Author Topic: Vor 2.0 Kickstart  (Read 8715 times)

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
Vor 2.0 Kickstart
« on: November 16, 2010, 09:25:54 AM »
 Just a quick heads up on this new Vor project.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bioplazm/the-vor-20-project

Offline insan0

Re: Vor 2.0 Kickstart
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 08:21:16 AM »
I've never played Vor just glanced at it now and again when it was in print. I don't have anything to say about the game but I do like the idea of collecting pledges or "fund raising" to get there project going. Reminds me of the college/community radio station back in my hometown.

I will have to keep my eye on there progress maybe even chip in a few dollars.

Offline Veez

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 02:39:46 PM »
I have several complaints, not the least of which is the fact that "Skuzzy" could have taken five minutes to not look like a derelict.  Yeah Vor was a great game and I still have a load of figures but over the last few years he has really cheesed me off with his hot and (mostly) cold attitute with his other forum.
VeezCon products:  Not as good as if they had been actually produced by a real figure company, but better than using your shoe to proxy with...sort of!

Offline Manic _Miner

• Member Emeritus
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 01:43:23 PM »
 Got to agree with you on the statment you have made Veez.

Mike has been absent from his forum for quite awhile.

I never got around to playing the game but the miniatures and the books are great.The art work and stories really help to bring the universe to life.

I do hope Mike gets to the target and we get to see some new miniatures.I need my Pharon mini's.

Offline Von Koss

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 04:44:33 PM »
Don't know much about VOR, but I do know that I must possess that great big orange "tiger striped" monster.  That sucker needs a home in my game room.  :o

Can someone tell me what it's called and for what army in VOR...I might have to scour Ebay for one.
Total models painted for the year 2011: 14

<The Goal: exceed 534 painted models in one year>
*End Date: Dec. 25th 2011*
2010- 294 (fail)

Offline Delthos

• Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 05:25:12 PM »
That is Razorfang, a Growler special character. He is one of the Alpha Chieftains. A real badass. Growlers are somewhat of a cross between a T-Rex and Gorillas, but with tons of different breeds.

He is made from metal and weighs two or three pounds, at least that's what he feels like to me. He can be got from Iron Wind Metals, as can all of the VOR line of miniatures. He will set you back a few bucks though, he goes for $59.99 at Iron Wind Metals. He occasionally comes up on eBay so you may be able to get him for less. I got lucky and got mine years ago for $30.

http://ironwindmetals.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=94_96&products_id=3209

Offline leutenantbrittan

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 05:27:36 PM »
While I applaud Mikes attempts to do everything himself, I do think that he could have got the game off the ground several years back if he had been willing to either license the game or get some proper backing.

I did wonder if the game was ever going to see the light of day as he vanished from the VOR forum for quite a while. I was painting some Growlers a while back (Andy aka Manic Miner now owns them!) and they are great fun to paint and its a shame the game just hasnt gone anywhere....

The game itself is really good but could have done with more support earlier as I doubt hes going to manage to make the $25000 he needs to get it going.

All the best!

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 10:38:47 AM »
Really miss this game.
Truely hope he manages to make this happen.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline Lancelot

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 09:43:19 PM »
ok. unless i missed something...hes trying to get 25,000 in backing...by Jan 1st??? i mean, good luck and all and i hope he makes it, but why the rush all of the sudden? What happens if he doesnt make it?

Offline Delthos

• Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 07:00:28 AM »
Actually January 14th, not the 1st. The rush is that he's ready to produce it, he just needs artwork and that's what a majority of the funding is needed for. Without it, it's going to take even longer before VOR 2.0 is released.