Hello ladies and gentleman. You might remember me as the FNG from last year's Mania. I'm probably still at that same skill set, but i've learned a few things that I think will help me this year.
1. Thom will beat you in anything, simply by staring at you and smiling. (C'mon, you named the event after the fella, it's gotta be good karma to kiss his bum a little bit)
2. Josh is my favorite gamer right now. If someone were to market gamer hockey jerseys, i'd get his name on mine. I'm a fan
3. Dodge is my least favorite gamer. I'd buy his jersey too, it would just say "loaded dice" on the back. Just sayin'
4. Tim is cool to play with, because he is easily distracted by shiny objects and movement questions.
5. Then there's Dave. Poor guy, I actually feel bad for him. I go to his house to game, eat his food, drink his liquor, harass his family, even take control of the remote on occasion. He's always teaching me new games for the big weekend, and I just keep beating him. In everything. Board games, miniatures, card games, video games, the list goes on. I don't take the pleasure from it that I should because I know i'm just setting myself up for failure. When Talamania comes around, the guys who actually know what they're doing are gonna beat me half to death. I hope he gets some comfort from the other guys doing what he can't. I hope a better finish in the chariot race will be a positive for him as well.
In all seriousness though, I can't wait to see you all again. Last year was awesome, I know this will be better. Talk to you in a few weeks.
PS - I'll be running the Hungry Hungry Hippos tournament out on the porch for anyone interested. Peace!