Author Topic: Charlie Sheen IS, indeed, winning  (Read 8838 times)

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
Charlie Sheen IS, indeed, winning
« on: March 13, 2011, 06:26:46 PM »
You should watch this video (link provided by Coil).

I have so many things to say about it that I am at a loss as to where to start.

Please, discuss.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline warzoneD

• Member Emeritus
  • Ad Astra Per Aspera
Re: Charlie Sheen IS, indeed, winning
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 07:10:14 PM »
Old news, brudduh - they even have a song about it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QS0q3mGPGg    :)  :P

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 07:40:33 PM »
I know, but I just got around to actually watching the interview excerpt.

I gotta say this; I agree with most of the things that he said, even when he invoked Yoda ("The Nike slogan isn't, 'Just go out there and try.'")

I have a similar outlook on life, even if I do believe that my brain is of this terrestrial realm.  My drugs of choice ore nicotine and caffiene, sometimes alcohol.

When Sheen states that he simply blinked his eyes and chose to never ingest drugs again, I sort of believe him, as I have witnessed this behavior (on a less intense level, though no less impressive) when my three-pack of cigarettes a day smoker of a grandfather quit - cold turkey, because the doctor told him that he would not perform surgery unless he did.  So, he did.  He never smoked again for the rest of his life.

Sheen may be considered intense, self-serving, unnerving, narcissistic, and detached, but I beleive that he is lucid, intelligent and fully in control of his faculties.  When he states that he has tiger blood in his veins, I equate that to a strong sense of self-confidence in his abilities and attributes.

There is a side of me that still, to this day, believes that I am self-aware enough to be able to accurately assess my own strengths and weaknesses and play to them.  I would never deign to say that I have the blood of tigers, but I am self-confident enough in my own abilities, and have experiences with which to back up any claims that I would make about them.

I believe that it is others that make more of Sheen's publicity than Sheen, himself.  I believe that Sheen is, simply, telling folks, "Hey, this is my life, and I'll live it how I see fit.  As long as I am hurting no one else, and I am living within society's laws, then let me live it."

In the end, I actualy empathize with the guy.  Does that make me weird, strange or both?
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline Seamus

• Branch Incentives
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 03:35:29 AM »
I agree with you Dave.  I have seen people quit cigarettes as well by just putting them down and never going back.  Actually, cigarettes are as hard or harder to quit than heroin according to experts.   Its a matter of wanting it bad enough to make it happen.  I also think Charlie Sheen is genuine in the interview and I bet he whipped it out right there in front of the cameras for the urine test because that is just the way he rolls.  LOL

What he is talking about is covered in numerous books, one of which goes back to the 1920's.  A young man, in 1911 who had access to all of the wealthiest me of that time was challenged by the steel baron, Andrew Carnegie to write a book on the formula of success.  After interviewing hundreds of wealthy people, the Bill Gates of his time period, he wrote a book called "Think and Grow Rich".  His name was Napoleon Hill.  He did a follow-up book called Master Keys to Riches.  I had a man, Zig Ziglar (a famous motivational speaker) tell me one time that the key to success was motivation.  The formula for motivation was NEEDS + FAITH = MOTIVATION.  Not faith as in a religion but the true meaning of faith.  Faith is believing in something that cannot be seen.  If you want money, believe strongly enough that you will possess a certain dollar amount by a certain date and have a plan of action for getting that dollar amount and you will.  If you say you are a winner and truly believe then you are a winner. 
Seamus Muadhen
eBay: branchenterprisesinternational
email: dkidd23 AT yahoo DOT com

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
General Douglas MacArthur
US WWII general & war hero (1880 - 1964)

Offline Melanieshaman

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 09:28:41 AM »
I hated his show, i never thought it funny, now he's been fired..so? I still won't watch it, the humor was so juvenile.  Now if he would just go away!