Author Topic: Rules Question - Wait\Countercharge With Multiple Models  (Read 4622 times)

Offline Firstborn

Rules Question - Wait\Countercharge With Multiple Models
« on: September 19, 2010, 09:31:45 AM »
There is a section in the Chronopia 2nd edition rulebook that I would like some clarification on.

Page. 62  Right hand side, 2nd bulleted item:

"If the model the Waiting model wishes to Charge is Charging another model, switch the moving figure's Charge to target the model on Wait that has made its
LD test and follow the instructions listed above under "Countercharge".

My question is, what if there are multiple models on wait that wish to charge the model that is charging another model? Do you switch the moving figure's charge to
target the 1st model on wait that passes its LD test, and then after charge in each other model that made a successfull LD test?

Thanks
Chronopia - The best fantasy miniature wargame ever made

Offline aoi cobalt

Re: Rules Question - Wait\Countercharge With Multiple Models
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 02:22:56 PM »
There is a section in the Chronopia 2nd edition rulebook that I would like some clarification on.

Page. 62  Right hand side, 2nd bulleted item:

"If the model the Waiting model wishes to Charge is Charging another model, switch the moving figure's Charge to target the model on Wait that has made its
LD test and follow the instructions listed above under "Countercharge".

My question is, what if there are multiple models on wait that wish to charge the model that is charging another model? Do you switch the moving figure's charge to
target the 1st model on wait that passes its LD test, and then after charge in each other model that made a successfull LD test?

Thanks

Looking at the rules, I think what happens is the first model that makes the leadership roll to countercharge gets to be the countercharging model.
Since the models have to finish their actions that it came off wait to preform, the rest of the models on wait have to wait until the round of combat ends.
Then, if the enemy model still has an action to charge, the models on wait can try to countercharge again.
If the enemy model does not charge, then the waiting models treat it as a model that has moved within their charge range, and the next model that makes its leadership roll can charge.
Combat is done, and if the enemy model is still there, then any remaining models may attempt to come off of wait, one model at a time.

Basicly, since you do all a model's actions before moving to the next model, you should have to do the countercharges off wait one model at a time also.
"Bring your best dice or bring a good brick." - Thom

Offline Firstborn

Re: Rules Question - Wait\Countercharge With Multiple Models
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 07:46:06 AM »
Thanks Aoi.

This makes perfect sense.
Chronopia - The best fantasy miniature wargame ever made