Author Topic: Any UWZ events planned for GenCon SoCal?  (Read 10753 times)

Offline Mark Theurer

• Fictional Reality
Any UWZ events planned for GenCon SoCal?
« on: September 19, 2005, 10:45:54 AM »
Hi all,

'nuff said.

Mark

Offline T Prime

• Big Kahuna, Chairman of the Board
  • Administrator
  • Member Prime
Re: Any UWZ events planned for GenCon SoCal?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 10:55:53 AM »
That is a Wedge thing. He handles that show and usually has a few events planned. I am sure he will post something to this thread once he sees it.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc
Excelsior!!

zebuleon

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 09:23:31 AM »
I was looking at the event catalog and didn't see anything listed for either warzone or chronopia.  Are these just going to be pick up games then?  Wedge?

Wedge

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 04:28:20 AM »
Unfortunately, I may be doing some training or be deployed during that time frame this year.  I didn't schedule anything with SoCal because I didn't want to have to cancel if the training/deployment went ahead.  In the Air Force I am part of a deployable patient decontamination team.  Our window opens for deployment in the middle of October and doesn't close until the middle of January (or thereabouts).  In the meantime, I am scheduled for numerous TDY's to other bases for training and what not.  If none of it comes to pass then I of course might be able to make it but not in any official capacity.

The good news is, last I heard, CKGeist was going to run an event or two.  I haven't seen him post since he moved to California but he may just be lurking.  I haven't been to the GenCon site at all so I haven't checked for events.  If there are none posted, life might have gotten in the way for him too.

Sorry guys, I wish the picture looked different, but I didn't want to get your hopes up and then dash them later.

zebuleon

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 05:22:36 PM »
oh well, its not like there is a large Warzone/chronopia presence on the west coast anyway.  GW dominates every game store I've managed to find and only one had any kind of EE stuff which is in a dusty discount bin.  Well unless CKGeist manages to pull something off I'll just save my money to try and get back east to play in any kind of official play.

Raganorock

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 09:11:24 PM »
Ouch... yeah west coast ain't really representing. With my buddy LAW down under I havent been plaiyin much UWZ... But I  ll have a shiny new Army ready for November if we do have anything at gen con~

X

Offline Skull King

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 01:16:51 PM »
I'll place my vote for doin something for Gencon SoCal!  Not sure what days I'll be there, I only planned on attending the Warmachine events, but I'd surely try a game of Chronopia if there were some willing folks.  We should try to get some thing together at least.   ;D

Offline Mark Theurer

• Fictional Reality
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 04:07:59 PM »
@ Wedge: Don't sweat it if you can;t make it, and God bless for what you're doing.  My son is thinking about the Air Force himself and I couldn't be more proud of him.

@ Everyone else:  My THU for SoCal is pretty free right now and I can easily swing bringing one of my Chrono or UWZ armies, but not sure if more than that.  Coming from TX and flying with the wife and three kids kind of limits the toys I can bring.  For Chrono I think my 1st pick to bring would be my dwarves.  Haven't played them in a while and Chrono was the only game that really got me hot for dwarves (not in sick way you're thinking!).  Next would be Devout, especially if my Risen Archers get here in time for me to start on them.  For UWZ it would almost certainly be Cybertronic.

Who all is certain to be at SoCal in NOV?

Mark

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 09:33:32 AM »
If I know for sure that thier would be a warzone event might be able to make it friday or one weekend day, and could potentially bring up to two of my Warzone armies with me that is and still have room in my army transport case for anything I might aquire at the Con.  Of course this means I would have to redouble my efforts to get everything painted.

Offline Mark Theurer

• Fictional Reality
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 02:22:11 PM »
If I know for sure that thier would be a warzone event might be able to make it friday or one weekend day, and could potentially bring up to two of my Warzone armies with me that is and still have room in my army transport case for anything I might aquire at the Con.  Of course this means I would have to redouble my efforts to get everything painted.

Get everything painted.....ha ha ha                     I'll work on making sure everything is based and assembled first!   ;D

Mark

Bane

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 11:46:21 AM »
oh well, its not like there is a large Warzone/chronopia presence on the west coast anyway.  GW dominates every game store I've managed to find and only one had any kind of EE stuff which is in a dusty discount bin.  Well unless CKGeist manages to pull something off I'll just save my money to try and get back east to play in any kind of official play.

That may be changing at least here in the O.C., a local store is showing some interest. I'll provide an update, if they start to sell it.

Bane

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005, 12:06:44 PM »
I would be interested in participating in events at Gen Con So Cal. I would be willing to help out with running an event if needed too.

Offline LAWwaldo

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 06:27:48 AM »
  Well when I get back from Australia (in December) I think my buddies and I wouldn't mind at least starting up a So.Cal league.  Maybe that way we can help run some events.  It would be nice to see Warzone develop more on the West Coast.  I know everytime my friends and I played at the local gamestore we got lots of people looking and asking questions.  Hopefully we can eventually transform that into more players.
"Life is tough; it's even tougher when your stupid." - John Wayne