Author Topic: New Warzone (merged thread)  (Read 339034 times)

Offline Horned God

Re: New Warzone (merged thread)
« Reply #825 on: May 11, 2013, 03:18:10 PM »
I would like to see the point system included with the beta. I see the stats for Necromutants and they have a stat line and a cost of 20 points. Ok, so how was that determined? I assume there is a base line (minimum numbers you get for 0 points) and then a way to calculate up so that what the necromutant is costed at is 20 points. I assume that includes buying his weapon (s), any range that weapon has, and any 'special abilities'. I further assume since warzone allows base CC weapons to use ST, that when you pay for ST your already buying your base close combat damage via a weapon like a sword, and thus then only pay for the bonus damage a weapon adds to it.

Can someone from prodos post an example of a model, say the necromutant or some other basic model and a break down of the cost.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 03:20:47 PM by Horned God »

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #826 on: May 14, 2013, 07:33:54 AM »
Unfortunately the Points Calculation System is an asset of Prodos Games and I am sure they wouldn't want to post it publically.

I am afraid you will just have to wait and see!  ;)

Offline Grinder

• In war, truth is the first casualty.
« Reply #827 on: May 15, 2013, 12:28:00 AM »

Nice close upp pictures of the Beast

http://cghub.com/images/view/522457/

Offline semai99

« Reply #828 on: May 15, 2013, 03:15:29 AM »
I like the look of those renders looking forward to seeing the finished minis
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #829 on: May 15, 2013, 06:26:32 PM »
Looks like the pledge calculator is out of beta and dropping for the general public.  Just finalized my order.  Now I can rest easy and start thinking about where I will get the time to paint all of it!

Offline Horned God

« Reply #830 on: May 18, 2013, 05:44:29 PM »
Why little to no mention of UWZ in the beta rules discussion for Prodos new rules. I see lots of mention of 1e or 2e warzone, but little for UWZ.

Why do you think that is? If you find it on their forum, point it out to me. I would like to read it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 06:10:26 PM by Horned God »

Offline rob_alderman

• PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #831 on: May 18, 2013, 11:44:55 PM »
I think that's because it's a less common publication. I don't think that many copies made a journey across the pond. :(

It's unfortunate, because I do look at it pretty regularly for inspiration. It's an awful lot of work in one big ol' tome of a book.  :)

Offline Horned God

« Reply #832 on: May 19, 2013, 03:10:57 PM »
I assume the guys at prodos own a copy and seriously consider it. I invite them to view on this forum discussion about specific rules regarding UWZ. For example, how was it done in UWZ for a specific rule, like pinning or para-deploy and then how did the 'fans' and players react. Read their posts and see. Because there lies a lot of playtesting wisdom.

The UWZ thus should get an equal share of voice at the playtesters discussion table as people coming at Prodos from 1e warzone memories and liking certain things that were changed in 2e and perhaps that were addressed in UWZ allowing that same person to feel satisified with how it was.

Perhaps some of you guys on the forum can lend your voice to the Prodos boards, especially guys like Topkick who has experience with UWZ. Lots of you do, probably more than me, though I too own a copy and have played it.

Do you like how UWZ handled cover? how about other aspects of the game. If you have a comment either negative or positive post it here. That way someone might not have to dig through all the comments. If something you thought in UWZ sounded good but after trying it out over time  you found you wish Exclesior had tried otherwise, now might be a good time to voice your opinion. Same goes for good decisions in the rules.

Keep the army lists decisions separate from rules. Sure you can make them but realize the new warzone will be its own beast and they are not taking the direction like including as many or all produced warzone minis. If you want that approach, then find a copy of UWZ as it really is the best game for you.

Offline rob_alderman

• PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #833 on: May 20, 2013, 05:51:54 AM »
Mark actually paid upwards of 80 quid getting a copy over here.

That is a quarter of my monthly pay packet, so I cannot possibly afford it at that price.

It's the same as anything, if people feel strongly about something, feedback is great. However, it's too late in the game now to change the mechanics or presentation of the system.

Offline Prodos

« Reply #834 on: May 29, 2013, 03:00:40 AM »
Rob's right I do have the UWZ book, at great cost, but it is a great source material so I am happy to have blown over $120 to get it. All the old versions of WZ and the RPG have been sources of inspiration for us at Prodos, as have the fans on here, (so of which have authorship rights in WZR) the WZR forum, FB and Dakkadakka. I have to say we have been very lucky to have such a collective mind of inspiration behind us. That said we aren't making WZ1st or 2nd or UWZ part 2 instead WZR.

And WZR will pay homage to what has gone before, but not be solely driven by it. all new models, all new rules, all newly written fluff, new art work (to complement what is available or obtainable of old). All set in the MC world that we have all loved for the last 20 odd years.

Offline rob_alderman

• PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #835 on: May 29, 2013, 07:40:21 AM »
I'll drink to that! :D

Offline Lancelot

• Administrator
« Reply #836 on: June 03, 2013, 02:07:54 PM »
"Rob's right I do have the UWZ book, at great cost, but it is a great source material so I am happy to have blown over $120 to get it"

Next time try asking round these parts first guys. Chances are someone will have what you are looking for for cheaper than out in the world.
 I myself try to give folks on forum price breaks and first cracks on stuff i sell off.  Cheers!

Offline rob_alderman

• PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #837 on: June 03, 2013, 03:11:47 PM »
We've done that! :P

Offline Lancelot

• Administrator
« Reply #838 on: June 03, 2013, 07:07:01 PM »

Offline rob_alderman

• PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #839 on: June 09, 2013, 12:00:24 PM »
It's biotech mate, it's not anatomical at all. It's a flipping alien!  ::)

Anyway!