Author Topic: New Warzone (merged thread)  (Read 341042 times)

Offline Lopis

Re: New Warzone (merged thread)
« Reply #495 on: March 08, 2013, 03:48:17 AM »
IŽd geuss first and next to see of Capitol is a bunch uf Sunsets ;-)
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #496 on: March 08, 2013, 08:57:05 AM »
Capitol is popular with the Warzone crew. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline semai99

« Reply #497 on: March 08, 2013, 11:51:01 AM »
I wonder with the new grizzly it will entice a couple of extra pledges (or loose some), and with the plastic versions next up will we see a surge to the Capitols, it will be very interesting to see what units they choose for the Capitols starterboxes, the new artwork will be the key

I think it will be
Standard Infantry somewhere between WZ 2's  Light & Heavy Infantry, Mitch & either the Orca or Great Grey/purple sharks
1st expansion boxes Big Bob watts, Rangers or Marines (free sea lions etc) possible the K9 Units

anyhow at least we will get a good base to start from up-to now.
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #498 on: March 08, 2013, 12:16:13 PM »
Is Prodos actually owning the rights to
reproduce all the old miniatures btw?

No.  Prodos is under license from Paradox, and I'm guessing the license is to produce new models and a new game with the background, not produce the old models.

Offline semai99

« Reply #499 on: March 08, 2013, 12:20:06 PM »

No.  Prodos is under license from Paradox, and I'm guessing the license is to produce new models and a new game with the background, not produce the old models.

That said they will be able to use the old names and descriptions of the older minis as a basis for the newer line of minis, as we have already seen with troop types available.
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #500 on: March 08, 2013, 05:20:07 PM »
Ahah - i guess ill then continue makeing variants of the
old figs for Ebay - oc with appropriate descriptions.

I can't condone this. 

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #501 on: March 08, 2013, 06:50:28 PM »

You may soon find a Cease and Desist letter in your mail, Fraz.  Were I you, I'd refrain from violating trademark issues.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Horned God

Re: 3D Printers To Assault The Home Desktops!
« Reply #502 on: March 08, 2013, 07:19:40 PM »
Once ........

I disagree. I like these new warzone miniatures. They are plastics. I like them fine, but honestly the 'new' old Razide is actually better or at least equal. Many many of the metal ones are, and ofcourse, especially many of the original 1e warzone are in fact poor quality relative to newer ones. Yet, over time I got use to and rather like my Free Marines, and other 'older' models. I really do.

I also like the new Infinity miniatures, but when I first got my Yu-Jing I found at least some of those I got (the japanese sectorial) seemed more like 25mm than true 28mm. I didn't like the skinny katana, thought he Oniwaban model itself is awesome.

Still I'd like to see how these new warzone models look compared to new Dystopian Wars models, Infinity, and my older Warzone, VOR and other models.

More power to Prodos' but to say the older models are 'archaic' or that sculptors are ashamed they did them is a bit much. I say many of those are actually better or equal. Let's put up individual models and I could point out which is better and it won't always be the 'new' plastic ones.

One advantage they do have is customizing is easier for the plastics. I do like that apsect.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 07:50:53 PM by Horned God »

Offline Horned God

« Reply #503 on: March 08, 2013, 07:26:34 PM »

I say more power to Prodos. I plan on getting some of their stuff, a T-shirt, the rules and the new cards intrigue me, but I already know they won't produce an open point system (which they easily could). I want to see how these plastics look on the table next to my existing metal miniatures. If 40k plastics are any guide, I say they should work well.

I don't own an Imperial so perhaps I'll get some of those, and Infinity has an ardriana faction with some sweet scotsman. I really like the ones with the kilts., and they have a great sniper model. I can create a point system and just add these to my force.

Offline Lancelot

• Administrator
« Reply #504 on: March 09, 2013, 01:47:48 AM »

That may be bad idea Fraz. its still thier ideas and designs. Better off making new things. Now that WZ is back in spotlight chances are theyre going to be a lot less tolerant about such.

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #505 on: March 09, 2013, 08:40:36 AM »
Horned God, I have worked with some of the old sculptors. I am afraid what I said about them being embarrassed by the old minis is true!

I agree with the power to Prodos statement though, they are working bloody hard to ensure the new minis are tip-top and Warzone will be a successful, contemporary SF wargame!

Offline Horned God

« Reply #506 on: March 09, 2013, 10:01:45 AM »
Horned God, I have worked with some of the old sculptors. I am afraid what I said about them being embarrassed by the old minis is true!

I agree with the power to Prodos statement though, they are working bloody hard to ensure the new minis are tip-top and Warzone will be a successful, contemporary SF wargame!

The old sculptors might feel that way but I think their feelings are unjustified and misplaced. If they want to feel that way that is fine, but its their own private fantasy.

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #507 on: March 09, 2013, 01:08:39 PM »

You may soon find a Cease and Desist letter in your mail, Fraz.  Were I you, I'd refrain from violating trademark issues.

Well - i really dont think so!
I did it before with the desert scorp with
long handgun and when you in the description
explain its not a original everything goes fine!
Even the trademark name isnt a problem this way.

P.S.: Of course during the
Prodos baby phase not - ill wait.

That's interesting, you can infringe on someone's trademark, make money off it, AND that's legally "okay"?

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #508 on: March 09, 2013, 03:19:20 PM »
Can we get back on track please?  ::)

Frazetta, if you would like to discuss the in's and out's of what you can and cannot do, I would recommend contacting Prodos. Do not post here again about it please. Feel free to PM me if you wish to express opinions to me too.

Anyway, Laura!

Offline brynolf

« Reply #509 on: March 09, 2013, 05:01:35 PM »
Prodos has really hit the nail on the head with the Brotherhood. Great design! If I had anything to say about it though, I'd prefer a bit more "heroic" pose. She is a special character after all, not a grunt.

She looks convertible enough though.