Author Topic: New Warzone (merged thread)  (Read 339001 times)

Offline JohnL5555

Re: Resurgence in Warzone?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 10:28:01 AM »
  I'm curious. They have said that they are making 28mm figs and that our older figs will work with the rules.
This is a thread at Lead Adventure Forum they have posted more info on.
http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=50271.0

Thanks,

John

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Re: Resurgence in Warzone?
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 11:21:07 AM »
The sneak peeks do look nice. Sure it is computer rendered and may not look like that IRL. But if it is close to this I can see myself getting into it. At least getting a rulebook and a few minis to check it out.

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Re: New Warzone (merged thread)
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 11:26:15 AM »
I merged the two threads.

Offline MartianBanshee

• Metal Mayhem
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 12:19:24 PM »
As a self-confessed dinosaur and aficionado of the original Mutant Chronicles universe, my prime fear is that they might be taking Warzone even further away from the original background than the last few editions did. We will see what happens.

This is an important point.  Recycling the name into a crap game with a hollywierd jacked up back story is not impossible.  I shall wait and see before I drink from this glass again.
1 is the lonliest number that I ever roll.

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 12:55:59 PM »
The sneak peaks look nice so far and they have the blessing of the creator of Mutant Chronicles (who apparently likes what he sees).  The renders look pretty good (and they are do CAD-based design, so the renders should be indicative of the final sculpt; and from the physical copy they posted of some kind of Dark Legion gun, the detail is amazing) and even the Chasseurs look like an updated version of the old Mk1 shirtless-dudes (but without looking dopey  :P ).

I'm personally hopeful.  At the very least this is 28mm so even if the rules end up not being to one's taste, they are making some great "proxies" for 1st, 2nd or Ultimate.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 02:09:51 PM »
We have to figure out how to reopen the registration around here to let them chime in and convince us.

EDIT:  I sent Rob Alderman an email on Lead Adventure letting him know how to get to Dave McGee, and join.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 06:01:47 PM by joshuaslater »
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Bobban

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 08:56:44 PM »
Casting looks great!

Undead Legionnaires!!!

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 09:10:46 PM »
Sorry I posted this before i saw the merged thread..go ahead and delete mine...

on the news..OMGOMGOGMOGMOGMOGMOGMOMGOMGOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am SOOOO excited for this! I wonder if they'll do a kickstarter, or just have it fully funded and ready to go. Me thinks because it's digital models, that they will most likely do a kickstarter..i sure if they do it gets funded..I know I am in!

edit- where's my dang Brotherhood sneaks???!!!

Offline Coil

• Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 11:02:16 PM »
I want to see some Brotherhood too.

Offline micmellon

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 02:02:08 AM »
Finally, everything will depend from the moment when I get the first miniature in my hands.

If I like them I give the minis a try and maybe the rules, too.

I they fail to hit me positve I will stay with the good old stuff.

Most liekly I would start to use them as proxies in a first step and later on I would make the final step to switch the rules.

But for that I would expect t see a well made set of rules and a well balanced setting plus a high amount of units with an ongoing progress.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 03:38:33 AM by micmellon »
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 05:37:33 AM »
I'm a bit sceptical about anything doing with or under Paradox agreement. I contacted Paradox few month before Excelsior closure, read the contract and terms and found it terrible... I don't know what they will doing, and if they arrive at better terms, but I know PAradox don't have any interest in WZ and take care like GW with WH (cannot forgotten the terrible b movie done by Simon Hunter, or the horrible miniature created by FF for their collectible miniatures game, in either product the Mutant Chronicle was distorted and ruined).

In any case, like any other adventure in this field, I'm excited about this new release, and very curios about what they will release. 

Offline Niart Gunn

• Journeyman
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2013, 05:58:24 AM »
I'm quite surprised how this suddenly came out of nowhere, so, like many others I'm kinda sceptical about all this. It does definitely have some potential, but I have yet to see any images of troopers with a true warzone style. I don't like the render of those People's Volunteers very much for example (I really hope they're PVs, they would make even worse Chasseurs) they don't fit very well with the old Cybertronic models imo. Anyways, I'm quite excited about this and I'm looking forward to seeing more stuff.

The recently posted Razide torso looks very nice at least:

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/798229_4979985813318_1382133346_o.jpg (link only because of size)

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2013, 08:05:33 AM »
I want to see some Brotherhood too.

I don't know why B-Hams weren't the first sneaks..we ARE the BEST! ;P

Offline Durandal

• Unstable Construct
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2013, 08:29:40 AM »
I'm quite surprised how this suddenly came out of nowhere, so, like many others I'm kinda sceptical about all this. It does definitely have some potential, but I have yet to see any images of troopers with a true warzone style. I don't like the render of those People's Volunteers very much for example (I really hope they're PVs, they would make even worse Chasseurs) they don't fit very well with the old Cybertronic models imo. Anyways, I'm quite excited about this and I'm looking forward to seeing more stuff.

The recently posted Razide torso looks very nice at least:

http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/798229_4979985813318_1382133346_o.jpg (link only because of size)

Actually those shirtless dudes covered in augments are dead ringers for the Chasseurs circa 1st Edition.  Remember, 2nd Edition did a lot of updating to the aesthetics that weren't necessarily loved by all.  I'm actually loving the return to 1st Edition stylings on the Chasseur and (now that we've seen the concepts) Machinators (yay, Terminator-style again!).  Now if only they would tell us what the big, hulking dude is (my first thought was Surveiler, but it is apparently something else).

The Dark Legionnaires look great and fit in with the bio-tech angle quite nicely.  Remind a lot of the legionnaires the Biz used to draw rather than the rag-tag viking-hat variety of Bonner.  More tubes, less armour and gaunt, skeletal features (oh and gas masks, always gas masks).  They are dead-ringers of Bislegionnaires (nice to see him get tapped, some of my favourite WZ pieces are his).

That Razide is pitch perfect as well, which is great, because the Razide is about as iconic as you get for Warzone.  And if they can do that well, then we may see our first decent Nepharites.  All in all, these previews actually make me want to collect a DL force to supplement my Bauhaus, Mishima, Sons of Rasputin and Cybertronic stuff.

I'm ecstatic that they are starting from scratch as well.  One of the problems with Warzone was that it has seen so many visual revamps from RPG, to 1st Edition Warzone (hell, even a change toward the end of 1st) and to 2nd Edition Warzone (and then the admixture of Ultimate where it was all thrown together in to one pot).  To do a proper reboot it needs to start the mini line from scratch, choose an aesthetic to stick to and plow forward.  I'm glad they're leading in with the minis, and despite being a die-hard Bauhauser, I think it was the right plan to start with DL and Cyber.

The Former had, by far, the most sub-par minis for the life of the game.  The size of their range meant they were the slowest to update and were stuck with the most early sculpts for a while.  Showing them getting a full face-lift shows that they are on track to make theme finally look half decent.  And Cyber was the faction that saw the most aesthetic shifts across the life of MC/WZ.  The full-colour art was all chrome and sleekness, the black and white was all tubes and hyper-industrial cyberpunkish stuff, 2nd Edition then did a full revamp to gasmasks and actually made the outward augmentations less apparent (Chasseurs kind of just looked like normal troopers with skull masks, Machinators were hard to distinguish from guys in suits instead of robotic killing machines, etc.).  So the concept art for them shows that they are willing to pick an aesthetic and go with it (and it is a mix of 1st Edition design with the more industrialized 2nd Edition and B&W art; I have to say that I like the look).

So far, I like what I'm seeing.  Definitely a better effort than FFG and one that is trying to cater to whatever is left of their built-in fanbase without being slavish to us (and hopefully getting newbies in to refresh us).

Offline semai99

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2013, 09:11:06 AM »
I'm very happy someone is again doing new Warzone figures at worse they can be used as alternative sculpts for some units or as proxies for some of the unreleased units, looking forward to see whats coming, now i need to dust of those minis.

regards

'99'
I came, I saw, I ran away