Author Topic: Modular Chronopia Models  (Read 4659 times)

Offline Glenn M

Modular Chronopia Models
« on: February 17, 2013, 08:23:55 AM »
I always thought if one were to redo Chronopia it would be best to cast them up in such a way that you can build the figures off a sprue and pose them how you want.  Since I am sitting on a rather large surplus of elves, I am thinking I may try and make some resin ones (resin is easier to cut and work on than the pewter)  My plan is to cast off one of each spearmen, swordsmen, axemen, militia and archer.  So 10 total figures, then cut the crap out of them to see if I can get down to a few good heads, torsos, leg sets and arms.  I'll probably have the arms end at the wrists so that gloved hands or armored hands can fit against them.  I am curious has anyone else ever tried this, if so how well did it work?  It may be a bit before I can make any headway though as I need to buy more molding compound and am researching new kinds (the stuff I have previously been using has proven too hard and tears too quickly) before I order as I intend to order a decent amount of bulk as I am also sculpting some terrain that I want to cast off; some giant mushrooms, water cave pillars, that sort of thing.

At a glance I feel like the Spearmen standard will give me a nice upper torso for spearmen and swordsmen, and a good lower torso for spearmen.  The overhead spear should also provide a nice alternate lower torso.  The overhand axemen should provide me with good upper and lower torsos.  The lower torso can be used for Swordsmen as well.  Not sure the swordsmen sculpts will get me anything of use (save the obvious sword hand)

If a moderator has issues with this, just delete it and let me know.  I didn't think it would make much difference at this point in Chronopia's life. 

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Modular Chronopia Models
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 09:48:23 AM »
What you do for your own gaming is just that.  If you sold recast and reposed models, you'd run into trouble.  My guess is that if Chronopia comes back, it will resemble the Prodos treatment of Warzone.  Plastics are the future.  I'm content to stay with my metal models, but the game would have to change.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 10:23:39 AM »
I didn't think it would be a problem, especially given that it is blatantly obvious that I own the originals. 

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 10:46:22 AM »
Go for it and post us some pics of your efforts
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Cirith

• StygianBeach
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 04:28:30 AM »
Go for it and post us some pics of your efforts

I would be keen to see a pic as well.
People willing to trade their freedom for security deserve neither and will lose both.

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 05:00:38 AM »
Project gonna be a bit delayed as I am waiting for some free cash to buy my molding material and figure out what kind of rubber to use.