Author Topic: Between Books In Delaware Closing  (Read 8634 times)

Offline Lancelot

• Administrator
Between Books In Delaware Closing
« on: February 22, 2013, 02:35:43 PM »
 Hey guys, This was just posted on Facebook about Between Books:

I have written and rewritten this a million times in my head over the last few days. Words fail me

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce Between Books Going Out of Business sale will begin Saturday February 23rd. We have lost our lease. More Information soon. Please spread the word. - Greg
 :'(

Greg has always been longtime supporter of Excelsior and i know a lot of you know about what a great place Between books was/is and how knowledgeable Greg is about any books authors writers, etc and his support for such.
Though it seems we cant save BB i urge anyone who has gone to BB and knows the store and Greg to head there and help make the load lighter for him.

Thanks
 Lancelot

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Between Books In Delaware Closing
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 05:57:21 PM »
This is devastating.  He always supported us.  I feel conflicted about cashing in on his closing, like a vulture picking the bones.  I'll have to drop him a line.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Lancelot

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 07:09:46 PM »
I hear ya josh. Im feeling the same way, but Im hoping its just a reduction and hes moving somewhere else. If it is the end, the last thing Gregs going to need is tons of stuff. Cash is what hes gonna need. Ill know more tomorrow.

Offline Jase

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 11:42:34 PM »
Sucks when a good bookshop closes. My frequent haunt in Parramatta closed at the end of last year. It was tucked away in a run down arcade, but as well as books it catered for "boys toys"- you know pocket knives, scorpions in jars, office novelty toys that sort of thing. Owner felt it was time to do something different for a while.
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Lancelot

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 09:29:44 PM »
Ok guys! went to BB today to check things out. BB is going to be around for a month maybe a little over that.  Greg is thinking about taking a 3 month MUCH needed break then possibly reopen somewhere else, so this is may NOT be  the end but a new chapter. In order to have that happen though,  he needs a lot of stuff to find homes (and of course cash). The less he has to pack and store the better.(and lets face it Greg has got a LOT of stuff). He'll probably also need folks to help pack and such when time comes.
This means one doesn't have to feel like a vulture picking on bones so to speak but rather clearing away weight so that it can fly.
So time to rally the troops guys. those of you who know Greg time to help out. If you have been thinking about that game or book or mini you wanted or needed, nows the time!
See ya there!

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 09:29:45 AM »
That is better news. He has always been there for us. Awesome guy.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.