Author Topic: New Warzone (merged thread)  (Read 341483 times)

Offline Jase

Re: New Warzone (merged thread)
« Reply #540 on: March 13, 2013, 03:11:25 AM »
It seems to me like Prodos has few motivation to realize
the original styles though they actually had appropriate skills.
Maybe they believe their variants gonna sell quite much better
simply because theyre completely new. That would though be
sad since the Mutant Chronicles kinda lives just through said
styles and not only the fiction. After all i saw i must seriously
doubt that the shown remixings can satisfy the minds of the
older players and also new interests will stay less.

If Warzone Ressurection is successful as a game and the miniatures to the standard that I am seeing in the renders, then I will happily put aside my old figures and buy as many new models as I can.
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline micmellon

« Reply #541 on: March 13, 2013, 03:39:54 AM »
I have to say. Since they redesigned Bauhaus I have no doubts about the capabilities of Prodos to satisfy the crowd of player, including old and new fans.
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #542 on: March 13, 2013, 05:53:36 AM »
I totally agree with both Jase and Micmellon.

The Brotherhood and DL are more or less unchanged stylewise(especially when they will have extra bits for the Undead). The sculpt quality is much higher (from what we have seen) than the old stuff. So this should be seen as an improvement by any sane person.

Bauhaus turned out really nice too so far. The last version of the Hussars is great and the Vulkans are good too. Cybertronic has changed a bit in style but far less than many people claim (in my opinion at least). All the Cybertronic models so far look great and for the first time I really feel like building a Cyber army. The changes in style they have done with Cybertronic are all for the better in my opinion.

Offline Oakwolf

« Reply #543 on: March 13, 2013, 11:36:28 AM »
Imho Prodos look like they're trying hard to please the crowd, and i am definitely supporting their project. MC is an awesome universe, but too many epic fails were done to it.

The sore spots so far, to my eyes, are two-fold:

a) the look and availability of weapons that are -so- iconic for the setting. I sure am happy to see the Nazgaroth back on track for the Razide, so i think it'll be fine, as long as they don't have humongous bore (that couldn't even fit ammo). 

b) Cybertronic:  they look a bit too close to necrotech to fit the bill of cybertronic. The armored chasseurs have pretty much the shape of the Golem of Darkness. Their shape and dark design make them look like they could have been produced by Tekrons.

The Immortal and Everassur do not have that feel, and reminds me more about robocop (although the guns bore is way out of proportion as far as i am concerned) than terminator. While they dont really feel like old Cybertronic, they at least don't look like dark legion troops.

At the risk of passing for a fluff addict, i'd say there was a reason why Cybertronic had the "smirk" attitude toward its weapons and soldiers. It's all about PR :). If you're a corporation that's almost on the black list of the Brotherhood, on the edge of being called heretic, you want to get your image as clean as possible, and carry a message that you're the good guy (even if you dabble with AI). You especially want to avoid any confusion in terms of public military engagement with the dark legion tech and your own, at least for official assets like cuirassiers, chasseurs and eradicators (the things that go on public TV).

What cybertronic does behind doors is another thing entirely.  So there's room for "dark" troopers in there, top secret projects and all, but it shouldn't replace the well-known and oh-so-awesome concepts. Cybertronic may want to pass for Dark Legion when they attack megacorporation assets, but they shouldn't bring the same units on the streets of Luna.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:38:47 AM by Oakwolf »

Offline Grinder

• In war, truth is the first casualty.
« Reply #544 on: March 13, 2013, 12:06:24 PM »
The new Erradicator

Offline semai99

« Reply #545 on: March 13, 2013, 12:22:25 PM »
Now that is a nice looking figure identifiable with the old death egg but nicely modernized I'll have to add one of these to my pledge now I think one of the best ones they have done so far..  ;D ;D
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline brynolf

« Reply #546 on: March 13, 2013, 01:19:06 PM »
Not bad at all! The thing I never liked about the old Eradicator was the legs. And that's basically all they changed for this version! I like

Offline Oakwolf

« Reply #547 on: March 13, 2013, 02:42:58 PM »
Oh...yes.

Right on the nail for the eradicator.

They can do it right...arg, if only they went that road for cuirassiers and chasseurs :)

The Death Egg is back

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #548 on: March 14, 2013, 12:24:18 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksceqZ9_YyY

My video on the Everasseur... :)

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
« Reply #549 on: March 14, 2013, 05:20:36 AM »
Imho Prodos look like they're trying hard to please the crowd, and i am definitely supporting their project. MC is an awesome universe, but too many epic fails were done to it.

The sore spots so far, to my eyes, are two-fold:

a) the look and availability of weapons that are -so- iconic for the setting. I sure am happy to see the Nazgaroth back on track for the Razide, so i think it'll be fine, as long as they don't have humongous bore (that couldn't even fit ammo). 

b) Cybertronic:  they look a bit too close to necrotech to fit the bill of cybertronic. The armored chasseurs have pretty much the shape of the Golem of Darkness. Their shape and dark design make them look like they could have been produced by Tekrons.

The Immortal and Everassur do not have that feel, and reminds me more about robocop (although the guns bore is way out of proportion as far as i am concerned) than terminator. While they dont really feel like old Cybertronic, they at least don't look like dark legion troops.

At the risk of passing for a fluff addict, i'd say there was a reason why Cybertronic had the "smirk" attitude toward its weapons and soldiers. It's all about PR :). If you're a corporation that's almost on the black list of the Brotherhood, on the edge of being called heretic, you want to get your image as clean as possible, and carry a message that you're the good guy (even if you dabble with AI). You especially want to avoid any confusion in terms of public military engagement with the dark legion tech and your own, at least for official assets like cuirassiers, chasseurs and eradicators (the things that go on public TV).

What cybertronic does behind doors is another thing entirely.  So there's room for "dark" troopers in there, top secret projects and all, but it shouldn't replace the well-known and oh-so-awesome concepts. Cybertronic may want to pass for Dark Legion when they attack megacorporation assets, but they shouldn't bring the same units on the streets of Luna.

Hear. I agree: the Cybertronic stuff should be sleeker. The Attila and Deathdroid models were a step in the right direction though.
"How was I supposed to know he was an unarmed man? His back was to me."

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #550 on: March 14, 2013, 08:21:53 AM »
The new Erradicator

Very nice indeed!
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Grinder

« Reply #551 on: March 14, 2013, 12:47:20 PM »
The first pictures of the Venusian Rangers

Offline kvaerne

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #552 on: March 14, 2013, 02:12:49 PM »
They remind me of the Cuirassiers Attila  ???

Offline brynolf

« Reply #553 on: March 14, 2013, 03:54:29 PM »
Yes, the mask might look a little bit too much like the new Attilla design. The hood is great though!

Offline Grinder

« Reply #554 on: March 14, 2013, 03:59:18 PM »
 2x cloaks and shoulder pads are separate