Author Topic: Getting Married!  (Read 7250 times)

Offline Seamus

• Branch Incentives
Getting Married!
« on: September 03, 2010, 08:10:28 PM »
I am biting the bullet and getting married for the third and last time tomorrow, September 4th, 2010 at 3:30 PM EST.   If you are close to the western end of North Carolina, feel free to come.  I know its last minute notice but any and all are welcome.  It is an informal outdoor wedding on private land near Forest City, NC.  To get there, off US Highway 74 take exit 181, (only one way to go whether you are headiing east or west on 74) at the first light turn left (KFC on the corner).  
Follow that road, you will cross back over 74.
There will be a stop sign about a mile after you cross.  There is a Dollar General on your right.  Turn right at the stop sign.
After you top the hill, you will see Hwy 74 again, just before you get to it there is a Fish Camp on the left and the on the right will be a road then a creek then a dirt/gravel driveway.  Turn into the driveway and park near the house.  You will see the chairs set up at the creek in front of a small island with the sign Panty Island.

Afterwards follow everyone to the Hickory Log BBQ for the reception.  If you want to eat, you will have to pay for it yourself ($13 for the buffet) but the cake is free.   Sorry, I can't provide free vittles but the company I have worked for the last 5 years closed its doors on August 3rd.

Don Kidd aka Seamus

« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 08:13:04 PM by Seamus »
Seamus Muadhen
eBay: branchenterprisesinternational
email: dkidd23 AT yahoo DOT com

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
General Douglas MacArthur
US WWII general & war hero (1880 - 1964)

Offline Lopis

Re: Getting Married!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 04:22:47 AM »
A good voyage to a safe harbour for you!
Solus honor cladem avertat !

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 06:20:49 AM »
Seamus, congratulations!  Not to sound callous, but I truly hope the third time's the charm!  It's also very nice to hear from you, as your absence from these boards has been noticed by many.  I hope the job situation quickly reverses for the better.  Didn't you work as a bouncer at a bar, or am I just imagining things?
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline MadBrad

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 07:38:12 AM »
Seamus,

Best wishes for you and your soon to be Mrs!   I cannot make it to the ceremony or reception, but hope it is a memorable day.

Cybertronic - Superior by design

E-Bay Handle: bradthemad

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 05:18:43 PM »
Best wishes! Thanks for the invite. Good luck to you.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 05:37:03 AM »
Best Wishes to you and your spouse ;D
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Coil

• Board Member- First Crusader
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 01:17:41 PM »
Congratulations Don!

Offline Topkick

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Former Crusader Coordinator - Midwest Region
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 04:30:52 AM »
Belated congratulations sir to you and the Mrs.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Homebase:  South Central Wisconsin
E-Bay Handle: Topkick-890

Offline Seamus

• Branch Incentives
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 06:40:15 AM »
Seamus, congratulations!  Not to sound callous, but I truly hope the third time's the charm!  It's also very nice to hear from you, as your absence from these boards has been noticed by many.  I hope the job situation quickly reverses for the better.  Didn't you work as a bouncer at a bar, or am I just imagining things?

Well Petru, that is one type of job of the many I have held in the past that I have never had.  My last job was IT Director of a small manufacturing plant which in actuallity meant I was the entire IT department. 

Thanks to everyone for the best wishes.  Here are pictures of the wedding on facebook.  http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=90712&id=1268200859&saved

BTW if you have a facebook account, feel free to invite me as a friend just include a note with the word Warzone in it and your name on these forums.

The past few months have been very eventful and stressful for me but everything is working out okay.  Have you ever had a time period in  your life where to all appearances externally, your life was going to hell but emotionally, you knew everything was going to work out for the best.  Thats the way I feel right now. The company where I worked for the last five years closed its doors on August 3 (but thats okay and actually a stress release because I had grown to hate my job anyway); I got married a month later to a beautiful lady who loves me very much and whom I love.  Halfway through our honeymoon, I get a call from my sister 950 miles away that my Dad whom I haven't seen in two years is going to die soon.  I cut the honeymoon short, drive 3 hours back to NC, pick up my brother who lives in the area then we drive straight through to Texarkana AR to see him.  Spend two wonderful days visiting with Dad and other family members.  Before we go, we discuss whether to wait until he dies to go or go while he is alive because we know that we can only afford one trip, so we decided to go.  On the way home, we get the call that Dad passed away in his sleep with a smile on his face.  We knew we had done the right thing. I'm a month behind on my mortgage but happy that I made the right decision and got to speak to my dad before he passed.  A week after I return, I have an interview but don't get hired but somehow I know that wasn't the job for me anyway.  So stressful yes but I am less stressed now than I was two months ago and my gut tells me that this upcoming interview in Charleston is the one.  My wife is excited and already planning the move to Charleston.  I keep telling her to hold up and not count the chickens before the eggs hatch.  This woman has had two jobs her entire life, one for 17 years and the other for 18 years and has never gone far from Forest City NC but is excited about the possibility of moving to Charleston. and I am amazed because I thought that gettign a job outside of Forest City would cause her a lot of stress and worry.

Life is good right now.
Seamus Muadhen
eBay: branchenterprisesinternational
email: dkidd23 AT yahoo DOT com

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.
General Douglas MacArthur
US WWII general & war hero (1880 - 1964)

Offline Petru5

• Keeping eastern KC an UWZ!!!
    • Conn-Man Games blog
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 07:32:34 AM »
There's a lot of stuff there that could lay one low for quite a while!  On the other hand, your positive outlook is incredible!  Sorry to hear about all your trials and tribulations, but it sounds like your head is on straight and you're focused on the future.  Let us know when there's more news to share and take care of that little lady!
"Game over, man! Game over!"
-Private Hudson

Offline joshuaslater

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Homebase: Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 09:34:55 AM »
Congrats, and good luck!!!
May the Dark Lords of Lead-Free Pewter smile kindly upon you.

Homebase: Philadelphia, PA

Offline Dragon62

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 09:19:34 PM »
you count chickens
Define Irony-A bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash.

Homebase-New Jersey
Ebay-Dragondrake69

Offline Warlord

• THE WAY IS FORWARD!
    • 28mm World War II Wargaming at its finest...
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2010, 09:57:42 PM »
I made a decission like this years ago and made a trip to see my Grand mother, she met my wife and met her 4 great grand children. My Grand mother passed shortly afterwards and I am damn glad we made that decission. Good for you and I hope you and your new bride have a great life with lots of love. I have been married for 22 years and love my wife more than ever. CONGRATS!
www.precisionmodeldesigns.com
www.Battlemart.com

Offline luckyone

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 08:16:57 AM »
Thanks for the update. You made the right decision. Good luck to you.
Always look out for number one, but don't step in number two.
What do you mean Flash Gordon approaching? OPEN FIRE!
The entire Capitol Army.
Don't ever say anything but a 20 before rolling the dice.

Offline DogOWar

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 04:32:54 AM »
A very belated CONGRATS!!!  As a 12 year vet. 2marital indentured servitude, I wish you all the best.  My amazonian overlord tells me to inform you that you have made the wisest choice.

Just kidding, except about the congrats. ;D
Its not the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog!

ebay "handle": irishdog143