Author Topic: Figures in progress (with a pic)  (Read 18293 times)

Offline Catinator

Re: Figures in progress (with a pic)
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 03:45:13 AM »
Wow. Very nice green. Hope to see the others soon too. Hope EE will be able to release them soon.

Greetings,

Catinator

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 03:57:26 AM »
That looks very,very promising.

Offline masherking

• Member Emeritus
  • THE ALLATLOH of ROCK n' ROLLA
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 05:26:43 AM »
first all can say is  :o
your take on chronopia miniatures can really make this game  shine.
I've only seen few minis by you so far but it makes me want to see more.
Hope you have a long future with EE.

I would love to see your take on ripper beast (since your on blackbloods and all)
 ;)

god I hope they get their pots to work.
damn broken pots. >:(

p.s.
are you working on any warzone too.
Goddamn! its good to be the MasherKing.
home: New Jersey
E-bay: Johny_wonderful

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 05:58:48 AM »
Thanks for posting that pic.  Will you stick to the artwork next to the green, as that's Sallah Khan, a Blackblood hero, as the regular Deathseeker will be armed differently?
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Alxbates

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2006, 07:38:48 AM »
Excellent work so far.  I'm excited to see the finished product.

-Alex
Wan Chew Tree Faw!

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2006, 08:23:32 AM »
How are they supposed to be armed?

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2006, 08:35:04 AM »
Well the Deathseeker Ogre has two "razor swords."  These "razor swords" are shown on the Troll Deathseeker pic.  The Ogre should have one of these punching dagger like weapons on each hand.  The Troll Deathseeker should have one attached to two of his arms, leaving the other two holding a massive two-handed razor falchion.  Sweep anyone?  The artwork pic you have there is actually a hero from the fluff that has not been given stats yet, but don't let that stop you from completing it as is.  That fig could be used for the individual named or Blackblood fans can use it for the Ogre Elite, if the two handed falchion is large enough.  Alternately, you could arm this guy with two swords like the one he's holding in the pic, and I think it would still rock, as the Deathseeker Ogre.  Cheers. 

Hardcore Blackblood fans chime in; this is your baby after all.  I'm going from the experience of fighting them every week.  Cheers.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 08:43:44 AM by joshuaslater »

Offline Southpaw

• Board Member
  • The Board
  • I see lead people.
    • Topkick's Trading Post
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2006, 07:34:14 PM »
Matt:

Wow.

Love the new green. Very impressive. Detail and dynamics are great. The Artwork you posted as reference is a Deathseeker Hero named Sallah Khan, who does not have stats as of yet. However if I am not mistaken (book not handy at the moment), his clothing and armor style as shown in the drawing is very similar, if not identical to, that of the regular Deathseekers, so that model as shown now, if given two razor swords instead of the 2-handed falchion, is absolutely perfect for them.

Is it easier to create a blank model, and sculpt different arms, heads, etc, in order to get variants? Or is creating two separate models easier? Just curious. I think I remember you mentioning a troll blank, and that would be perfect, as you could have one or two basic bodies, and different sets of heads, arms, and accessories to get the two regular variants, and the Deathseeker, all using the same basic body frame.

The same looks like it could easily be done with the Ogre torso you have now, to get different variants in their poses.  I love the look of it thus far. Please keep up the phenomenal work, and keep posting pics of works in progress!

Webmaster/Manager
Topkick's Trading Post

The one truth of the Dark Lord is this: death is inevitable, flesh decays, and power commands...

From The Scrolls of the Dead
Negral Zar'akin

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2006, 07:40:12 PM »
what do you use for your sculpting model?  I ask because the musculature is spot on, especially for the pose.  It looks entirely incredible.  -applause-
Qui desiderat pacem præparet bellum

RussianKnight

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2006, 07:41:26 PM »
That photo shown is from the 1st edition Chronopia book, shown next to the Ogre Elite stats.  If you can get ahold of a 1st ed book, in the BB section beginning, there is a pic of a troll, various weapons and armor pieces shown as well.  One of those pieces is the Helm of the Deathseeker which could be placed on both the troll and the ogre really (it is a helm after all).  Your scult actually makes me want to start playing Chronopia again after a 6 month hiatus.  The dynamic pose is very spiffy keen and a friend of mine already wats to order 6 of them...he says he needs to round out to 20, 000 points of blackbloods.

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2006, 09:00:38 PM »
JS: Razor swords huh?  Hmmm.  Don't think the pose will work with razor swords.  I'll have to tweak the arms a little.  Bummer.

SP:  It will be easier to do variants on clothed models.  I was doing this guy as an individual.  I have yet to discuss with Thom all my grand schemes regarding Chronopia, but we'll see.  There won't be anymore progress unfortunately until then.  Too many other things that require immediate attention.

PFC:  Believe it or not, I was a personal trainer up until three years ago or so, so I have a fairly strong background in anatomy.  I always keep Stephen Roger Peck's Atlas of Human Anatomy for the Artist handy and use google liberally to find images of bodybuilders in poses similar to whatever I happen to be sculpting.

RK: I picked up a 1st ed rulebook on eBay that should be here soon.  I'll keep an eye out for the picture.  I keep trying to tell people that pretty miniatures will bring in new players and bring back the old ones!

Thanks guys,
Matt

Offline Ruther

• Warzone Deutschland
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2006, 06:08:23 AM »
The Deathseeker looks very promising, it fits the old style wich is most important  ;D.

The Pic, as russian Knight pointed out, was the one of an Elite Oger from 1st ED (a lot of the old Pics got new meanings in 2nd but this shouldnt overide the orginal art wich was there bevore). I'd like to see my Elite Ogers like the one on the Artwork (bare chested with huge twohanded Falchions as the fluff back than pointed out they dont like wearing breastplates). The 1st Ed rule book contains a lot Pics of Weapons, Clothing and Armor parts for each race and should help you to get a hang on the style so its highly recomended to use as a source for sculpting  ;D.

I'm not into the new habit of turning a lot of the old art pics into special named heros, they were just pics of common soldiers back in the time. I really dont care for herotypes, i prefer to be focussed on the normal Soldiers and Indiviuals but thats just a matter of pewrsonal taste  ;).
He Who Laughs Last, Thinks Fastest

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2006, 12:25:40 PM »
L like the green but it ought to be the Ogre Elite and a new approach to the Ogre Deathseeker should be done. Just my opinion.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2006, 12:37:50 PM »
Don't go tweakin' that pose on my account!  If the falchion is big enough, with room for two hands on the hilt, then let fly with the fig as the Ogre Elite.  Blackblood players will eat that up.  Yo.

Offline Gubs

• Prophet Miniatures
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 05:10:13 PM »
Sorry to say this guys, but there will be no new Chronopia figures from me.  The tunnel fighters may never see the light of day either (still haven't been paid for them).  There were rumors that Excelsior's licenses for Warzone and  Chronopia were to be up at the end of 2005.  I tried to contact Thom regarding this, but he has been dealing with more important issues and I have been unable to reach him for the last month.  I contacted Paradox regarding the licenses and was told that they had expired and would not be renewed.  I was contacted today by an Italian company who said they had acquired Chronopia.  Evidently European sculptors make a fraction of what sculptors are paid in the US, so I will not be doing work for them for now unfortunately.  I have yet to confirm this with Paradox, but was surprised as I was told their new licensing manager would not begin work until the end of February.
  Definitely dissapointing.  I think at its core there is a lot of potential on Chronopia and I hope that the new group realizes that potential.  Sorry I won't be a part of it.  Oh well, Onward and upward.