Author Topic: Swamp Fiend Proxy  (Read 6275 times)

Offline Horned God

Swamp Fiend Proxy
« on: November 13, 2011, 01:05:01 PM »
http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/demon/latest/03180#detail/03180_G

This is the perfect model for it. You simply need 2 blowpipers and a blowpiper leader to put on top. I have an old spider from Grendel minis I bought for 20 bucks but he is similar to this guy. This spider is not cheap but is the best thing I've seen since that out of print Grendel spider (yes you could also go with that GW spider and rid yourself of the stupid goblin minis it comes with)

If it were me I'd buy this spider. I personally have a swamp fiend but I know many of you don't so I thought I'd post it. Perhaps I will buy this and have 2 swamp fiends but I know one is enough in my army.

Offline Horned God

Re: Swamp Fiend Proxy
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 06:58:17 AM »
http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Products/images/Grendel%20Monsters/f0004_Widows_Lair.jpg

Found the spider I used for my swamp fiend. It was a Grendel miniature like I thought. I found it at scotiagrendel. It is perfect for sticking 3 swamp goblins on there. I found another spider at Reaper and yet the grendel one is only 12 pounds, much cheaper in cost. Just giving you some choices if your interested in making yourself a swamp fiend.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 08:29:29 AM »
Dig.  Thanks for posting these.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 09:17:48 AM »
Cool looking spider. Looks like it could paint up really nicely.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Buzzu

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 05:24:01 PM »
Hum, the second one is very cool, the first one is too expensive! I used a giant tarantula from the GIGANTIC dioramas of the AMT-ERTL, I payed it few bucks, it'enormous, and i glued a spearman leader, a blowpiper and a converted mantis musician on it's back. Maybe is a little too big but I can assure you it causes fear to the opposite player...  ;D

Offline Lancelot

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 08:40:49 PM »
Hum, the second one is very cool, the first one is too expensive! I used a giant tarantula from the GIGANTIC dioramas of the AMT-ERTL, I payed it few bucks, it'enormous, and i glued a spearman leader, a blowpiper and a converted mantis musician on it's back. Maybe is a little too big but I can assure you it causes fear to the opposite player...  ;D

KEWL! You can put it  up against my Ultimate Godzilla i used to shock kids when i did Warzone Demos way back when. ;D :o

Offline Masakik

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 02:55:57 PM »
These still the best proxies for the swamp fiend?

Offline Buzzu

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 10:48:02 PM »
Well... yes, I think. If you want a picture of my proxy (which is still the cheapest)  ;) just scroll down the page I link.

http://valdo.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=173