Author Topic: Japan Quake Relief Mishima Army  (Read 97613 times)

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
Japan Quake Relief Mishima Army
« on: March 17, 2011, 04:53:12 PM »
It is time for me to part with some of my miniatures and it occurred to me that rather than just try to sell them for myself, I want to instead help out the Japanese relief effort.  I spent four years in Japan.  Two of my children were born there so it has a special place in my heart.  My old Mishima army for Warzone is on sale at Ebay; it seemed fitting.  The figures are solid table top quality and are suitable not only for Warzone, but also for 40k, Vor, No Limits, or any other 28mm Scifi miniatures game.  The army contains some unique conversions and proxies.  All profit will be paid directly via PayPal to the American Red Cross to help support relief efforts.
The listing is at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230598253603

VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Seamus

• Branch Incentives
Re: Japan Quake Relief Mishima Army
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 06:03:07 PM »
Nice looking army.
Seamus Muadhen
eBay: branchenterprisesinternational
email: dkidd23 AT yahoo DOT com

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
General Douglas MacArthur
US WWII general & war hero (1880 - 1964)

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 06:41:54 PM »
Even nicer gesture, that.  Applause button in effect.
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 08:01:48 PM »
I too will give props to Veez and state that I am going to bid on the army. Furthermore if someone tops my bid I will still send Veez the amount of my max bid to include with the winning bid. I encourage everyone here to bid - it's a sweet army, Veez is a good man and the cause is top drawer.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Steel Rabbit

• On A Roll Games
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 09:44:11 PM »
I hope the bid goes well. I tried to bid, but won't let me 'cause Veez doesn't ship to Canada. Good luck, though!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 03:27:40 AM »
Okay, EBbay is starting to *&$& me off.  I paid extra for photos, uploaded them, and they never showed.  I also specificallyset it to allow North American bids and now this.  I will fix this for you.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 03:34:55 AM »
Okay, should be fixed-although I checked and supposedly North America is not excluded.  I know we Americans are woefully ignorant about our neighbors to the north but I am pretty sure Canada is considered to be in North America.  I may need to look it up on Wikipedia though just to be sure. 

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 04:51:34 AM »
Canada  is part of North America and Ebay screws the pooch if it still won't let you bid ask one of us who is in the US to bid for you and then trans-ship....we've done it before
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 04:57:35 AM »
Just posted a question for you on E-Bay Veez so you can clearly state where you will ship to - unfortunately the auction is still showing US only

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 08:29:09 AM »
Really nice to do what you are doing. I hope it sells for a very good amount.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 03:30:39 PM »
Now ebay is not letting me answer questions.  These guys are really getting me upset.

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 04:13:17 PM »
Never fails.  The one time you really need the auction to work the way you set it up...  Good luck getting it up and going without too much more brain damage. 

BTW, glad that you are putting in some help for Japan.
Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline Horned Owl

• Hoot!
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 03:44:58 AM »
Thatīs a great gesture. Iīll try to contact as many Warzone players in my vicinity as possible and see if someone is interested. (Iīll also warn them of the ebay issue. Maybe give me an email address by PM so they can contact you directly?)
"How was I supposed to know he was an unarmed man? His back was to me."

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 06:25:53 AM »
The bidding is currently at $102.50 with 2 days to go. Hopefully it will go higher as the army is actually worth more than that. Unforunately I am maxed out on my ability to bid. I encourage anyone who can to bid and anyone who has bid to contribute the amount of their max bid to Veez's project. My 100 will be going to him as soon as he tells me how he wants it.

* note: Everyone who reads this and thinks what Veez is doing is a good thing (and he is) give him some applaud button love  ;)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 06:32:41 AM by Topkick »

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2011, 04:13:47 PM »
First I am humbled that it broke double digits and into triple.

Second, no need to make me the middle man-if you wish to donate, give straight to the American Red Cross (yes it is the American Red Cross but they are helping their brothers overseas).