Author Topic: Hurricane Irene  (Read 18227 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Hurricane Irene
« on: August 26, 2011, 08:22:40 AM »
The tip of the arrow indicates the position of Talamania (my house).  BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES!

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201109_model.html
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:27:59 AM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Re: Hurricane Irene
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 08:25:45 AM »
P.S.:  We just experienced a 5.8 magnitude earthquake, this week, too...WTF?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 08:47:52 AM »
I will have to make time to click on the link. I was busy filling out my 3x5 card with my name, next of kin, ssn etc so they can ID the body.

This is serious stuff.

I am prepared as I can be but what exactly does that mean?

Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 11:44:30 AM »
Good thing - it'll hit you first!  (luckyone lives about 50 miles or so south of me.  I think he needs to change his screen name  ;D)

Offline aoi cobalt

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 03:16:10 PM »
Best wishes to everyone in the path.

And if you wish to protect your mini's, you can ship them to me.  ;D
"Bring your best dice or bring a good brick." - Thom

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 05:11:39 PM »
If they sink, think of the treasure someone will dredge up in the future!  Mmmm...mini-booty...

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 05:13:05 PM »
If you can believe it, UPS is still (at this time) planning on flight operation on Saturday out of Philadelphia International.  Who's their meterologist; Stevie Wonder?

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 06:01:28 PM »
Earthquake and Hurricane? I think locusts are next!   

DMcGee and all in the path of Irene...stay safe!   
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 08:43:45 AM »
12:45 Saturday rain intensity increasing and so is the wind. It should be here tonight My minis are all safe and sevure in the garage.

Not much else I can do here.

The entire Capitol Army.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 04:53:02 PM »
Sorry I didn't ring Timmy.  I helped some friends move this morning out of their apartment and into another one.    I hope you guys got some games in over in Jersey.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 08:21:47 AM »
Didn't go to N.J. I would not have had a good time anyways. I would be looking over my shoulder at the weather updates. As it turned out we lost power for 19+ hours no damage and all minis accounted for. My son did break an arm off of a new style Inf Colonel. Nothing a little super glue won't fix.

The entire Capitol Army.

Offline Lancelot

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 08:49:15 AM »
Reporting in !  After days ( ok i may exggerate a little)  of wandering to find way to get to work that DIDNT involve going over or around flooding, downed trees, and powerelines, i can report all is well..except for one embaressed toad who sought shelter in a flowerbed outside my place. Hope all are well.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 09:35:30 AM »
Well, Talamania HQ made it through with very little damage (one decent-sized branch fell where the patio furniture would have been had I not secured it).  A little water made it into the basement, but The Wife managed to get the french drain working correctly, so no damage there to anything in the basement, including the gaming tables.

All in all, it could have been much worse.

At one point, it came to my attention that my teen-aged cousins were out and about in the storm right when the tornado warnings were popping up.  I jumped into the DMcGeemobile, and tracked them down, getting them to safety.  At one point, the wind was howling so fiercely that I could not see 20 feet ahead of me; thought for sure that I was in the tornado.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 09:38:15 AM »
On a similar note, TS Katia appears to be tracking along the same route, preliminarily.  It is expected to strengthen to category 3 sometime on Saturday or Sunday.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at201112_model.html

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 10:23:26 AM »
"May the Hurricane pass you by" – which is probably a Bauhaus soldiers´ proverb. Batten down the hatches and be safe, all of you. Hope it doesn´t get too tough.
"How was I supposed to know he was an unarmed man? His back was to me."