Author Topic: A gallery of some of my collection  (Read 10099 times)

Offline semai99

A gallery of some of my collection
« on: January 31, 2006, 11:57:11 AM »
Hi all,

I finally got around to photographing some of my collection with my digital camera  ;D

I've posted them on my displaced minis   http://www.displacedminiatures.com/semai99/galleries.aspx

Hopefully you will like them  :P  but dont expect golden deamon entries all my figures are painted for tabletop use, I quite like the overall effect of the cult force posted but they could do with touching up and finishing with some more tones especially the flesh but that can be done at a later date.  (I have some more cultist to paint to add to the force at a later date)

I'm hoping to get more forces posted this week.
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

Re: A gallery of some of my collection
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 12:17:08 PM »
I like them.  Great job.

Your fleshtones could use a little more shading, a dark wash would probably help you here.

Also it looks like you put the wrong picture for your sacristian squad, since that's a picture of destroyers again.

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 12:25:29 PM »
Looks good. That's an army that I would gladly see on the tabletop facing me.

Offline Ruther

• Warzone Deutschland
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 12:52:43 PM »
i think they will make a great apearence on the table :)

I'm a big fan of playing with painted minis  ;)
He Who Laughs Last, Thinks Fastest

Offline semai99

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 05:42:23 AM »
I like them.  Great job.

Your fleshtones could use a little more shading, a dark wash would probably help you here.

Also it looks like you put the wrong picture for your sacristian squad, since that's a picture of destroyers again.

Yep I do need to add a little more depth to the flesh tones, I've changed the sacristian squad now thanks.

I've just added 4 more gallaries  Bauhaus (Mounted Hussars being the latest troops), Lutherians, Cybertronic & Imperial ( hope to get some more photographed at the weekend but don't quote me on that  ;D )

As regards the Imperial squad I usually base all my figures on a green base but for some reason I want to base the regulars on a brown muddy base what do people think?  ???

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 04:24:46 PM »
I like how you've adopted a set palatte of colors but have still given each corporation/force an individual flair; the deviations you use make them stick out more. 

Trenchers should be in the mud.  Don't be afraid to mix them up-they already have a good dirty/worn feel.  Grass won't hurt them though.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline semai99

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 09:21:39 AM »
I like how you've adopted a set palatte of colors but have still given each corporation/force an individual flair; the deviations you use make them stick out more. 

Thanks for the comments I do like to get a general theme to the army but sometimes I do get distrated by other paint jobs or alternative camos.  I'm just trying to decide which theme i want to carry throughout the Imperial Army i think it will probably be the dirty worn out theme  ;D  but I've already painted some blood berets now starting on the regulars as per the link

http://www.displacedminiatures.com/semai99/image.aspx?image_id=10902&from=Warzone%20%20Imperials

Trenchers should be in the mud.  Don't be afraid to mix them up-they already have a good dirty/worn feel.  Grass won't hurt them though.

I think I might go for the muddy look on all the regulars and trenchers as well as any heros.  I've already got some blood berets painted with green bases which I'll probaly leave like that.

Offline Ruther

• Warzone Deutschland
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 09:55:29 AM »
Here are some of my Chronopia Firstborn, I need to make some shots from my WZ armys at the Weekend  :)

http://www.kerlin.de/chronopia/army_fb_002.php  <- scroll a bit down here as the pics are at the end ;)

http://forum54.oli.us/index.php?topic=452.0

I try to get some WZ minis in time up as well.

Offline semai99

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2006, 12:33:26 PM »
Nice Collection Ruther I like the checkers on the robes

Offline semai99

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2006, 12:52:59 PM »
I've been photographing some more today and   Added some more Galleries  and lots more pictures

http://www.displacedminiatures.com/semai99/default.aspx

Its been good photographing them all as I now have a visual reference as to what I have painted and can now compare this with the Updated rules and can begin painting some of the unpainted figures to make some of my units legal in the new version.  It will help also in battles as if I was asked to play a 500pt battle I know what I can and cannot take.

Offline tHe_MaN

• MutantChronicles.net - French community MC website
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 02:08:49 PM »
One comment: WoW!

Really great job of painting these so beautifully. It only makes me feel more miserable for my pitiful painting ;o)

Offline Ruther

• Warzone Deutschland
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2006, 06:12:05 AM »
Just realised i put my links in the wrong threat  :(

Sry, it wasnt meant to highjack yours  ;D

Offline semai99

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2006, 02:35:47 PM »
One comment: WoW!

Really great job of painting these so beautifully. It only makes me feel more miserable for my pitiful painting ;o)

thanks tHe_Man,

I quite like the overall feel of each army but I don't by anymeans consider them to be great paint jobs, they look good on the tabletop but you can see how basic and quickly some of the units have been done close-up, if the old gallery was up you'd be amazed at how good some people actually paint. 

I paint the smaller scales better 6-10mm where you can get away with a bit of technique rather than fine painting, see my other galleries for examples of these especially the 6mm figures

http://www.displacedminiatures.com/semai99/images.aspx?gallery_id=1310&from=GW%20EPIC%20Imperial%20Guard

And the 10mm figures

http://www.displacedminiatures.com/semai99/images.aspx?gallery_id=1304&from=Warmaster%20High%20Elves

I was dissapointed when the old target games was sold before they got out Chronopia Empires out as that scale would have suited me great, oh  well I guess I'll have to put more time into these figures
 :)