Author Topic: Empire Chronopia painting log... sort of!  (Read 33938 times)

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
Re: Empire Chronopia painting log... sort of!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 02:59:51 PM »
 Great idea and really well done too.

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 04:36:01 PM »
Ugh – I just thought of something major! Miner, not-so-recently you asked me for a sketch of something, and I can´t for the life of me remember what it was! (This is awkward.)

I completely forgot about it. Sorry!
"How was I supposed to know he was an unarmed man? His back was to me."

Offline Glenn M

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 05:09:48 AM »
Horned Owl, I just wanted to say, these are astoundingly well done.  I mean heads and shoulders above other work I have been able to find.  I really think if you worked up some packs of these that aren't obvious Chronopia designs, you could likely sell them.  My only recommendations would be to increase the file resolution, and include options for complete green bases.  I realize it was done for ink saving purposes, but still, those who print paper generally have setups to do full color cheaply.  I just printed a pile them out to test my homebrew 15mm rules. 

Thanks a ton :D

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 05:32:50 AM »
Ah! Thanks, Glenn! Well, the white-green bases were done rather to save on copic markers and colouring time   :P  But there is no reason why one could not crop them and put them on a uniformly green background. The original resolution (somewhere around 900x900) would have had the counters appear huge on screen, so I downsized them for presentation on the forum. (If somoeone would like the counters in higher rez, I´ll gladly post or send them.)

Chronopia and Empire Chronopia are leisure for me. Anything I do for these games – doodles, texts, sketches, pictures and counters – will go into public domain. There are precious few other players around, and if this encourages them to keep up the hobby, I consider it a good bargain.

Also, this allows me to work on them on my own leisurely schedule, which others on this forum will confirm can be a bit dwarf-paced at times.  ::)

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 06:36:57 AM »

Obsidian Serpent Militia.

Obsidian Guard. Here I chose a nearly completely black colour scheme to make them stand out.

Dragonskull Warriors. I liked them so I included them in the units even though there are no official rules for them. One could use the Obsidian Guard stats in a pinch.

Obsidian Colossus. Pretty huge. The red streamers´ delicate shading did not really come out in the scan.

... and his little brothers: Adamantite Golems.

Black Lotus Eater. First I wanted him to be surrounded with a retinue in a way similar to the Chronomancer, but the image of sharp obsidian shards orbiting him gave him a much more sorcerous feel.