Author Topic: CAR WARS Game  (Read 9860 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
CAR WARS Game
« on: April 26, 2011, 06:06:29 AM »
CAR WARS will be played on Saturday evening, May 14, 2011 at 6:00 p.m.

TRI-STATE AUTO RALLY (TSAR) Website:  TSAR
 - Here you will find the MADHAT Excel Spreadsheet Car Designer, Arenas, and all other things Car Wars

Ruleset:  Car Wars 2.5 (not the new 3rd Edition rules)
Arena:  Double Drum
Division: 50 ($50,000 limit on 1 vehicle with one 30-point driver and up to one 30-point passenger/gunner).  Vehicle Classes limited to Trikes, Cars (including Pickups and Vans) and Racecars.

Duel Type:  Race (Two laps where one lap is circumnavigating both columns staying to the outside of the columns); first to finish is awarded 40 points (equivalent to two (2) vehicle kills).  Second place receives 25 points, while third receives 10 points.  All vehicles will start at equidistant start/finish points with all vehicles travelling at 50 mph at the start.  See Special Rules Section.

Special Rules:
- Planned Movement Execution:  Each player will be given 30 seconds to record and log their movement prior to moving and/or firing - failure to record movement in the time allotted results in the vehicle being moved in the current direction of travel.  Movement will be executed in speed order (highest to lowest).  In the event that two vehicles are moving at the same speed, the higher Reflex Roll (RR) will choose the order of movement where it affects the phase sequence.  A higher Driver Skill will allow the controlling player to alter their logged movement by a Difficulty ("D") of one per level; i.e.: a Driver: 1 will be allowed to adjust their movement by a D1 during their phasing movement.  If a player adjusts their movement, an additional Handling Class (HC) penalty of -1 must be recorded.  Otherwise, movement must be executed exactly as written on the players' logs.

Example:  If Steve Garcia records that his vehicle will perform a D1 Drift to the right, then, during his move, his vehicle will be moved 1/4 car-length to the right, then one car-length in the direction of travel.  If Steve's Driver is a Driver: 1, then Steve will be allowed to adjust his movement to compensate for the unexpected; he would then adjust his HC an additional point downward for the adjustment, for a total of -3 HC (or -1 HC if he chose to decrease the difficulty; regardless, the -1 for adjustment still applies).

This is designed to simulate high-stress and critical reaction time during the course of an autoduel, where each game phase represents only two-tenths of a second.

- Limited Turning:  No player shall be permitted to intentionally perform a maneuver which is greater than a D4.  Trust me, I have done some tests on this; no vehicle can do this, nor does any vehicular system allow for the resulting liquefaction of one's internal organs when D6's are pulled at speeds greater than 80 mph.  Inertia's a bitch.

- No Dropped Weapon Kills:  Points will not be awarded for kills which are deemed to be the result of dropped weapons/ammunition/dischargers/etc.  Likewise, kills caused by debris or other hazards will award no points to any player.

- Blind Driving:  If a vehicle becomes blinded by paint or other "ammunition," the player will be forced to drive blind; in other words, for two game turns, the player will have to play from memory, being forced to log their movement without benefit of viewing the table (blindfolds will be provided, and other players will be encouraged to take pictures of heinous acts committed while the player is so impaired).  Normal obscurement applies, thereafter.

Please, ask any and all questions in this thread.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 04:30:53 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
Re: CAR WARS Game
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 08:24:16 AM »
And So it begins.
A race then.
Gonna need to build a new car.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 11:35:21 AM »
Let it  be noted
Garcia Auto Labs(tm) is already
hard at work designing a new
car just for this race.

Project: Tiger Blood has begun!
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 06:34:09 PM »
Noted.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 07:37:06 PM »
It's too bad that I don't want to live in the Northeast.  Ya'll play some cool games! 

We're gearing up for the continuation of a MechWarrior campaign and then I'm working on completing a horror GASLIGHT campaign.
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 04:31:06 PM »
UPDATED STARTING RULES