Author Topic: [2nd edition] Individual allowance  (Read 4880 times)

Offline Oakwolf

[2nd edition] Individual allowance
« on: December 13, 2010, 11:33:04 AM »
Hello, i'm left pondering about the character allowance when you build your army.

It mentions that you have 1 Individual per warband. That's fine.

I play a Tribe of the Dawn army.

a) do i need to take a Tribe of the Dawn specific warband (Blade Maidens) in order to pick an Individual of that theme?

b) I am allowed to grab up to 30% of "troops" from the Firstborn army. How does the individual/warband ratio compute here. I.e. do i need to induct a Firstborn warband to pick a Firstborn individual?

Lastly and on a bit of a different topic. If i mix Sons of Kronos with Firstborn, do i need to use Firstborn unit cards to represent the units, or are they considered to be part of the SoK army for that battle?

Thanks for any clarification.

Offline Delthos

• Evil Polish Guy
Re: [2nd edition] Individual allowance
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 01:43:23 PM »
As far as I know the individuals and missile unit ratios are on an army basis, not per allied faction in the army. In other words you could have one Firstborn individual in your Tribe of the Dawn army and all your warbands be from the SoK list. I could be wrong, but the note in the SoK section for the Tribe of the Dawn and Shadow Tribe, indicating that "Restrictions for purchasing Missile Weapon Warbands and Individuals still apply." is there to point out that you can't use the allied troops to ignore the rules for the normal limits. In other words you can't used it to get more than one idividual per warband or more than 40% missile weapon warbands. So you can't have two warbands and two individuals from your TotD army, and then take a Chronomancer and a Repulsar Knight from the Firstborn as that puts you at 4 individuals.

As for unit cards, that is the similar, you don't have to specify which unit cards are for Firstborn and which are for SoK to your opponent other than in the normal way for revealing them. You use all the same type of card backs. If your army is SoK, then use all SoK cards.

Offline Oakwolf

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 10:20:31 AM »
Sounds fair enough and i agree to your points.

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 02:25:20 PM »
Well answered. 
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA