Author Topic: Negative to hit values with template weapons.  (Read 8763 times)

Offline Gallagher_Standard_Barer

Re: Negative to hit values with template weapons.
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 10:11:38 AM »
The way my group plays 0 is no damage, so no save is required.

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 06:09:39 PM »
Some of you wrote "the attack does 0 damage".
But what does 0 damage mean?
Does it mean, that the victim has to roll a save and
if he rolls a 20 he gets one wound?

No, DM 0 is just that - no damage.  a roll of "20" is not[/b] a critical failure when rolling an AR save.  Therefore, if a target has 20 AR, and DM is (modified) 1, then a 20 fails (20-1=19).  However, if a model has an AR of 21, that same DM 1 can cause no damage, so there is no need to roll (21-1=20; even rolling a 20 would save).

If the weapons DM winds up being 0, then there is no chance to cause damage, even against an AR of 0 (probably PFC Joe's AR on Saturday morning after a good (bad?) Friday night - ;)).
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 06:14:09 PM by dmcgee1 »
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!

Offline PFC joe

• Private First Class
  • Private First Class
  • assistance from a distance
    • PFC joe's After Action Reviews
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 07:29:22 PM »
as far as i'm concerned, Friday nights end sometime Sunday afternoon (or whenever I can find my car keys and figure out a Coyote Ugly excuse)  But yes, 0 damage requires no Armor save.  Unless she somehow manages to get your phone number, then you have to make a Wingman's LD check to see if he intercepts the attacks.

(Funny story, I got a lot more popular when someone made up the rumor that I was in an open relationship and didn't tell me about it.)

-PFC joe
Qui desiderat pacem pręparet bellum

Offline dmcgee1

• Board Member
  • Administrator
  • Member Emeritus
  • Ask away!
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 07:34:23 PM »
I'll be your wingman, anytime, Joe.  However, I ain't gnawing off your arm.  You're on your own, there, bud.
If sing, sang, and sung, sink, sank, and sunk, and drink, drank, and drunk, how is it that it isn't bring, brang, and brung, think, thank and thunk, and ding, dang, and dung?

Don't even get me started about bad, badder and baddest.  Run, ran AND run...again?  C'mon!