Author Topic: New Warzone (merged thread)  (Read 339129 times)

Offline Prodos

Re: New Warzone (merged thread)
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2013, 02:58:54 AM »
Grinder, sorry to disappoint. I can confirm that we intend to do all Magacorporations in time, although only 2 of them will be in the first wave (Cybertronic being one, the other is yet to be announced (it could be any of the other four))

Offline micmellon

« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2013, 03:02:28 AM »
Yeah, the RPG will come back, too. That is for sure a full revival of MC and will help to get a lot more people into both games and they can share the minis. That will help to push Warzone even a little more.  :)

Prodos is an English company.  I hope they want to have Imperial as part of the game as soon as possible  ;)
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline nicklas_danielsson

• Journeyman
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2013, 03:39:19 AM »
Yeah, the RPG will come back, too. That is for sure a full revival of MC and will help to get a lot more people into both games and they can share the minis. That will help to push Warzone even a little more.  :)

Prodos is an English company.  I hope they want to have Imperial as part of the game as soon as possible  ;)

;D happy times..............

Offline micmellon

« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2013, 04:00:19 AM »
It is a kind reward for all the people like us who liked the system to much to let it die or where to stubborn to release the end of the game  ;)
I'm for sure the second type  :D

Hopefully the new editions will rock the universe  ;D

Offline micmellon

« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2013, 05:12:07 AM »
Grinder, sorry to disappoint. I can confirm that we intend to do all Magacorporations in time, although only 2 of them will be in the first wave (Cybertronic being one, the other is yet to be announced (it could be any of the other four))

OK, Algeroth, Brotherhood and Cybertronic are very good choices. Not that I played them in the past much. Imperial was always my first choice.
But the three hate each other like hell.

The next MegaCorp will be more difficult but if they want the Mega Corp with the most possibilities it will be Mishima, because Mishima can fight against all three (from the background).
All other possibilities (Imperial, Bauhaus, and Capitol) will normally not fight the Brotherhood. Of course you can find always exceptions but it is most time not true to the story.

It would still a little bit odd to have the both big MegaCorps (Bauhaus and Capitol) not to be part of the first release but still I would recommend Mishima to keep everybody in hate to each other.
Anyway don’t forget to offer team fighting rules. We play most games as 2-vs.-2-team-games.

Offline micmellon

« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2013, 07:03:34 AM »
Do you  have  already plans  to get  on some  tradefairs ?

I can  highly  recommend the SPIEL in Essen in Germany .
It ist close by and  it is the world  largest fair. You  could  offer  some  nice  starting  package  there , too .  ;)

Get  a few gaming tables and a booth to sell your stuff .

Offline Grinder

• In war, truth is the first casualty.
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2013, 08:44:38 AM »
I hope not i  appear to be grumpy. You have my fullest support and i will be your first customer. If Imperiel isnt in the first round, it's just an excuse to try a new corp. The Broderhood sketches look pretty damn cool.

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2013, 09:26:09 AM »
Mishima design suggest:

Lets not and say we didn't
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline semai99

« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2013, 09:48:38 AM »
Mishima design suggest:

Lets not and say we didn't

Noooooo I've got to bleach my eyes again its almost, almost as bad as Sean Connery in red spandex...

Looking forward especially as they are looking at the RPG as well.
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2013, 11:15:21 AM »

These are pre-production masters. :)

Trade fairs, yep, I have a list ready for the guys. I'm an old school wargamer, been on the block for a while and I like to keep an eye out on what goes on. Spiel is definately one worth going to, but that depends how well Prodos Games do!

I have some funny stories about another company I have worked for and their experience of Essen Spiel, but they are a little un-PC! haha!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2013, 11:29:43 AM »
Origins, GenCon and Talamania.....can I get an amen   ;)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline micmellon

« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2013, 11:45:45 AM »
A professional booth takes some afford, time and even worst money. But it is a great chance to get people in touch with the game, meet fans and to push the game with small test games and introductions.
We had a perfect time during the first Edition when we visit SPIEL 1996. There is even a picture of me and a friend in the Chronicle Nr. 6. Long time ago… When I remember correctly the booth was not big but impressive.
The board during the SPIEL motivates us to build our industrial ruins game board for Warzone.
It would be great to meet you and the other people from Prodos and to game with you a little bit. Of course I hope Prodos is in October already ahead of any business plan and Warzone is back in big business so you can effort the expenses.

------------------------------------

Is the pre-production master a Zombie? The picture is a little bit fuzzy?

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2013, 12:03:17 PM »
Back in the Excelsior days Thom would bring a crew to man the booth in the Dealer's Hall and then has a crew of Crusaders (Demo Reps) to run demos and events to attract players. I  heartily recommend the same approach

Offline rob_alderman

• WARZONE RESURRECTION 2013
    • PRODOS GAMES
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2013, 01:11:14 PM »
The other thing is logistics, Prodos is a UK based company and a very small one at that! If it is successful, it may grow into something big! :)

I love meeting people from all over the place, Alternative Armies, who I also work for only go to Salute (London, UK) now and I have met fans from Europe, America and Canada at that show!

Offline nicklas_danielsson

• Journeyman
« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2013, 02:36:49 PM »
micmellon
so you wher one of the old Company?
 ::)