Author Topic: New Warzone (merged thread)  (Read 339136 times)

Offline Oakwolf

Re: New Warzone (merged thread)
« Reply #555 on: March 14, 2013, 05:53:53 PM »
  ???

they need to fix that mask. Easy with max steiner's art.

Offline Prodos

« Reply #556 on: March 15, 2013, 01:29:38 AM »
Mask design is being looked at! Thanks for the feedback

Offline semai99

« Reply #557 on: March 15, 2013, 04:38:55 AM »
I agree the Masks do look nice but a bit Cybertronic at the moment, but that latest picture of the two cloaks and shoulder pads is excellent especially as we are getting mult-ipart kits makes them very pose able looking forward to the next pictures.
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline MCmutant

• Journeyman
« Reply #558 on: March 15, 2013, 04:45:14 AM »
The original skullmask i still upp to date imo and don't really need a change, so pls don't change it :) the new one looks to much necron from wh40k

The cloak options is really cool both the sleak one and the furry one and I guess you will add a hood as an option also? With this options you can really make different themes on your miniatures, winter (furry cloak), low harsh environment (sleak cloak option) or bad ass option (without cloaks) xD

Offline semai99

« Reply #559 on: March 15, 2013, 04:54:44 AM »
The original skullmask i still upp to date imo and don't really need a change, so pls don't change it :) the new one looks to much necron from wh40k

Now you come to mention it they do a bit but so do most grinning metal robots ;D

The cloak options is really cool both the sleak one and the furry one and I guess you will add a hood as an option also? With this options you can really make different themes on your miniatures, winter (furry cloak), low harsh environment (sleak cloak option) or bad ass option (without cloaks) xD

Exactly the old sculpts were just the same (limited poses) and now each person can choose the look they want for their rangers depending on which world they are basing there armies on ie if your Bauhaus mainly fight on Mars you dont want the fur cloak but the smooth cloak with camo painted on..  ;D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 05:50:09 AM by semai99 »
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #560 on: March 15, 2013, 05:32:01 AM »
Having two different cloak options is awesome.

Offline Oakwolf

« Reply #561 on: March 15, 2013, 09:08:34 AM »
I agree, with the mask fix, they'll bring it closer to the original art and it'll be cool as hell.

Imho, the only faction that looks off target, for now, is cybertronic. It has too much gothic or grimdark elements.

Chasseurs: they seem ok, though i do hope that the AR3000 rifle will get the appearance it had in its original artwork.

Enhanced (Armored) Chasseurs: These guys show too much tubes and pipes, and not enough "human face". Give it armor plates to cover the internals, at least. Cybertronic would cover such weaknesses. Keep in mind that alot of necrotech shows exactly this kind of "extra tubes". This would perhaps fit for Reavers (units that are designed to secretly fight megacorporation and the brotherhood's light)

Cuirassiers: Too thin to represent attila III units. Those things are supposed to be massive and lift heavy weaponry, so they need hydrolic arms and suitable armor to believe their resilience.

Machinators: These guys are ok, although they look more massive than the attila 3 at the moment, which is a bit wrong.

Everasseur: It looks too cumbersome for cybertronic, and generally has the "dark machine" kind of feel, exactly like the enhanced/armored chasseur, perhaps due to the studs on the armor and tubing.

Immortal: this guy could be metroid? It has too much boobs anyway. There are alot of "wrist-weapons" so far in the new desings.

Eradicator Deathdroid: Spot on, this is the best cybertronic design so far.

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #562 on: March 15, 2013, 10:05:25 AM »

Offline Oakwolf

« Reply #563 on: March 15, 2013, 12:12:41 PM »
A lot of skill in painting this miniature, that's for sure, so cheers to that.

That being said, i can't help thinking that the illustration shows what i meant by "too much tubes and studs" and too clunky to be cybertronic. The mechanical beast doesn't feel like it's from mutant chronicles to me, but rather a sci-fi/steampunk blend.

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
« Reply #564 on: March 15, 2013, 02:02:38 PM »
Say what you want, that is an AWESOMELY painted mini!!!

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #565 on: March 15, 2013, 02:10:21 PM »
To me, that thing is like someone took Peter Bergting's style of Cybertronic and actualized it.  The weathering on the paint scheme only makes the comparison easier.  Bergting's Cyber was always a lot more tarnished and industrial and I think this fits that style to a T.  Bergting's had a wonderful, dark and twisted vibe that he added to Mutant Chronicles.  Kind of like John Blanche for 40k/Fantasy.  Not everybody's taste, but very unique.  Bergting's Cybertonic stuff was always my favourite conceptualiztion of the faction.

Offline shantaram

« Reply #566 on: March 15, 2013, 03:48:03 PM »
I need clarification on something

At one point there was this alternative model to the everasseur which now is called immortal on the ks-page. Now, is it still an alternative to the gorilla everasseur or is it a unit in its own rights? And will it be available only in the ks or always?

Honestly, i hope it is still an alternative model to the everasseur, since i plainly dont like the gorilla model. The best paint job (and this one truely is perfect) couldnt change that. I dont like that it looks like a hunchback gorilla aka pp warjack. Durandal, you may say what you will, but to me its neither cybertronic nor warzone at all. Oh and by the way, prodos, please dont make those bumps on the armour a standard for cyber.

Other than that i really love what prodos is doing and they surely will ruin me financially. Keep up the awesome work!!
Imperial - Space Pirates

Offline shantaram

« Reply #567 on: March 15, 2013, 04:13:58 PM »
oh, and i a 100% agree with oakwolf's statements above on cybertronic as a whole!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 04:16:02 PM by shantaram »
Imperial - Space Pirates

Offline brynolf

« Reply #568 on: March 15, 2013, 04:15:37 PM »
The Everasseur and Immortal will probably have different rules, but nothing's stopping you from using either as a proxy of the other.

Offline shantaram

« Reply #569 on: March 15, 2013, 04:19:36 PM »
If i do that i will still have to use the both of them ;) but if you are right, i also will have no choice.
Imperial - Space Pirates