Author Topic: [Battle report] Loyalty - Firstborn vs. Firstborn  (Read 24237 times)

Offline Cirith

• StygianBeach
Re: [Battle report] Loyalty - Firstborn vs. Firstborn
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 11:40:44 AM »
On the other hand, it makes the unit near impervious to missile fire, so the limited mobility is probably a fair trade off. Once you´re in CC, you´ll drop the wall anyway.

I just remember my first Chronopia game ever (4 players), where a Unit of Iron Guard was ripped apart by Orc Assault Warriors. The Iron Guard was in a Shield Wall, and the Assault Warriors were using their Bows. When the Iron Guard was whittled down to 2 members, Goblin spearmen were sent in to finish them off.

Since then, I have thought the Shield Wall needed something.

People willing to trade their freedom for security deserve neither and will lose both.

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 04:16:38 AM »
I´m surprised! Shield wall subtracts -6 from missile weapons´ damage and -8 from the shooters´ MW. Together with the heavy armour of the Guard that´s pretty impervious except for the odd lucky roll. Hail of arrows would negate the MW mod, but assault warriors are not able to loose a Hail.

Of course, unsupported Iron Guard out in the open ground won´t last long, but that´s what the auxilia is for, right?
"How was I supposed to know he was an unarmed man? His back was to me."

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 04:28:50 PM »
Well written!!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA