Author Topic: Flyers and dead Angle  (Read 12779 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Flyers and dead Angle
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 05:35:46 AM »
Declination is, indeed, a consideration with regard to firing arcs.

A 90° firing arc is a cone, for all intents and purposes.  In game terms, this means that the model may not "dip" or otherwise change its orientation, as this is, already, considered when defining a firing arc.

Therefore, "dead angles" are relatively easy to approxiate when you account for a third dimension.

Does this clarify it?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 03:28:09 AM »
Why should a flyer not be able to dip his nose so that he can fire at a ground target?
For me these two things directly belong together.

The answer is simple:  If a model could change it's firing arc simply by the player announcing, "I am dipping the nose," then there would be no need for Firing Arcs, at all.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline micmellon

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2011, 04:56:54 AM »
"Dipping the nose" can only be an option if it handled as a move action.
It's just a flesh wound - Black Night

Offline dane

• Board Member
  • The Board
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 06:00:52 AM »
If I understand a shooting action is spent to fire your weapon at a target using the focus of that action.

There are some really smart people posting some elaborate ideas, but if anyone felt the need to include something to represent a targeting of a fixed weapon on a flying vehicle, a suggestion:

1) Riders stay the same, they can turn any direction and shoot handgun or turret.

2) Halve the move if the pilot is firing a weapon at any target more than 6 inches off the same plane of movement (to signify the tilt to target). Slowing to bring nose up or down, or dipping to strafe. This also applies an automatic range penalty to different levels of attack in the measuring.

3) No move modifier if targeting same level, no tilt to target needed. Same if it is a turreted gun, it is meant to track targets on the fly.

Mind you guys, my caveat is I am a Chronopia player more that Warzone, so it might be flavored to that set.

Just trying to keep it fast.
We are all who we say we are. So long as our actions are the same as our words.

Mishima prophet