Author Topic: situation Chronopia  (Read 7770 times)

Offline FCM

situation Chronopia
« on: August 23, 2012, 10:48:57 AM »
Hi Guys!

Updated me on the situation of Chronopia, there is the chance of it being sold again?

Can we do something?
Contact a new distributor?

what do you think?

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
Re: situation Chronopia
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 05:31:55 AM »
All the rules are still available in PDF format. It is possible, if difficult, to get miniatures from the Prince, or to use a counter system like this one: http://forum54.oli.us/index.php/topic,6499.msg52203.html#msg52203 . There are individual sculptors turning out miniatures that never made it to the foundries in the Chronopia days, like Ghamak http://forum54.oli.us/index.php/topic,7101.0.html and the Manic Miner http://shop.cauldronbornminiatures.com/Fantasy_c3.htm . So Chronopia is not dead.

Getting gamers together, at least over here in Germany, is up to individual efforts. Usually interest rallies around one or two charismatic gamers in a given area and will drop off sharply if those individuals quit or pause.
"How was I supposed to know he was an unarmed man? His back was to me."

Offline Francesco

• GHAMAK
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 05:05:04 AM »
If is not dead is almost dead. Paradox management is very bad IMHO.

Offline Firstborn

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 08:58:05 AM »
All the rules are still available in PDF format. It is possible, if difficult, to get miniatures from the Prince, or to use a counter system like this one: http://forum54.oli.us/index.php/topic,6499.msg52203.html#msg52203 . There are individual sculptors turning out miniatures that never made it to the foundries in the Chronopia days, like Ghamak http://forum54.oli.us/index.php/topic,7101.0.html and the Manic Miner http://shop.cauldronbornminiatures.com/Fantasy_c3.htm . So Chronopia is not dead.

Getting gamers together, at least over here in Germany, is up to individual efforts. Usually interest rallies around one or two charismatic gamers in a given area and will drop off sharply if those individuals quit or pause.
I recommend staying away from the metal miniatures, especially from Prince August. A lot of them are riddled with lead rot.
Counter system is the way to go IMO.

As to the OP's original question: the game is dead. All that remains are some of the old school fans that still love the game.
Chronopia - The best fantasy miniature wargame ever made

Offline FCM

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 01:03:40 PM »

I recommend staying away from the metal miniatures, especially from Prince August. A lot of them are riddled with lead rot.
Counter system is the way to go IMO.

As to the OP's original question: the game is dead. All that remains are some of the old school fans that still love the game.
[/quote]

I've never heard of mold on the lead.
The bacteria molds are killed simply spraying them with ammonia (bleach)

spray the miniature with ammonia (bleach)

quiet.

Offline Delthos

• Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 05:59:13 AM »
Ammonia and Bleach are not the same thing, and they shouldn't be mixed together either lest you want a poisonous cloud of gas in your room.

Offline FCM

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 07:42:29 AM »
Ammonia and Bleach are not the same thing, and they shouldn't be mixed together either lest you want a poisonous cloud of gas in your room.

You are absolutely right!

Do not mix ammonia and bleach. (there are two different products, sorry)
I use bleach for mold.
good work out or with the window open.

Offline Horned God

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 04:57:58 PM »
If is not dead is almost dead. Paradox management is very bad IMHO.

Maybe it is not mismanagement as opposed to purposefully trying to kill the older game so they can release brillant games like the FFG collectible Warzone which did so well paradox is now the next Wizards of the Coast. In other words, they want the 'new hottness' to take off and the older game to be forgotten or at least put out of mind for most gamers. Which is fine except I thought the idea was to create paradox produced video games based on the setting and it would have been great to see a good wargame based on chronopia that is much like Warcraft battlegame (ie fighting skirmish armies, building terrain) not the online MMO.

But apparently none of that happened. Also considering they had a relationship with FFG why not a good Warzone or Chronpoia boardgame. Probably cuz FFG loves GW so much and you see quite a few 40k base boardgames.

Whereas, Bethesda actually did somethin with Fallout universe, though they did kill the D20 Fallout rpg dead before it was released

Offline Delthos

• Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 06:14:01 AM »
With the Kickstarter for Warzone, I think it's entirely possible for someone with some cash and desire to get the license to do Chronopia as well. I know there is someone out there who could really do it well too. Maybe this is not the forum to say it in, but I think someone can do it better than Excelsior did. I was not entirely happy with most of the Chronopia miniatures they did. Many of sculpts didn't have the Chronopia look and feel and were a bit amateurish looking. I wasn't into Warzone at the time so I really can't comment on their miniatures for it. I like the rules they put out, but their miniatures were a failure in my opinion.

If I had the money I'd totally invest in the Warzone Kickstarter. In my opinion they are doing an outstanding job of keeping the Warzone/Mutant Chronicles feel, yet giving them a modern and not cartoony look. They are better than anyone has done Warzone, including Target the company who originally did them. I love all the original artwork, but really disliked all the Warzone miniatures.

Offline Horned God

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2013, 01:19:52 AM »
Let's see how Prodos does in 1 year with WZR. I bet there is a good chance if they do well enough we might see a Prodos version of Chronopia Resurrection (CRZ) or something like that, with a new set of plastic minis