Author Topic: Painting Quandry  (Read 14326 times)

Offline semai99

Re: Painting Quandry
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2006, 01:49:33 PM »
Oh I meant to add I liked the shading of the Beastals legs as well, are the sheep proxies for Imperial mastiffs  ;D
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2006, 02:41:27 PM »
Alpha thats great news, I'm trying to make an effort to do some more painting during the week when i have time rather than watching TV. So you wont mind if i copy your northen sons then  ;D

LOL -  not at all.

I went to your terrain gallery I get a large picture but just stays the same not changing to the picture at the top, I saw the citadel in the other gallery before and it looks good.  :)

Give it a try again...I was making changes (adding the graveyard pics)
Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline Alpha

• FAQ Team
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2006, 02:45:14 PM »
Oh I meant to add I liked the shading of the Beastals legs as well, are the sheep proxies for Imperial mastiffs  ;D

LOL - I created them for my old comedy scenario I posted ages ago....I'll see if I can find it again. It was based on one of my favorite "Scottish Jokes".
(I'm Scottish by birth, though I live in Virginia now).

Arch Nemesis of the Pathetically Correct
Ebay Handle: Alpha-Male

Offline semai99

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2006, 07:27:18 AM »
I've finally resolved to get all my lead painted, a daunting task with over 100 mini's needing paint, and I thought I would ask everybody here how they go about painting.  Specifically do you basecoat the whole model, then wash the whole model, then highlight.  Or do you basecoat, shade, and highlight one part of the mini before moving on?

Hi Gallagher,

Sorry we kind of hi-jacked the thread a little there.  ;D

You say you have 100 minis to paint what are they?  And have you decided how you will tackle putting them on the board ie as quick as possible for massed grunts and touch up afterwards or a more measured approach.  I suppose it will all depend on the amount of details on each of the figures.
I came, I saw, I ran away

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2006, 04:04:14 PM »
Hey, no worries Semai99.  This was the whole point of the thread to start discourse on different painting styles and techniques.  Keep it up.

As for considering my painting I haven't really.  I've been playing since 1995 and have always loved the game and the setting, but I've only recently made the leap from casual player to modeller and avid player.  I've started modeling and building terrain, converting my plastic Imperials, and now finally I need to get this lead painted.  100 was just a rough estimate, in truth its easily more than that since I have 40 plastic regulars and 20 children of Illian, and full squads with specialsits of Blood Berets, Headhunters, Mourning Wolves, Wolfbanes, Wolfbairnes, Imperial Special Forces, Trenchers, Golden Lions, 24 Screaming Legionaires, Zenithian Soulslayers, 8 Karnophages, Rangers, 2 squads of Wailing Banshees, 2 squads of Heavy infantry, Light infantry, Undead Legionaires, and Necromutants plus individuals, support and miscelaneous models I don't have armies for but still have sitting around.  I wouldn't be surprised if it came to 200 or more.

Edit: I forgot about my Crescentians so 2 squads of brotherbound, 1 squad of Khans Guard, and 8 Lamented.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 04:41:34 PM by Gallagher_Standard_Barer »