Author Topic: Conversion Showoff - Coil  (Read 6458 times)

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
Conversion Showoff - Coil
« on: February 13, 2006, 01:18:18 AM »
To kick off things I thought I'd post pics of some older conversions. These two were for my Patrol Contest entry.

First an Assassin based on the Redemption Assassin. A simple weapon swap using a Katana from a Mortificator. The head in his left hand is from a Curator. The head already had some wires or straps on it so I just green stuffed some more for him to hold on to.

Next is the Inquisitor who leads my Patrol Force. The book in his right was built from scratch using plasticard and green stuff.

I'll try to paint my new conversion in the next couple of days.

/Andreas

Wedge

Re: Conversion Showoff - Coil
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 09:59:46 AM »
Those look great!  Looking forward to seeing the new conversion all painted up!

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 02:32:18 PM »
It's not quite finished yet but here is my Elite Trooper Decurion conversion.

As you can see it is based on the trooper medic. I cut off the assault rifle, which took some work to get the stock away since it was up close to the arm. Then I added a machine pistol from a weapon pack. I had to file it down a bit so that it would fit.

The left arm was easy since he already held it in a nice position with his fist closed so I just drilled a hole trough the hand and pinned the Punisher sword.

The head took some work to get off (I used a plier, but a dremel would have helped I think). Then I went to work with a file smoothing it down. Then there was the problem of the tubes he had on his chest which with his helmet off would look strange. So I went to work and clipped and, filed and clipped and filed again (again a dremel would have been nice) to get them off. This kind of ruined his chest so I broke out some green stuff and made some armour. I tried to give it a muscled profile to go with the Arnold style head. :)

Since I was impatient and wanted the green stuff to cure faster I put it under a lamp to get some heat. This made the base melt so I'm gonna have to give him a new one.

The head is from a Hasslefree mini (Wolf), which comes with three different heads so I choose the Arnold style head for this conversion (didn't think the Orc or Dreadlock head would work for a member of the Brotherhood). This was the easy and fun part. I drilled and pinned it in place and then just added a tiny bit of green stuff to fill a small gap.

/Andreas

Offline Ruther

• Warzone Deutschland
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 03:57:58 PM »
It came out very nice :)
He Who Laughs Last, Thinks Fastest

Offline semai99

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 02:58:04 AM »
Love the conversions  ;D , It shows what can be achieved with a little conversion and a bit of imagination.

Now I really need to do some myself  ;)  I'll just add it to my ongoing projects.
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 04:58:30 AM »
Great work-not radical changes (except for the head swap) but very effective!
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!