Author Topic: Great Idea for Firstborn Chariot  (Read 3548 times)

Offline Horned God

Great Idea for Firstborn Chariot
« on: November 17, 2011, 12:55:18 AM »
So I own a chariot for the first born. I also own the goblin and SOK one too and for those armies they seem to fit better in there use. Yet, for FB it needed something. As it is now, it is basically over priced or rather you don't need to give all those horses attacks in CC, just let it have Trample and the ability so that if engaged in CC it can simply trample its way out, then limit the two guys on the back to only being able to CC attack in the back 180 degrees or they could work like the scythe blade.

Then it hit me, why not simply replace the two guys on it with something like FB Longbowmen (or X-bowmen or you could use the Repulsar Knight Marksman fig). No they don't need to be equal to marksman simply they are similar in stat to Longbowmen leader models but I like the look of a guy with a raised bow. I'm sure other similar bow models could be used but the idea is as a mounted / chariot model it can move/fire as a single action and and until it tramples this is perfect. It goes from being this ackward 'wow that is a lot of points I will be wasting' to a model that your glad to field and no it is not imbalanced since longbows or X-bows aren't that awesome, no more so than say a Totem with a repeating crossbow and it is a large target for other missile attacks. I'd also contemplate making its armor 21 or 22 and giving it an 8 move. It should be fast. But if not a 7 move.

How would I point it, considering I think the way it is done now it is much over priced, adding the two missile attacks (so yes you can move and get 2 longbow shots per action) and if you give it a couple points of armor, it begins to approach its current cost, otherwise I'd say as it is now it is like a 100 point model, maybe 97 or something like that, or 105 or whatever, but isn't it like 143 now. that is like 40 points too much in how effective it is. Now if I did add repulsar marksman type ability such as giving them Marksman ability I would add the cost to the model so it would be even more but in the end how would this increase the effectiveness of the model? not much and it is a moving chariot and I think it is not best to do that.

Anyone like that idea?

Anyways it means I have the chariot Knights, one of which looks like an awesome Repulsar Knight and the other is farily good too. I'd be willing to trade those guys away. There are things I need currently:

Warrior of the sun model
Dream Warriors
Dream Warrior Leader
Mishima models (specific ones but let me know what you got to trade)

If you have a model I can use I have models you can use. I think I prefer to trade, but I suppose selling is fine. your not buying the chariot, but rather those little man at arms guys (ie they have the same weapon as a repulsar knight and look just like him, one has no helmet though). You could also create a 'new' type of FB character wtih that one if you really wanted. In other words, there are different uses.