Author Topic: New Warzone (merged thread)  (Read 341039 times)

Offline Oakwolf

Re: New Warzone (merged thread)
« Reply #675 on: March 26, 2013, 07:49:57 AM »
The new dark legion super-heavy is clearly based on the spider (please bear with me, i am captain obvious :D).

For an alien invading force, it currently looks a bit too close to the earth based creature...however, the paranoid fear that humans have of the spider is something Muawhije can certainly exploit. We already know that arachnids are found outside the solar system (Golgotha's little lover) As well, the physical properties of the spider is also something the Dark Legion could find inspiring and bring onward (because it will attempt to conquer other systems), just like Ilian did with Templars.

It needs more necro-tech details and biomechanical stuff. A blend of living and unliving material, like the Ezoghoul, would help it alot. Decayed stuff, muscles...tendons, disgusting tubings, etc.  

The new engine (or creature) would compete with Praetorian Behemoths, Mercurian Maculators and Bio Giants, and to an extent to Zenithian Slaughtermasters. So there are a -lot- of huge units for the Dark Legion already. It is, after all, the faction with the most unit types. In some way, i would have expected to see more of the well-known units rather than straight up new stuff, in order to safely secure the established fanbase.

Lastly, with the small numbers of miniatures available at release, are the Super-heavy  unit class going to be balanced?  8 troopers + cardinal Domnic vs 8 Legionnaires + Alakhai makes for a very short game dominated by the powerful characters (at least, it should given their stories). In the same way, i expect such spider to decimate normal troops easily. This basically asks: how many models should we see in a typical game?

Still, it is an interesting idea and with more "dark legion" details, it could perhaps be pulled off.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:52:01 AM by Oakwolf »

Offline micmellon

« Reply #676 on: March 26, 2013, 10:59:03 AM »
This is not a new unit. The Black Widow was released during the days of the 1st edition.

The new version looks much better!
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Oakwolf

« Reply #677 on: March 26, 2013, 12:11:32 PM »
? I have all my books here, including mutant chronicles rpg and illustrated novels...I can't find anything about the black widow. Was it introduced in a magazine?

Offline micmellon

« Reply #678 on: March 26, 2013, 12:33:18 PM »
Just google for Black Widow Forgeworld Warzone....

The model was released like the Grizzly, the Copra, and the Jackal.

Armorcast offered some small Bauhaus vehicle and the DL Reaver.

The rules were inside the box.

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #679 on: March 26, 2013, 01:20:14 PM »
It also had a card in the DoomTrooper Card Game.  :)

Offline Oakwolf

« Reply #680 on: March 26, 2013, 01:22:55 PM »
Gees thanks guys, totally skipped the Armorcast parts. Glad I can still learn about this universe  :D

In any case, I was not offended at all by the concept, as I stated in my post. I'd just like to see more necrotech on it.

Offline micmellon

« Reply #681 on: March 27, 2013, 07:09:46 AM »
Which Cybertronic unit will be released as 5th of 5 for 90K?

I would like to see the Scorpion!

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #682 on: March 27, 2013, 09:16:34 AM »
Way too many different Cybertronic units that I would love to see for me to make a choice.  And it could also be something brand new as well, which I might also dig.  But part of me is hoping I wont like it, because so far every new unit revealed for Bauhaus and Cybertronic have been added to my "must have" list.  I don't know if my wallet can handle any more!

Offline Jase

« Reply #683 on: March 27, 2013, 10:46:17 AM »
I'd like to see Prodos' version of the TA-6500 (that's what it was?). The original model is a bit clunky (so was its artwork), but there's a certain charm in an automated reconnaissance drone
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline micmellon

« Reply #684 on: March 27, 2013, 11:03:03 AM »
I'd like to see Prodos' version of the TA-6500 (that's what it was?). The original model is a bit clunky (so was its artwork), but there's a certain charm in an automated reconnaissance drone

The idea has potential to get a cool model but I disliked the old concept, art work and model.

Offline rob_alderman

• PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #685 on: March 27, 2013, 12:45:27 PM »
Here's the new rules! Version 1.2!

http://warzonegame.com/info/rules.html

Offline Grinder

• In war, truth is the first casualty.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 01:19:07 PM by Grinder »

Offline Horned God

« Reply #687 on: March 27, 2013, 06:17:09 PM »
This one of the more crappy things about Warzone, VOR, VOID, Chronopia and the rest of those games of the 90's and early 2000's.

Very little You Tube videos and presence. Had these games come out later, like Infinity we would have seen more. I'd love to see some battle reports for Chronopia, UWZ, VOID, VOR, and the rest of those games. It is a shame that resource didn't really exist much, or at least in the YouTube type that it does today. It seems there is not a shortage of 40k presence on YouTube.

If you guys have any older sets of miniatures, consider a battle report. I don't care which game, ie not 40k but any others are fine.

I betcha if this new warzone has even 2 to 5 years of life before becoming a 'dead' game (that is still alive, but not produced, much like all those other games I just mentioned) and still perfectly viable and playable. We'll see a legacy of videos especially on YouTube.

So make some videos guys.

P.S. if it lasts the test of time and we see Prodos making this game 10 years from now. They need to do a 10 year anniversary game, and do something special.

if you guys at Prodos really want to increase your chances, make Origins and Gen Con a priority. Conventions like that do matter. I know your in England, and I think there is a Gen Con in Europe correct? If that is the one you do, then make your presence known. Support play at the convention, and if possible perhaps you can do a program so that those in the US who want to be crusaders (like the old Target Crusaders) can help make your game have a presence at the US Origins and Gen Con. If you have a booth, or partner with a good company to showcase your products, but unless you seriously have a presence at such a con, your game will remain obscure, and stores are less likely to invest in the warzone bandwagon again.

Perhaps you can make many official You Tube videos, via a channel. You can also gain mucho kudos if you partner with FFG (fantasy flight) and make at least one Warzone boardgame. They are a top-notch boardgame company. there are different types of board games, so pick the right kind. A good game would involve each player as a corporation faction and playing a larger scale political, financial, war game with laws, and other intrigue. Another more indepth game, like where we revolve around a single battlefield or even close up like those doomtrooper games. I'd buy a game like that, but so would many others who don't really know Warzone, and buying the boardgame will truly draw them into the world. That presence in the gaming market can help a game like Warzone Resurrection.

Offline Jase

« Reply #688 on: March 27, 2013, 10:41:23 PM »
To be fair there are a couple of Warzone vids on Youtube, detailing conversions of the plastic minis. Need some Chronopia vids though
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline rob_alderman

• PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #689 on: March 28, 2013, 12:42:16 AM »
Horned God, there will be a lot more videos on Youtube.

It's become a very large part of wargaming now.  :)

As for shows, give them a chance! They need to get some money behind them first. Going to America is a huge undertaking! As for Europe, the biggest wargames show is Salute, much higher footfall of people willing to spend money on wargames than any other event in Europe. Following that, I would say the Games EXPO in Birmingham. Euro Gencon actually stopped existing in 2008.

As for FFG, I'm not sure Paradox would let them, given what FFG did last time. I'd prefer to see what Prodos Games could do (if anything), but atm, I'd imagine their focus is on getting WZR out!