) as elite choise

CC 13  RC 11 PW 15 LD 15 AC 3 WD 9 ST 8 MV 5 AR 24 SZ 7

Armed with a double-autocannon and coaxial long-barrled Light MG as well as giant sword

Shoot: may shoot 2 times as for secondary attack rules.
AC: PB-1*2 SR+3*3 MR+2*2 LR+0*1 DAM 14
BL-LMG PB+3*3 SR+2*3 MR+2*2 LR+1*1 DAM 10

CC: secondary attack
giant sword & long arm: CC+2 ST+10, residual against mortals, AV-4, sweep, range 3ī total

necrobiotic, no psychology, no MP, Dire 5, enhanced charge 1, thunderous roar

PC 200

no doubt will this appear strong, but if you see the model, you would belive me.

this guy is the cream of the top of dark technology. algeroth can be proud of this baby!

« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 03:42:33 AM by Aldrien »
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Iron Panda

Re: My Mezaghoul arrived!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 04:23:38 AM »
Cool model!

Is this an old sculpt? I don't remember if this was based from the UWZ rulebook.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 06:29:23 AM »
It's a larger verison limited edition of the plastic one from the Siege of the Citadel board game.
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 01:39:45 PM »
I think that the Mezaghoul was a creation of the 1st ed. rules, in which characters were kings in the game....

the thing I like about it is that it is to scale for an Ezoghoul to a regular fig...now imagine a model 3x larger than this and then you'd have a to-scale Mezaghoul....

either way...I love the model, but won't go out of my way to get one or to paint one...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Jase

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 02:32:28 PM »
It's a larger verison limited edition of the plastic one from the Siege of the Citadel board game.

So that's why it looked familiar! I'm looking at it thinking I've seen that pose before but couldn't place it.

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 05:03:12 PM »
The Mezaghoul was released as a Gencon Special in 2002.  It was designed to be used with 2nd Ed Rules.  Stats are included in the box, and Aldrien has a nice photo of them.   The figure is not well molded, as you can see from the gap in the back of the lower body.  However, when fully cleaned up and painted, the model is...imposing!   

The upper torso is also designed to rotate, so you can face him right or left, as the mood strikes you.   

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Dr. Nick

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 10:41:59 PM »
The Mezaghoul was released as a Gencon Special in 2002.  It was designed to be used with 2nd Ed Rules.  Stats are included in the box, and Aldrien has a nice photo of them.
thanks for the gencon info.
the rules state A 15 -> 2.ed

The figure is not well molded, as you can see from the gap in the back of the lower body.
i partly disagree.
while overal mold-lines are high,
the gap on the back is no casting problem.
if you look inside you see small metal-spacers that resut in these.
a casting problem is the slit to place the arm-piece inside. that one is too narrow.

However, when fully cleaned up and painted, the model is...imposing!   
-> ;D

The upper torso is also designed to rotate, so you can face him right or left, as the mood strikes you.   
uh oh.. i realized the difficulty to glue that stable.. but not that this is a feature....

-> he will proxy one of the behemoth in my cildrenswarm army (-> i need one more mezaghoul!!! ;))

-> painting is uncertain, i thought about blue->white skin with chrome-armor (chromespray+washing)
"Donīt anticipate outcome. Await the unfolding of events. Remain in the moment."

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 08:07:04 PM »
either way...I love the model, but won't go out of my way to get one or to paint one...

B...

You don't need to go out of your way to paint one.  If you really want to work with one I think that I can arrange it.  ::)
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline Sylvas

• Midwest Crusader
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 01:31:05 PM »
You don't need to go out of your way to paint one.  If you really want to work with one I think that I can arrange it.  ::)

oh really...gee...

no thanks...It would just be a centerpiece...

B...
eBay name: sylvas1970

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 05:05:37 PM »
Did you get this painted up? I'd love to see some peoples take on how to do this. I've been ACHING to paint mine, but I want to have a very good idea of the color scheme first.

So - show us your Mezaghouls! (Sorry oif that sounded too forward....I'll still respect you in the morning. Honest.)

;)
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 05:09:36 PM »
I was planning on doing up a plastic Ezoghoul, and a metal one (I like the look of the plastic Ezoghoul better than the metal one).

I was planning on the using UWZ's vague description.

I'll do a WIP on them in Painting and Terrain.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Stalker

• FAQ Team
  • Mid-west Crusader / FAQ team member
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 05:15:10 PM »
Sorry Alpha, never got it painted.
If you shoot for the moon and miss, you are still among the stars.

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 06:44:26 PM »
Nice looking - but a little too 40k for me, I think.  A good showpiece more than play piece, IMNSHO.

Offline nicklas_danielsson

• Journeyman
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 07:54:28 PM »
My Mezaghoul arrived,

all thanks go to Veez!

Based upon the fluff i propose this rules:

The Mezaghoul is the ultimate construct of war.
A necromagus and an algeroth nepharite enhance a off-the-shelf Ezoghul to something far stronger.
Within a carnal pit, along with some corpses, he is created.

You can field 1 Mezaghoul / 1000 P
For each Mezaghoul you field you can field 1-3 Ezoghoules (limit: 1/500 P) as elite choise

CC 13  RC 11 PW 15 LD 15 AC 3 WD 9 ST 8 MV 5 AR 24 SZ 7

Armed with a double-autocannon and coaxial long-barrled Light MG as well as giant sword

Shoot: may shoot 2 times as for secondary attack rules.
AC: PB-1*2 SR+3*3 MR+2*2 LR+0*1 DAM 14
BL-LMG PB+3*3 SR+2*3 MR+2*2 LR+1*1 DAM 10

CC: secondary attack
giant sword & long arm: CC+2 ST+10, residual against mortals, AV-4, sweep, range 3ī total

necrobiotic, no psychology, no MP, Dire 5, enhanced charge 1, thunderous roar

PC 200

no doubt will this appear strong, but if you see the model, you would belive me.

this guy is the cream of the top of dark technology. algeroth can be proud of this baby!

id like to gett hold of one of Theas

Offline Lancelot

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 09:04:37 AM »
Ill have to see if i can dig pic up on mine.

Ah yes The MegaZhoul. To paraphrase Douglas Adams - This is not a miniature for putting on the mantel to impress the neighbors. This is a miniature for going out and making other miniature armies miserable with. ;D