Author Topic: Age of Conan MMORPG  (Read 5367 times)

Offline Jase

Age of Conan MMORPG
« on: May 09, 2011, 06:02:32 PM »
Hey all,

Long time no see. I've been bitten by the MMORPG bug lately and being a fan of the Conan stories have found the Age of Conan game to be my taste. Any one else played this before? What's been your experiences  with it?

Jase
"Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

Offline Oakwolf

Re: Age of Conan MMORPG
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 07:10:48 AM »
I've played it for a long time actually. I was there at release.

I played on european servers, but live in north america.

Anyway, the game did bring some rather refreshing parts to the mmo genre, especially related to the graphic detail and melee combat. The melee combat does need to get used to, especially in pvp. You actually need to hit a key to swing from an angle, and choose it in order to attack the least protected sides of your enemy. There are also combos, which means that if you streak a series of blows, the result will be a "more special" attack. All in all, you -need- to use the combos, as normal hits don't do that much.

It's also a tad more mature since there is alot of blood and violence, although i do guess it got an adult rating simply due to the boobs (rating is totally fubared...decapitation is fine for kids, but a boob is not).

In the beginning there was alot of roleplay too, which is why the game was interesting for me in the first place: the graphics and mood of the game made roleplay very fun, even though the game never fully supported roleplay.  Nowadays, the game has much less activity, and it pretty much starts once you reach 80 (max level). You also need to join a guild and participate in raids if you want to visit the "end game content".

So is it worth to try? In my opinion, it's less interesting than at release when there was a serious buzz and "social" activity. Now, it's become a shell of what it was especially on the roleplaying side, like most ageing mmo i guess, but if you play with friends, then it does offer some very fun times.

Offline pinksuezo

Re: Age of Conan MMORPG
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 05:34:47 AM »
when is the new conan movie coming out again? this summer?   i assume the mmorpg will see a second wind around that  time.   i mean unless the movie is total roody-poo, which i hope it isnt.
REPORT HERESY. IT'S YOUR DUTY.

In Nomine Cardinalis