Author Topic: [Battle report] Prince of the Plains - Crystal Lotus vs. Blackblood vs. Vultures  (Read 30744 times)

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
There are few games where victory or defeat really depend on a single roll. Usually this means that either you made enough tactical blunders for the game to get on edge, or that you´re evenly matched with your enemy in guile. Despite not being familiar with them, Marius played the Blackbloods like a master. The assault warriors kept four entire warbands busy – the archers and militia – while the Goblins and Trolls stripped away Corian´s protection and left him wide open for the attack by the Vultures when they emerged from their hiding-holes.

The Lotus Guard was no help. They arrived randomly, and of course entered the table at the farthest possible points from where they were needed. At least the Knight showed up near the melée and was able to do some good.

What saved me was no superior tactical skill but the fact that the Lotus Eater (for once!) passed each and every Power check throughout the game. Those who know me also know of the usual abysmal performance of any sorcerer I choose to field when it comes to dice rolling. And the one time that the Sky Chariot just had, had, had to come through and whisk the Prince away to safety... he succeeded. Phew.

I cannot remember any other game where defeat had been so close. Usually if you´re going to win or lose, you can see it coming from miles, or at least yards away. But this one was a terribly close shave.
"How was I supposed to know he was an unarmed man? His back was to me."

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
 This sounds like it was a great game.The game could have went either way from the story and the way things unfolded.

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
Yes, I was sweating blood and water when I shook the dice for the Sky chariot.  :P

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
 I had been wanting to read this for a few days now and only got around to it today.Having to wait my turn on the computer after two kid's  :'(.

A very close game with lots of twists and turns for both sides.

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
You can say that again. Phew!

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
I can't believe I didn't read this whole report before.   ::)

This. is. Chronopia!!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
Excellent!!!
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143