Author Topic: T VI?  (Read 27735 times)

Offline Doompup

T VI?
« on: November 16, 2011, 06:43:49 PM »
I know it would still be at least 6 months away, but I was kicking back into Warzone painting phase and finally getting some units finished and off my painting table.
After a couple month hiatus from painting, I'm back, and starting to get excited about next Talamania. Is it too early to plan and talk about (please say that it's not  ;)  )!

I'm eagerly trying to get my Crescentians painted, and maybe another Capitol unit or 2. I definitely want to try Siege of The Citadel next year.

What are the rest of you working on/hoping for?

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
Re: T VI?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 07:41:23 AM »
I have too many projects for T6!!  My Swamp Goblins are all primed.  I'm working on a Blackblood Army.  I still have to finish my Brotherhood, but really, I probably will only play Chronopia at T6.  I only played one game of Warzone anyway, and Steve blew me away.  I'm terrible at Warzone!!

Also, I have too many grudge matches, especially after beating Andreas!!!   ;D
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 09:28:04 AM »

I have a lot of goals. Some realistic others not so much:

1. Make it to Talamania - the past 3-4 years have been either bad planning on my families part or just bad luck for me with the set date. I should make it to T6 something something Dark Symmetry or Its a trap! (We will have a vote later hopefully for the tittle)

2. I am working on expanding my line of CD sized terrain to include more hard cover - adding Hirst mold pieces. I should have another 12 pieces for T6.

3. I started casting and planning for the first of 9-10  16" x 16" modular terrain pieces. I should have at least 1-2 for T6 complete.

4. It would be nice to have more paint on my tourney army for T6. If you know me this would be the not so much realistic goal.

Hope to see everyone there. As always it should be a blast again.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 09:38:57 AM by luckyone »
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 11:02:48 AM »
(please say that it's not  ;)  )!

It's not.  ;D

I will have my Dark Eden Templars done by then; beware!
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Doompup

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 04:12:22 PM »
I'm pretty excited to see your new terrain, luckyone. I was impressed last year; I still have a hard time believing they were once CDs.

As for dmcgee1, I look for to some Dark Eden-on-Dark Eden action  ;)

I finally acquired all the Chronopia I will ever need for my force (from PA's last sale), but I just seem to have a deuce of a time getting myself to sit down and paint them. I think my uncertainty about the color scheme isn't helping either. I guess I'll just wait for inspiration.

I have some cool ideas for objective markers that I want to try and get made as well.

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 09:31:37 AM »
I'm pretty excited to see your new terrain, luckyone. I was impressed last year; I still have a hard time believing they were once CDs.

As for dmcgee1, I look for to some Dark Eden-on-Dark Eden action  ;)

I finally acquired all the Chronopia I will ever need for my force (from PA's last sale), but I just seem to have a deuce of a time getting myself to sit down and paint them. I think my uncertainty about the color scheme isn't helping either. I guess I'll just wait for inspiration.

I have some cool ideas for objective markers that I want to try and get made as well.

Thanks for the props. The new terrain will have more to it than the ones I currently have. Finding the time to work on it is the only issue I have.

I have been working on objective markers as well. I have the ones from last year still - just plastic with obj 1-4 from Gale Force 9 I believe. I have been working on painting things like ammo boxes, crates, missile launcher case etc. What do you have?
The entire Capitol Army.

Offline Doompup

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 02:41:27 PM »
I have been working on objective markers as well. I have the ones from last year still - just plastic with obj 1-4 from Gale Force 9 I believe. I have been working on painting things like ammo boxes, crates, missile launcher case etc. What do you have?

It's a surprise!
Actually, when I was flipping through my First Ed. Dark Eden supplement, I landed on the page with the four barcoded skulls.
I though that was a fantastic backstory, and could make a really fun themed game. So, I will be making four barcoded skulls, on themed bases (Rasputin, Crescentian, etc.).

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 09:21:54 AM »
That sounds pretty neat. Looking forward to seeing them. The official T6 date has been posted on the board.
The entire Capitol Army.

Offline dane

• Board Member
  • The Board
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2011, 06:10:16 AM »
A possible Dave's gaming night opt up.

We all get together and set up lamps and tables and paint like mad people in a big group. I don't know about you guys but I get wired to paint when gamers are around.

One of the games we can play is: set a goal of what you would feel cool having done in a single weekend. (prime and base color, finish two squads, kitbash a chariot etc.) If you complete that goal break out into the usual gaming.

just a thought, it would be a good excuse.

Bill
We are all who we say we are. So long as our actions are the same as our words.

Mishima prophet

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 11:06:29 AM »
A possible Dave's gaming night opt up.

We all get together and set up lamps and tables and paint like mad people in a big group. I don't know about you guys but I get wired to paint when gamers are around.

One of the games we can play is: set a goal of what you would feel cool having done in a single weekend. (prime and base color, finish two squads, kitbash a chariot etc.) If you complete that goal break out into the usual gaming.

just a thought, it would be a good excuse.

Bill

I love this!  Jimmy "mooseduncan99" wants to paint some figs, and what better time than having a bunch of other really good painters around to show him tips and tricks?

Bill, please let me know what date(s) work best for you, and we'll try to get the rest of the group in on it, too - even if we have to webcast it (Google+ is great for this).
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 09:19:20 AM »
Really great idea. We used to have "all-night" painting before tourneys all the time. A good way to share ideas etc. I like it.
The entire Capitol Army.

Offline dane

• Board Member
  • The Board
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 08:59:01 AM »
Well we can do a light start of it on the 17th? Then we can plan the next venture for the new year?

Possible?

Mishima prophet

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 09:14:23 AM »
OK I should be there (at Dave's) I will let Thom know about it also.
The entire Capitol Army.

Offline dane

• Board Member
  • The Board
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 11:51:07 AM »
He was the one that got us coming down, so just give him the idea that we are painting.

Mishima prophet

Offline mooseduncan99

• This Space For Rent...
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 01:56:44 PM »
Hey I remembered seeing this and wanted to revisit. We still got a month to get this paint party together. It would be a great excuse to get together.
Moose Duncan, Talamania's first and only Connect Four tournament director...

Homebase: The fightin' city of Boothwyn, PA